PDA

View Full Version : Southcentral cobras dead???????

01PETSNAKE
03-23-2009, 09:00 PM
:bounce: I was just wondering if the Southcentral cobra club is becoming something of a memory? If not then let's get this club :rotf: I've noticed that other clubs are getting in the groove! The thing is I enjoy the company of this club I'm just unable to meet up on Tuesdays but I can do weekends as I'm sure so can alot of you guys!! So hopefully I'm wrong and the club is truely not DEAD!!!!!!

cobrabitn
03-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Several members went to the track this past weekend. Maybe if you plan to go out with them to an event, you can catch a ride in their Cobra. Many of our South Central members have tons of experience and I'm sure they'd be thrilled to give you a ride. Then you'll be thrilled! :thumbsup:

Firme
03-23-2009, 11:23 PM
TLEE!! We're still alive :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: although some of us have been more recluse than other lately :lurk: :doubt:

With a bunch of people going to the track event in March.. the next monthly meet will be in April..

Time for a cruise!! Stay tuned. :cool:

Andy M
03-24-2009, 09:00 AM
A few of us will be at TWS in College Station this coming weekend for the SVTOA/Track Guys Lone Star Roundup. Come on down! :thumbsup: I'll give you a ride if you can find a helmet.

97CasperCobra
03-24-2009, 09:42 AM
.....although some of us have been more recluse than other lately :lurk: :doubt:

:side:

I was beginning to wonder if our Region has lost it's steam, but I know that a LOT of us are tremendously busy. I could go on and on about how much work I have to do, and when I'm not working I am working on the house....but then I'd sound like Larry Frank..... :p

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon.... :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
03-24-2009, 02:53 PM
Not quite dead.

There are not too many good days for me anymore, on this current course of treatment.

I miss Y'all too.

93KingCobra
03-24-2009, 03:37 PM
It has been so long it feels like forever since I hung out with everyone since work is so crazy :(

Evilcartman
03-24-2009, 04:19 PM
It seems like since we moved, we have to very busy. I am going to TWS this weekend to take pics though. Tuesday night meets are very difficult for us to make. I do keep thinking how things have slowed down on the board. I just figured everybody is working harder at the office (trying to keep their jobs) and people may be limited to funds.

Anyone else going to TWS to hang out this weekend?

ORANGE CRUSH
03-24-2009, 04:53 PM
The only thing that is dead was that guys post count...:thumbsup: :rotf:Maybe if you go to some events and participate, you would realize that the SCMC is not dead. Don't post 8 times and then say it's dead. Put fourth some effort.

97CasperCobra
03-24-2009, 05:12 PM
Anyone else going to TWS to hang out this weekend?
I may go Keith, but it will have to be on Sunday as I have a wedding to go to on Sat. Not 100% though, so it may be last minute.

Andy M
03-24-2009, 05:22 PM
Maybe its just me, but we certainly had a LOT of those so-called "dead" members at our house for the XMAS BASH this past December! :rolleyes: ;)

Twice Bitten
03-24-2009, 05:44 PM
Casper-

**** Off!

01PETSNAKE
03-24-2009, 05:54 PM
WELL I GUESS I HAVE TO GET BETTER AT BLOGGING BUT I ALSO KNOW NOT EVERYONE RUNS THEIR CARS AT THE TRACK RIGHT TODD! I JUST CAN'T IMAGINE YOU TRACKING THAT BEAUTIFUL ORANGE CAR!! BUT I'M NOW ON MY 9TH POST HOW ABOUT THAT? AND THE REASON FOR MY POST WAS TO MAYBE GET SOME SNAKES OUT THERE SLITHERING!!! IT'S THAT TIME OF THE SEASON!! BY THE WAY IT WAS JUST A ?!! SO I THOUGHT MAYBE MEMBERS OF THIS CLUB MIGHT WANT TO DO A SATURDAYNIGHT CRUISE NOTHING REAL WILD JUST HANGING OUT YOU KNOW A LITTLE (SHOW&SHINE) AND MAYBE MORE THAN 5 OR 6 MEMBERS SHOWING UP!! LIKE I SAID I LIKE THIS GROUP BECAUSE EVERYONE IS A LITTLE DIFFERENT WITH ONE THING IN COMMON...(COBRAS) BY THE WAY I WORK ALOT ALSO THANK THE LORD! LET'S NOT FORGET THE HONEY DOOS... I JUST FIGURED EVERYONE MIGHT NEED A LITTLE BREAK NOW THEN THE MORE THE MERRIER!!!:) :D :cool: :eek: :( ;) :rolleyes: :baby: :o :p :mad: :doubt: :rotf: :bounce: :thumbsup: P.S. ROCKNROLL!!!!

97CasperCobra
03-24-2009, 06:45 PM
Maybe its just me, but we certainly had a LOT of those so-called "dead" members at our house for the XMAS BASH this past December! :rolleyes: ;)
I was wondering where all those people came from!!!! :lol:

All kidding aside people, we should get the monthly meets back on track again and start recruiting more members. Maybe good ol' Firme can put up the link to the SCMC flyer so we can all do our part to get new members. I've seen SEVERAL Shelbys on the road around town as well as the Cobras.

Tuesday meets are hard for me since I've been on site and Starbuck's is on the other side of town now that I'm on I-10 East and Beltway 8. It's very rare that I get off work before 7 now.....but I'm not complaining!!!!

Firme
03-24-2009, 06:54 PM
I was wondering where all those people came from!!!! :lol:
Maybe good ol' Firme can put up the link to the SCMC flyer so we can all do our part to get new members. I've seen SEVERAL Shelbys on the road around town as well as the Cobras.

Yeah, I need to put together a revised one that is "up to date" on the models out nowadays. :D

Looks like Tlee at least lit a fire under some butts :rotf:

There will definitely be an April monthly meet.

97CasperCobra
03-24-2009, 06:59 PM
There will definitely be an April monthly meet.
Quite possibly a house party somewhere....... :dunno: I'm in the mood for some LRC!!!!!

backnblack
03-24-2009, 07:36 PM
Maybe some cars can cruise up to TWS this weekend to check out the track junkies then go grab a bite to eat and cruise back. Short notice but we can always plan something like this in the future.

97CasperCobra
03-24-2009, 08:21 PM
Maybe some cars can cruise up to TWS this weekend to check out the track junkies then go grab a bite to eat and cruise back. Short notice but we can always plan something like this in the future.
If I go, it'll be Sunday.....I'd love me some Texas Roadhouse....the service is :thumbsup:

Evilcartman
03-25-2009, 09:09 AM
I'm going Saturday.

msmap
03-25-2009, 11:31 AM
no one ever goes to Starbucks anymore. last night there were 8 of us, most out in the dds though.

Andy M
03-25-2009, 01:00 PM
Someone else said it best above but I will reiterate it now.. I think folks are just plain busy. Add to that the uneasiness some folks feel with their current job situation and you begin to understand the pressures that exist. If you are lucky enough to have a good job - you are probably working harder now to keep it than at any time in the past.

That said, I would sure love to begin having some regular club meets on weekends. During the week just does not work well for me personally. I travel quite a bit for work and with family stuff in between, I might be lucky to make one Tuesday in an entire year. Would you all be interested in doing some sort of local cruise/gathering say once per quarter? or twice, that way for those of you/us who cannot make one, they could always try to make the second one. I'd also like to see if/how we might try to increase our local membership. There have got to be a lot of other Cobra owners out there who do not know about our club. We just need to figure out how to reach them and get them joined up.

Thoughts?.... comments?....

Evilcartman
03-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Andy, sounds like a good idea to me. We would like to attend weekend meets also. Maybe a park meet? Dyno day? Cruise? Bowling? Movie? HRP? Iím as guilty as anyone else about not being around or suggesting events and gatherings.

Another thing, maybe even making the Tuesday night meets every other Tuesday would increase attendance? I think the more people that post they will be there, the more people show up. We would have less meets, but more people show up to each one. Maybe leave the Starbucks weekly?

97CasperCobra
03-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Ok, so Starbucks/Tuesday nights aren't what they once were, but I do believe that is because MOST of us are working, have a home and/or young families to get home to. With the economy as it is, those of us that do work...are all working hard trying to keep the jobs we have and can not afford to spend $20/week on dinner out.

Monthly meets do need to get on a regular basis, and I'll be the first to admit that I haven't been to one in who KNOWS when. If there is a track event we should still have a meet since some of us don't track the cars and dinner/cruise/show n shine is something that everyone can enjoy if you don't go to the track that weekend.

Now to the most important item....GROWING our membership. We have all done our part to keep this club going, now it's time to STEP it up and get more members!!!! More members = more events = more fun = more members!!!

I don't think anything else needs to be said, times are rough right now and people are busy. Let's all try to come out to the April meet and have some fun!!!! :thumbsup: