PDA

View Full Version : up grading

1BAD04Cobra
04-14-2009, 12:20 AM
Im lookn to do something to my 04 Cobra, I have a flowmaster cat back and h pipe with no cats. Whats some things to do to open her up some more. Blower pulleys I've heard are good, but what size and gettin someone to tune it right. Thanks for any help. :Ddavid

RF Cobra
04-14-2009, 09:52 AM
David,

We need to know where you live in order to recommend a tuner in your area. If you live in our area (NC/SC/GA/TN/VA or there about), Dan at Pro-Dyno is who we would recommend for your tuning needs.

Have you done anything on the intake side? Either a JLT Performance CAI or RAI intake kit will provide more airflow into the engine (I have the carbon fiber RAI on my car).

I haven't done a pulley swap yet as I'm considering going to a Whipple, so someone else will need to chime in about pulleys.

wahg1
04-14-2009, 08:20 PM
I have an '03 with magnaflow cat backs, jlt cai, 2.8 pulley (14 lbs. boost), 1 colder plugs gapped @ .028, tuned at a professional shop. this is good for 461hp and 491 lbtq on the dyno. I can recommend a excellant shop here in central PA.

1BAD04Cobra
04-15-2009, 02:50 PM
I Live in lynchburg, VA. About an hour and a half from the NC Va line. Where is Pro-dyno located at. I have a friend that just got his blower ported and is putting down 520hp. But that's kinda pricey. And nothings been done to the intake all stock. Also what about a lower pulley, kinda dont want anyone to know what hit them, kinda more hidden. Thanks for all yals help.:thumbsup:

puzzle13
04-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Prior to my whipple I was running the 2.8 with headers, cai, etc. and was running around 450. With a ported supercharger that will go up to around 520, but you may have to make some changes to your fuel supply. It really depends on what you expect and what you are going to do with the car. If you are going to spend time on the track and push it harder ... save you money and go to a Whipple. If just for the street, a 2.8 pulley will give you a nice running car, but if you want 550 or more ... go to the Whipple.

If you get the work done by the end of May, you can meet us at VIR and Dan with Pro Dyno will be there so he could tune your car!

RF Cobra
04-15-2009, 07:16 PM
That's true. Dan will be at our VIR event the whole weekend so that would save you a good bit of driving. His shop is located right by the NC/SC line off the exit for Carowinds.

http://www.pro-dyno.net/

1BAD04Cobra
04-16-2009, 12:37 AM
Nice sounds like a plan, may have to goto that VIR event. Im kinda looking for just a lil more out of the car, not like a dragstrip slayer. I had a solid axle I was gonna put in the car but decided not to. Kinda want to keep it where if I wanted to out it back stock I could. Thanks for all the great info, and also I LOVE ur Redfire Cobra man looks great, mines Torch red. I had an 03 GT Redfire and looked all over the place trying to find one new at the end of 2004 when i decided I wanted a Cobra. thanks again