PDA

View Full Version : parting out 03 convertible?

puzzle13
06-04-2009, 05:06 PM
Well ... tough decision! Due to the time I am planning on spending at the track I either need to lighten this pig, or get something else lighter. So I am either going to sell the whole car or part out the engine & all of interior along with some sheet metal parts. So here goes ...

The car ... 03 convertible with 19000 miles, Tiger Racing front end body parts (fenders, splitter, & hood), full MM coil over suspension, MM K-member, MM Tower brace, MM full length subframes, Steeda rear bushings, Steeda rear diff brace, Steeda shifter, extra guages for oil temp & coolant temp + more, 3 sets of rims & tires (1 chrome for the street w/new tires) ALL are 315's front & rear, Whipple supercharger, 60# injectors, GT pumps w/Fore assembly hat, fuel module upgrade, race oil pan, Evans cooling thermostat relocation w/Evans coolant, head coolant mod, oversized water pump pulley w/aftermarket pump, battery relocated to trunk, Stop-Tech brakes up front, dual pass heat exchanger, custom oversize coolant tank, BBK long tubes, BBK h-pipe w/cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, plus more. This car makes 570 rwhp on 15 lbs of boost & pump gas (Pro Dyno tune)... could go much higer with pulley & tune change. If I sell the whole car I will be looking at around $30,000 twice that has been invested.

If parting out ... I will sell engine w/Whipple supercharger for $10,000.00. I may also sell the tranny. All interior parts are in excellent shape and are for sale. Seats ... front & rear in perfect conditon, carpet, etc. Just email concering any parts you want.

Exterior sheet metal in excellent condition - silver paint - hood w/hinges, both fenders, trunk w/stock spoiler ... again email with needs.

Extra parts ... LFP Heat Exchanger, LFP Aluminum Racing Radiator, stock water pump & pulley, etc.

If there is something you need ... email me!

Thanks.

RF Cobra
06-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Seems like it would be better to sell it outright to someone who would appreciate having a Cobra and then go buy something else.

puzzle13
06-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Well, I would sell it outright if someone was interested as I put in the post, but this car either will appeal or not appeal to someone. I personally love the car and do not want to part with it. I am looking into other ways to lighten it up and make it run cooler as it is probably going to be a track car from now on. I plan on selling the interior and all the extra parts. The interior removal should take out some weight and then if and when I blow up the motor (probably never) I will deal with a new motor without a supercharger. I just have lots of extra parts in perfect condition that need a new home.

cobrabitn
06-06-2009, 10:49 PM
What Burke said...put it back to being a vert for the streets and get yourself a dedicated naturally aspirated track car you can gut out.

brkntrxn
06-07-2009, 01:41 AM
Michael,

LOL, some of your post sounded eerily familiar to my experiences... ie blow the motor and go back NA.

If you part it out, let me know about the Tiger Racing hood and wide body pieces for the front.

BTW, just drive the thing until it blows. Then do what I did, get a reliable NA setup and have fun.

-Kevin

puzzle13
06-07-2009, 09:42 AM
Well, I don't have the funds to have 2 cars like you and Burke. I won't be taking off the Tiger Racing parts, but will sell the stock hood, fenders, & trunk lid. My plan is to run this one till it dies and then build a good naturally aspirated engine. I just figured if I could find someone that wanted a terminator engine with a Whipple that is in great shape, I could forgo the time it took to blow this one. In the meantime I will slowly be taking out the interior to lighten the load.

Rod eady
06-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Hey Puzzle13,

I would be interested in two 17x10 1/2 wheels if they are the OEM chrome type if you decide to part it out, also what type of tires are on them?

Thanks

Rod

Philcsag1
06-07-2009, 11:13 AM
If you decide to go the build it from scratch route.

I have a 1995 Mustang GT (GTS) the model that did not have power windows door locks or cruise control, it is a 302 5 speed and make a great track car.

the car spent most of its life in Florida

You could get this car down to 3100 lbs. with a full cage.

Car is located 16 miles from NYC.

The price is cheap!!!!!

Phil

Philcsag1@aol.com

cobrabitn
06-07-2009, 12:01 PM
Well, I don't have the funds to have 2 cars like you and Burke.

Don't you have another Mustang, a second one? I mean a 1966 convertible somewhere or did you sell it? :doubt:

puzzle13
06-07-2009, 03:24 PM
The 1966 was sold over a year ago ... never drove it since I had the Beast!Don't you have another Mustang, a second one? I mean a 1966 convertible somewhere or did you sell it? :doubt:

puzzle13
06-07-2009, 03:27 PM
I just had someone else email me concerning the wheels. They are brand new replicas in chrome with Nitto 555Extreme tires mounted on them. They have less than 200 miles on them and cost over $385.00 each (tire & w heel). I will let them go for $600.00 per pair of tires & wheels.

Hey Puzzle13,

I would be interested in two 17x10 1/2 wheels if they are the OEM chrome type if you decide to part it out, also what type of tires are on them?

Thanks

Rod

puzzle13
06-07-2009, 03:28 PM
I would love to keep this one and build a track only car, but I just don't have the cash to do the mods ... especially like the ones I have done to this car. I am most likely going to sell interior parts & extras and make this my track car for now.

If you decide to go the build it from scratch route.

I have a 1995 Mustang GT (GTS) the model that did not have power windows door locks or cruise control, it is a 302 5 speed and make a great track car.

the car spent most of its life in Florida

You could get this car down to 3100 lbs. with a full cage.

Car is located 16 miles from NYC.

The price is cheap!!!!!

Phil

Philcsag1@aol.com

TheSandman
06-07-2009, 09:55 PM
It's Hell trying to keep up with the "just another slow Shelby":rolleyes: !!!!!! Tried so hard it just overheats!!!:cool:

cobrabitn
06-07-2009, 10:08 PM
:rotf: :lol: :lol: :lol: :woot: :woot: :banana: :banana:

Mike :starwars: Vernon

puzzle13
06-08-2009, 08:40 AM
Yeah, well they were throwing those blue & orange flags on you quite often when I was behind you on Sunday!!

It's Hell trying to keep up with the "just another slow Shelby":rolleyes: !!!!!! Tried so hard it just overheats!!!:cool:

Kenn McClinton
06-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Will you sell the side Air Scoops, really only need the passenger side for my 1999 Roush Cobra Convertible, but will buy both if you will noe sell just one!

TheSandman
06-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Yeah, well they were throwing those blue & orange flags on you quite often when I was behind you on Sunday!!I guess the cornerworker didn't see:eek: the tow strap!!!:D

puzzle13
06-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Oh where oh where would I be without my slow Shelby half cousins?!!!

I guess the cornerworker didn't see:eek: the tow strap!!!:D

silververt
06-09-2009, 07:49 PM
If you are going to part it out I am interested in the passender side door panel and the driver side sunvisor.

puzzle13
06-10-2009, 12:03 AM
I haven't gotten that far yet, but I will know soon. I am sure we can make a deal. Right now I am working on the seats, fenders, hood, & trunk lid w/spoiler. Will get to the rest if some of this disappears.

If you are going to part it out I am interested in the passender side door panel and the driver side sunvisor.

97CasperCobra
06-10-2009, 11:58 PM
If parting out ... I will sell engine w/Whipple supercharger for $10,000.00. I may also sell the tranny.
$10K for just the motor and Whipple?!?!? Does this include the wiring harness & ECU?? Let me know. :thumbsup:

puzzle13
06-11-2009, 12:38 AM
Sorry if you think the price is high. Lots less than what it will cost to put one together with a Whipple that has less than 3000 miles on it and less than 19000 miles on the whole thing, including a Canton oil pan & windage tray, LDC cooling mod, Accufab throttle body, Afco dual pass heat exchanger, custom intercooler coolant tank, & JLT cold air with MAF. Since I was thinking of going with a carbureted engine I might have included all fuel upgrades also. Concerning the wiring harness & ecu ... not sure as I have had no real interest yet. Most likely I will just keep the engine and sell everything else that is extra.

$10K for just the motor and Whipple?!?!? Does this include the wiring harness & ECU?? Let me know. :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
06-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Sorry if you think the price is high. Lots less than what it will cost to put one together with a Whipple that has less than 3000 miles on it and less than 19000 miles on the whole thing, including a Canton oil pan & windage tray, LDC cooling mod, Accufab throttle body, Afco dual pass heat exchanger, custom intercooler coolant tank, & JLT cold air with MAF. Since I was thinking of going with a carbureted engine I might have included all fuel upgrades also. Concerning the wiring harness & ecu ... not sure as I have had no real interest yet. Most likely I will just keep the engine and sell everything else that is extra.
Never said it was high and never knew what else was else was included with the engine....now it explains a lot behind the price. Best of luck :thumbsup:

puzzle13
06-15-2009, 09:27 PM
Well, all body parts (trunk, hood, fenders) are sold. The front seats are sold, but the back seat is still available. All that is left is the interior parts and the chrome rims & tires, the LFP radiator & heat exchanger, and other misc. parts.

All parts like door skins, sun visors, rear side panels, stereo parts, all trunk interior parts ... I would prefer to sell them in sets.

Xavier
06-17-2009, 01:30 AM
how much for the transmission?

fast-asp
06-17-2009, 08:03 AM
How much for the complete set of trunk interior panels and trunk floor mat?

fast-asp
06-17-2009, 12:27 PM
Just noticed that you still have the back seat available - let me know the price on that too. I really only need the covers, I have the frame that needs newer covers. Check your PM and I will send you my phone number.

puzzle13
06-17-2009, 09:30 PM
PM and email sent.

Just noticed that you still have the back seat available - let me know the price on that too. I really only need the covers, I have the frame that needs newer covers. Check your PM and I will send you my phone number.

1F8LSNK
06-24-2009, 06:52 AM
Do you have the factory 6 disk radio?

puzzle13
06-24-2009, 10:08 PM
Yes, just took it out last night. I also have the amps & speakers.Do you have the factory 6 disk radio?

91svtcoupe
06-28-2009, 11:25 PM
Can I get a picture of the Rad?

is it a stock replacement? Thanks Rob

robloanmoney@yahoo.com

puzzle13
06-29-2009, 06:02 PM
It is a stock replacement ... you can read of all the specs on the website of Lightning Force Performance. ( www.lightningforceperformance.com ) My radiator is just like new ... no damage at all. It is currently packed up so I have put the web picture on here for you.

Can I get a picture of the Rad?

is it a stock replacement? Thanks Rob

robloanmoney@yahoo.com

JayTee
07-12-2009, 01:56 AM
I think I bought a BBK CAI from you a year or so ago. I need A catted x-pipe for my Cobra... any idea what you like to have for that?

JayTee (JT)

puzzle13
07-12-2009, 05:50 PM
I did have one, but the cats are now cleaned out and it is still on my car. Sorry.

I think I bought a BBK CAI from you a year or so ago. I need A catted x-pipe for my Cobra... any idea what you like to have for that?

JayTee (JT)

JayTee
07-29-2009, 07:57 PM
I need a stock 17x9 chrome rim if you have one.

JayTee

puzzle13
07-30-2009, 07:40 PM
Not a stock one, but 4 17X10.5's with Nitto Extreme 555 street tires (315/35/17) on them. Brand new ... only 300 or less miles on them.

I need a stock 17x9 chrome rim if you have one.

JayTee

Rod eady
08-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Puzzle,

How much do you want for two of the 17 x 10.5's?

puzzle13
08-04-2009, 09:25 PM
$650.00 for a pair ... shipping, transportation, whatever is extra. I should be at Road Atlanta in late November.

snakbitn
08-05-2009, 10:35 PM

Hell,he couldn't handle a little white 98 cobra with 290 hp Venon what make's you think he could handle that beast you've got.:rotf:

Let the trash talk start now.Getting ready for the VIR showdown.:thumbsup:

puzzle13
08-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Damn ... we let you go by cause we feel sorry for you ... always running out of gas and such, and then you say things like that! Well ... in case you didn't know it the Shelby is going overseas and Vernon may go over to the dark side! It is all still up in the air, but by October Vernon may be playing for another team. As for my HEAVY PIG ... well, she likes VIR better and we just might try and keep up with you for a while!

Hell,he couldn't handle a little white 98 cobra with 290 hp Venon what make's you think he could handle that beast you've got.:rotf:

Let the trash talk start now.Getting ready for the VIR showdown.:thumbsup:

snakbitn
08-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Well I say if Vernon goes to the darkside,you keep him busy and I'll steal the gas out of his car so heal run out half way around so they will have to tow him back.Oh wait a minute he alreadly did that at NJ.:rotf:
And for the record I always made it back to the pit's.:)

torqueo
08-08-2009, 09:15 PM
do you still have the convertible top?

puzzle13
08-10-2009, 11:11 PM
Well, the Shelby is set to go overseas ... but will Vernon replace it with for the track? That is the question!! Maybe we will have to loosen a few parts and get him black flagged also!:D

Well I say if Vernon goes to the darkside,you keep him busy and I'll steal the gas out of his car so heal run out half way around so they will have to tow him back.Oh wait a minute he alreadly did that at NJ.:rotf:
And for the record I always made it back to the pit's.:)