PDA

View Full Version : sad news......

Andy M
05-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Folks,

Not sure how many of you remember Don Smith (tcm-668 on the board)? He owned Cobra R #152 and made it to a few of our events over the years. Don's father called me from Louisiana earlier this evening to let me know Don has sadly passed away. :(

He apparently had been suffering from several serious conditions, including high blood pressure. Although the cause of death is not yet confirmed, it is believed he likely suffered a heart attack. He was only 44 years old.

I had just spoken with him a couple of months ago. I had invited him to our SCMC XMAS Bash but he could not make it and I was checking in on him. He had recently moved to the Woodlands and was also working up there as well. As my office is also in the Woodlands, I suggested we get together for lunch some time. We unfortunately were never able to hook up due to scheduling conflicts.

Don was a great friend and lived life to the fullest. He will be missed.

Rest in Peace buddy!

SuperG
05-11-2009, 11:24 PM
That is so sad to hear...

97CasperCobra
05-11-2009, 11:56 PM
Wow...so very sad, I appreciate you posting this Andy and keeping us in the loop of our fallen. I will keep him and his family in my thoughts and prayers. :(

cobrabitn
05-11-2009, 11:58 PM
Hate to hear that..my condolences to his family. :(

Firme
05-12-2009, 07:14 AM
Wow, I remember Don, he was a great guy and fun to be around. This is sad news indeed, at such a young age. He will be sadly missed :( . Him and his family will be in our prayers.

Thank you Andy for letting us know.

93KingCobra
05-12-2009, 09:59 AM
That is so sad to hear. I did not know Don but I'm sure hew was a great guy....

He will be in our prayers as well.

Admiral
05-14-2009, 06:46 AM
Sorry to hear of this loss Andy, I didn't know Don but he sounds like a true enthusiast and great guy. That is way too young to leave this world from a heart attack.