PDA

View Full Version : Breaking down a Terminator for parts

shelby427uk
06-04-2009, 10:47 PM
I have a question regarding parts for the Terminators. I'm building a AC Cobra replica and plan on using Terminator running gear ( Motor, gearbox, wiring, rear diff, shafts, fuel tank, abs etc. The problem I'm having is the market for a wrecked car is ridiculous, I've been seeing trashed cars go for well over $10K. My thinking is to buy a nice one, take off what i need, and then sell the rest as spares, including a mint shell with a good title. I'm leaning towards a Convertible as i would also be able to sell the roof ( The prices seem to be the same between the two on the used car market )

Opinions?? I'm sure to upset some by breaking down a perfectly good car, but besides all that, is there much on these cars that i could sell other than what i need that would offset the cost of buying the complete car? I know the interior and bumpers, hood and trunk lid are sought after, or i could maybee sell it as a complete roller ( Almost )

What are the parts all worth? I'm looking to get everything i need for around $8K, so what i don't use would need to offset the extra cost of the car. Not only that, i wouldn't have to worry about transporting the wrecked car and HOPE everything is ok, i could drive the donor around this year to make sure everything was fine before starting the build in the winter, Plus i get to enjoy the car as well :)

Thought this might be the best place for this question. Tell me what you think.

cobrabitn
06-06-2009, 09:46 PM
www.palmettoponysales.com

puzzle13
06-07-2009, 08:45 AM
I can supply you with a engine, tranny, radiator, heat exchanger, & fuel tank with pumps etc. My car only has 19,000 miles. See my post under 4 sale!

I have a question regarding parts for the Terminators. I'm building a AC Cobra replica and plan on using Terminator running gear ( Motor, gearbox, wiring, rear diff, shafts, fuel tank, abs etc. The problem I'm having is the market for a wrecked car is ridiculous, I've been seeing trashed cars go for well over $10K. My thinking is to buy a nice one, take off what i need, and then sell the rest as spares, including a mint shell with a good title. I'm leaning towards a Convertible as i would also be able to sell the roof ( The prices seem to be the same between the two on the used car market )

Opinions?? I'm sure to upset some by breaking down a perfectly good car, but besides all that, is there much on these cars that i could sell other than what i need that would offset the cost of buying the complete car? I know the interior and bumpers, hood and trunk lid are sought after, or i could maybee sell it as a complete roller ( Almost )

What are the parts all worth? I'm looking to get everything i need for around $8K, so what i don't use would need to offset the extra cost of the car. Not only that, i wouldn't have to worry about transporting the wrecked car and HOPE everything is ok, i could drive the donor around this year to make sure everything was fine before starting the build in the winter, Plus i get to enjoy the car as well :)

Thought this might be the best place for this question. Tell me what you think.

ausie
01-25-2010, 05:48 PM
It all depends on what level Cobra you are building. I have seen some rear ends for the factoryfive and other kits and they use something quite different for the rear assembly. I have seen the ford 9 inch irs assembly, looks very strong and not self destructive.

http://kitcar.automotive.com/26746/rcc-specialty-products-ford-9inch-irs-cobra-replica/index.html