PDA

View Full Version : 1993 cobra R forsale

acerothstien
04-14-2009, 04:14 AM
1993 cobra r all original , 456 miles...yes 456!!! ,1 of 107 ever produced in this body style. 1 of 107 period, all 107 had same colors and options!5 lug ,4 wheel disc, 13 inch disc'up front, power steering cooler,chassis and frame stiffeners, all original off the ford assembly line. still in plastic , full documentation , LIKE NEW still has grease pencil markings from assy. line and original window sticker. will entertain trade idea's. $78500.00

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq290/acerothstien/DSC00488.jpg

frankvsprint@earthlink.net

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq290/acerothstien/DSC00488.jpg

97CasperCobra
04-15-2009, 10:53 PM
Seriously....$78,500!?!!?!?!?! Beautiful car, but I think for that money I'd rather have a brand new Z06 with full warranty and change left over or even a Shelby with a few extra mods.

I think I'm in the wrong line of work!!!!!

69fastback
04-15-2009, 11:12 PM
yeah, i saw one on ebay with all of the window markings

they wanted around 30000-40000

93KingCobra
04-16-2009, 02:31 AM
There is always someone that will pay anything for the right car.... :D

For me I would pay that if I won the Lotto......

95R2KR
04-16-2009, 07:24 AM
Seriously....$78,500!?!!?!?!?! Beautiful car, but I think for that money I'd rather have a brand new Z06 with full warranty and change left over or even a Shelby with a few extra mods.

I think I'm in the wrong line of work!!!!!

I sold my 93R last April for $70K, so I could re-invest the funds in a 725 Super Snake. <<< I paid $40K for that same 93R in 2003 with no additional $$$ spent during the 4 year ownership except for insurance and fuel for an occassional trip to a local car show. Who says "no" late model cars are good investments?. To those I say, "you have not done your homework".

Is a 93R still considered a "Late Model Mustang"?

R

flynfink
04-16-2009, 07:54 AM
OK folks, quit questioning his pricing and let the guy sell it for what ever he can get. Market will set the price.

93 Cobra R
04-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Nice car, good luck with sale. I've thought about selling mine a few times, just can't bring myself to do it.

95cobraR
04-27-2009, 10:48 AM
Is a 93R still considered a "Late Model Mustang"?

Hey Robert,
I think a 1993 Cobra (R or not) is now a "classic" Mustang. Afterall, it is now 17 years old.

I know the "collector car" insurers now consider them to be classic cars and allow the corresponding lower "collector car" rate. However, they do not allow daily driving of the car while the policy also has a annual mileage limit (1000 or 5000 miles).

It's hard to believe that a 2000 Cobra R is now 10 years old. I must be getting old.

Doc

95R2KR
05-09-2009, 08:26 AM
Bump for a beautiful 93R!!!!!!

Hey Robert,
I think a 1993 Cobra (R or not) is now a "classic" Mustang. Afterall, it is now 17 years old.

I know the "collector car" insurers now consider them to be classic cars and allow the corresponding lower "collector car" rate. However, they do not allow daily driving of the car while the policy also has a annual mileage limit (1000 or 5000 miles).

It's hard to believe that a 2000 Cobra R is now 10 years old. I must be getting old.

Doc

Hi Doc, I assumed that also, the 93R being a classic. It just seems like the "Late Model" title will hang onto the Fox body's forever. They have not been "Late Model" Mustangs for a long time.

I am finding that even something as new as my 2008 Super Snake qualifies for collector car insurance, as long as I keep within the mileage. Actually I have collector car insurance on all of my newer Cobras. They average about $379 per year.

R

acerothstien
12-02-2009, 10:16 PM
yeah, i saw one on ebay with all of the window markings

they wanted around 30000-40000there is NO WAY youve seen a 1993 cobra R in the wrapper for 30-40k. and if you did and didnt buy it, your a fool!
if so post a link so we can all see it.
I have seen one on ebay as high as 100k.... this is an R code 1 of 107 ever produced car! do your homework these cars are the rarest of all late model mustangs..and I am not talking about the yellow 4 cyl cars because of options that made them rare. they made 107 period ever! all red , all the same options

95R2KR
12-03-2009, 08:24 PM
there is NO WAY youve seen a 1993 cobra R in the wrapper for 30-40k. and if you did and didnt buy it, your a fool!
if so post a link so we can all see it.
I have seen one on ebay as high as 100k.... this is an R code 1 of 107 ever produced car! do your homework these cars are the rarest of all late model mustangs..and I am not talking about the yellow 4 cyl cars because of options that made them rare. they made 107 period ever! all red , all the same options

But reality is current reality. No I have not seen any wrapper 93R's for $30K to $40K in the past 6 years, but the market that "was" in March of 2008 when I sold the car you have pictured at the beginning of this thread (#51 of the 107) in the $70K's w/458 original miles is sadly not near that kind of $$$ in todays economy, in fact I know of a 520 original mile 93R in this exact same condition that sold in the last 2 months for far less, and to add to reality I also know of a 26 original mile wrapper 93R that recently sold for a little more than the 520 mile car, in the $50K's. Those are a far cry from the past $70K-$100K figures that are quoted as current reality on some websites. There is no magic, 107 build number does not make them immune from economic reality.

I don't like the current market either, but it is what it is.............sad!!

I can say that this #51 is a beautiful car!!, but I had my eyes on a 725 Super Snake and it took the sale of that car (#51) to move that direction.

R

cobrabitn
12-03-2009, 09:41 PM
First off, I don't think you should call anyone a fool on this forum.

Personally, a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Supply and demand..... I have been looking for an R in my price range for sometime but haven't found it yet or should I say I missed one. I'm willing to wait till the price gets there or else I'll just keep what I have. Other people feel the same way. I think your car looks great but again, demand will dictate the price and nothing else. Maybe once the economy comes back around, it'll command a bigger price but even the 100K Shelby KR's have dropped to 69K and that's a pretty big drop.

Good luck with the sale, hope it goes to a good home.

95R2KR
12-04-2009, 07:31 AM
First off, I don't think you should call anyone a fool on this forum.

Personally, a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Supply and demand..... I have been looking for an R in my price range for sometime but haven't found it yet or should I say I missed one. I'm willing to wait till the price gets there or else I'll just keep what I have. Other people feel the same way. I think your car looks great but again, demand will dictate the price and nothing else. Maybe once the economy comes back around, it'll command a bigger price but even the 100K Shelby KR's have dropped to 69K and that's a pretty big drop.

Good luck with the sale, hope it goes to a good home.

Actually I have seen new KR's linked on some of the forums priced into the $50K's, high $50's, but $50K's.

Since the KR is a new car and the 93R is now "aged" I hesitate to compare the two and prices. The 93R has dropped along with the overall collector car market, the KR is new, so it was going to drop no matter what people thought, and then there is that pesky 2010 GT500 that appeared on the scene with 540h.p.!?!?!? and "current" body lines.

R

cobrabitn
12-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Wow! I should have waited for a KR, eh? :D

I wasn't trying to compare the two against one another. I was simply saying that the market is so bad that $100K vehicles are now almost half price. Not a good time to sell investment vehicles. Just hold on to them and in a few years, the market will turn around and the guy will be able to get his price and then some. :thumbsup:

95R2KR
12-05-2009, 07:50 AM
Wow! I should have waited for a KR, eh? :D

I wasn't trying to compare the two against one another. I was simply saying that the market is so bad that $100K vehicles are now almost half price. Not a good time to sell investment vehicles. Just hold on to them and in a few years, the market will turn around and the guy will be able to get his price and then some. :thumbsup:

The other side of the KR, they were not $100K cars to start with. If I remember correctly they were $79.995 (or something like that) MSRP on their original window sticker, that was the retail price. Only after the dealerships (not all, but many) got a hold of them and attached an "ADM" (Adjusted Market Value) to each car did they sore to $100K and sometimes a lot more. That is called "new car hype" and the "gotta have it now" mentality. It will be many, many years before the "hype" money is gained back. But this is nothing new, GT500's, Cobra R's, 03 Cobra's and most any car that is new, special, high powered and sought after has an ADM attached at the dealership level. Just wait until this new Z/28 w/557h.p. comes to the dealerships, if it becomes reality...............No Camaro since 2002, 557 S/C H.P............WOW!! The Chev. guys will be mortgaging everything they own, and the dealerships will be sayig "please sign here" X______________.

R

cobrabitn
12-05-2009, 09:50 AM
Yeah, I agree..they were either 79K or it may have been 82K, not sure. Yep, dealers mark them up but they have come down to reality now. Shame, I would have gotten a KR if they were in the 50's like they are now but I got an 09 for 42K and I'm happy even though now they are going for 40K.

Not to keep off subject though, I do think the 1993 is a collectible and hopefully they'll creep back up as soon as we get through this economic mess. :thumbsup: