PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 1994-1998 SN95 to be built into a race car (east coast)

95cobraR
06-01-2009, 03:37 PM
We desire an old worn-out 1994-1998 Cobra that can be built into a race car.

The perfect example would be one without an engine or transmission (we already have two). A NASA or SCCA cage would be a plus. A decent (i.g., a good race car paint job) exterior would be a plus. The interior should be trashed and in poor shape. A proper cage can be welded in by the shop.

If you know of one, please help us arrange a sale (a finders fee is available but only for cars with the desire for a quick sale-- Please no "testing-the-waters cars").

The resulting car will be professionally built by a race shop (Gary Jones Motorsport). Please lend a hand to a few under-budget racers.

We have a hauler and plan to go door-to-door in a racing series:
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c154/95CobraR/Panoz-1.jpg

Philcsag1
06-21-2009, 10:35 PM
Does it have to be a Cobra?

Would a 1995 GT do?

95cobraR
06-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Does it have to be a Cobra?

Would a 1995 GT do?

Yes, it should be a Cobra since those cars competed in the old IMSA Motorola series.

But if the GT is cheap enough to be converted to a Cobra; it could work.

dcazin
06-29-2009, 01:21 PM
Yes, it should be a Cobra since those cars competed in the old IMSA Motorola series.

But if the GT is cheap enough to be converted to a Cobra; it could work.

Im selling the cobra engine out of my Panoz that I purchased from Gary ... let me know if you are interested in that.
:bounce:

Philcsag1
06-29-2009, 10:44 PM
Im selling the cobra engine out of my Panoz that I purchased from Gary ... let me know if you are interested in that.

is this a push rod engine?

is it carb or efi?

displacement?

95cobraR
06-30-2009, 04:10 PM

Gary has a shop full of engines and transmissions.

I am not sure where you are, but he may be interested if you deliver it. :confused:

He just bought this car:
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c154/95CobraR/95R53.jpg

He bought it without an engine or transmission.

dcazin
07-02-2009, 10:21 PM
is this a push rod engine?

is it carb or efi?

displacement?

It is EFI - we believe its close to stock - I have tried to reach Panoz to see if they have any custom tunes or if they can tell me what Cam's were used - idle appears to have a different cam - could be the tune.

Gary - do you know?