PDA

View Full Version : short throw shifter

Blackstone
03-23-2009, 02:07 PM
I have heard that there are only two good replacement shifters. Steeda, and MGW. What experiences and recommendations do you have for me and why. Thanks.

03White_Venom
03-23-2009, 03:02 PM
You cant go wrong with MGW, best shifter out there!

silververt
03-23-2009, 04:09 PM
I'm not sure how different it is between the cobra's and the GT's but I had a MGW on my GT and the difference was mind boggling. After changing to the MGW I don't think I ever had a missed shift. The shift are so smooth and accurate. I wouldn't put anything else into my car.

Cobra4me
03-23-2009, 06:45 PM
I have had the mgw, no experience with the steeda. I can say that the mgw is a quality piece, easy to install and you will enjoy short precise shifting. :thumbsup:

Andy M
03-23-2009, 07:22 PM
MGW or Steeda TriAX! :thumbsup: I had a TriAX in my 2000 R (which I ran open track and racing with for 4 years) and I loved it! My 03 has an MGW. Same feel and function and I like it alot! You cannot go wrong with either of these.

JROC
03-25-2009, 11:55 PM
I have a Tri-Ax and love it, but I vote you go with a Pro 5.0 shifter with a Tri-Ax handle.

RF Cobra
03-26-2009, 06:58 PM
MGW. They have a great product, stand behind it 100% and have excellent customer service to top it all off. So you get the complete package all the way around with them.

I've heard some complaints about the other brands, but I have never heard anyone complain about the MGW shifters.

kng9nothing
03-26-2009, 08:49 PM
MGW. They have a great product, stand behind it 100% and have excellent customer service to top it all off. So you get the complete package all the way around with them.

I've heard some complaints about the other brands, but I have never heard anyone complain about the MGW shifters.
+1 :thumbsup:

I didn't realize that MGW was based in GA. I ordered mine with 2nd UPS service. The customer service noticed that regular ground would arrive in two days, so they only charged me for ground...when I had paid for 2nd day air. I was very impressed with their customer service!!!! And I am even more impressed with the shifter!

totenkopf13
04-03-2009, 10:36 PM
I have the Tri-ax. It is often refered to as being "notchy" which I like. :thumbsup:

ausie
05-22-2009, 08:25 AM
I got the MGW shifter. I do like it since I have not missed a gear. (was used to the stock ford shifter for many years). The difference from the stock shifter to aftermarket is typically the lack of dampening rubber pads on the shift arm. Aftermarket shifters will transfer transmission noise since they lack the dampers but performance improvement outweighs replacing the transmission due to grinding gears.

04Beasst
06-17-2009, 07:53 AM
I've had the Tri-ax on two cobras...absolutely awesome product. Good friend of mine have the MGW and he swears by it. Win, Win on either product but if I was choosing today, recommend MGW! I would also echo the sentiments on MGW Ltd...phenomenal company, exceptional quality (especially interior chrome accents) and customer service. IMHO.

03whitecobra
07-11-2009, 02:45 PM
B&M Pro Ripper!

johnmsch
07-13-2009, 02:25 PM
Can't remember what the shifter brand is that Shelby puts in the KRs, but I love mine! First time using a short-throw for me, but I'm lovin it.