PDA

View Full Version : 97 Cobra For Sale

kng9nothing
03-26-2009, 05:03 PM
first off...this is not mine :). If I had the money, I'd probably pick it up though.

1997 Black Cobra Coupe (http://www.carolinarides.com/forum/showthread.php?p=444375#post444375) (all the pics and contact info are his post on carolinarides)

ust got this car a few months ago, but I'm never satisfied and I'm ready for a change again. From what I've read, this is 1 of 43 black Cobra hardtops with black cloth interior built in 97. Paint is probably a 6 out of 10 which is to be expected on a 12 year old black car, but the body is very straight with only a couple minor dings. Interior is a 7 or 8 out of 10. It has the normal tear on the driverside seat bolster, other than that it's nice inside. Odometer is 152,xxx however the car has 4.30 gears and no speedo recalibration, so the mileage is less than it actually shows. I have a Dallas Mustang SpeedCal that will go with the car, I just haven't had time to install it yet. 60mph is actually 70mph on the speedo.

Since I've bought it, I've spent over $600 in maintenance and tune-up items. I seafoamed the engine, cleaned the IMRC runners and deleted the butterflies. Has new valve cover gaskets, spark plug tube seals, IMRC gaskets, intake manifold gaskets, injector o-rings and coolant crossover tube o-rings. Fresh coolant and an oil change with Mobil 1 5w-30 & Motorcraft filter. New spark plugs and Ford Racing plug wires. New rear rotors and pads, rear wheel bearings and seals, rear shocks and fresh fluid in rearend. new fuel filter and fuel tank filler neck grommet. Previous owner had also just replaced the serpentine belt and belt tensioner. I'm sure there are other things I'm forgetting, but as you can tell I did alot to it.

As of 3/22 it will have a new alternator, battery cables and battery. Alternator went out on me so I'm replacing everything.

Car has a few basic mods done to it
- 4.30 Motorsport Gears
- BBK underdrive pulleys
- BBK cold air intake
- BBK o/r H pipe
- Flowmaster 2-chambers dumped
- Pro 5.0 short shifter
- Ford Racing Plug Wires
- MSD Coil Packs
- Eibach Pro-Kit springs
- 98 Cobra wheels painted black
- Dallas Mustang SpeedCal (not yet installed)
- Ford Racing Aluminum Driveshaft (not yet installed)

Also have a brand new in the box 03/04 Cobra 11" clutch/flywheel setup with new Ford clutch cable and pilot bearing that I will include with the sale of the car. Just bought all this from Jonboy @ Hilbish, just haven't had time to install it. Clutch in the car now is fine, I just wanted to upgrade.

Asking $6500 obo for the car. Not really looking for trades anymore, needing to sell outright. Make Offers $$$ talks http://www.carolinarides.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif