PDA

View Full Version : Weird Blower Problem

TommyA77
03-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Got a weird question for ya guys. Any time I jump down deep in the throttle after I turn, my blower light turns on and acts like it is dying, then kicks back in and runs fine. If I have been going straight for a while it is ok, but if I am turning at a light and floor it, the blower light turns on and the car just goes limp until I let off.

Any Ideas?

cfradam
03-30-2009, 09:03 PM
I dont know what a blower light is. since I havnt had this problem I guess Ive never seen anything light up on my dash. sounds more like the traction control kicking in and then turning off once you've regained traction.

Adam

TommyA77
03-30-2009, 09:22 PM
It is a complete loss of power. Like the blower stop working and you have to let out of the throttle 100% for it to right itself.

RF Cobra
03-30-2009, 10:50 PM
Sure it's not the traction control light you are talking about coming on?

What you are describing is exactly what the traction control is designed to do to try to keep you from wrecking the car if you are trying to apply too much power. Trying to floor it in a turn would be one of those times and is not a good idea with these cars unless you are trying to spin out.

puzzle13
03-30-2009, 11:01 PM
The traction control light looks like a blower light. Turn off your traction control off and you won't have this problem anymore. The traction contol will basically shut down the acceleration until both wheels are making good traction. Just be careful ... when the traction control is off you are good to go at full power and the back end will slide around very easily.

silververt
03-31-2009, 10:23 AM
Does the light that comes on look like the image in the link?

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.blue-led-conversions.co.uk/shop/images/uploads/focustractioncontrol.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.blue-led-conversions.co.uk/shop/index.php%3Fact%3DviewProd%26productId%3D23&usg=__JWmx1wcbAblDhOlbj9HQlhic9q0=&h=263&w=350&sz=20&hl=en&start=11&tbnid=q3tNQwv_qKpEbM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=120&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtraction%2Bcontrol%2Bford%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den

TommyA77
04-01-2009, 12:51 AM
God I am an idiot. That is exactly what the picture looks like. I was wondering why the car was being a turd. Thanks so much guys.

cfradam
04-01-2009, 09:39 PM
if you TC is on DONT try to do a hard launch. it feels like your riding an extremely mad bull locked in a very small room...brings back bad memories

svt2004cobra
04-03-2009, 05:36 PM
the COBRA's all-speed traction-control system is linked with the ABS and engine control computers; when rear wheelspin is detected, the system can retard ignition timing, shut down spark and fuel to the cylinders or simply apply the brakes at one or both driven wheels to bring the car under control.
just a liitle info on how it works . if you were wondering what it does. that is the basics of it.

also it is in your Mustang's owners manual (about page 108) for more info on it

countrysvt
04-13-2009, 03:26 PM
i was thinking why dont i have a blower light but know looking at it it does look like a blower/turbo! mine has been disabled for so long i forgot about it.

robbie:rotf: