PDA

View Full Version : TWS event June 27-28th

Admiral
06-08-2009, 07:21 AM
TWS Motorsports Club will be having their next Track Event the weekend of June 27-28 for anyone interested in HPDE/OT. Here's the link to their website:

www.texasworldspeedway.com

Hope to see some of you track junkies out there!

Larry95
06-08-2009, 05:03 PM
My motor will not be back together by then. Most of the SouthCentral SCMC track group are going to Hallett for the MidAmerica meet that weekend.

97CasperCobra
06-08-2009, 05:50 PM
My motor will not be back together by then. Most of the SouthCentral SCMC track group are going to Hallett for the MidAmerica meet that weekend.
Most the SCMC track group does not do track events for a number of reasons.... :(

Hopefully after my roommate moves in at the end of the month I can join you guys once again.... :thumbsup:

JoeJ
06-08-2009, 11:03 PM
Mike,

Forget about TWS that weekend and come up to Hallett and run with us at the Ford Shelby Mid America event. There will be open track Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and a big car show on Sunday. We will have a late model demo race on Friday afternoon. It is always a lot of fun. :) :thumbsup:

I do want to made one of TWS Motorsports Club events soon. What do they charge for the event?

Admiral
06-09-2009, 05:43 AM
Hi Joe, I wish I had time to do the Hallett event but with work and school I'm pretty covered up these days. I think TWS MSC charges 295 for the entire weekend and 195 for one-day. I usually just instruct on Saturday, that way I can be home for family things on Sunday!

You guys have fun and stay safe in those Osage hills - I can hear the chicken song in my head lol. :D

BTW Joe, I sold my 2006 Mustang GT so I won't be needing that shifter you've been trying to give me for the past two years - sorry!

Larry95
06-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Most the SCMC track group does not do track events for a number of reasons.... :(

Hopefully after my roommate moves in at the end of the month I can join you guys once again.... :thumbsup:Perhaps my wording could have been a little better in my post. I was not meaning for it to sound like that all we do in the SouthCentral SCMC is open track. But there has been a core group of us (Joe J., Jim B., Gary F., and myself) that have been doing a lot of open track events together this year. That's the group (except me) that I was saying is going to Hallett. I think everyone is aware that we do more things as a club than just open track.

It really seems like only yesterday that I went out to MSR Houston to watch Carl, David, Henry and Stan run with the Porsche club. That was the day that I caught the fever.

97CasperCobra
06-09-2009, 10:08 AM
It really seems like only yesterday that I went out to MSR Houston to watch Carl, David, Henry and Stan run with the Porsche club. That was the day that I caught the fever.
I think they are the main "pushers" for the open track fever. :p

Mike, please post up more TWS Motorsports Club events in the future, I like that you are able to run ONE day instead of buying a whole weekend. Wish I could afford it this month....who knows :dunno:

ORANGE CRUSH
06-10-2009, 11:52 PM
Hey Jenny Its me Casper..:retard:

Exige
06-12-2009, 09:47 PM
I actually just got back from Hallett and have to say its a fun fun track. If you guys have not been before your going to love it. Just stay safe as its not like the Texas tracks with tons of run-off.

I was only up there for one day and wish I had more time to learn the track, it is very technical with a lot of big ball turns.

Admiral
06-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Get your Hallett drool out of my TWS thread! Jeesh :rolleyes:

Kidding of course, I agree that Hallett is a blast and has some major trees in some of the braking zones (can you say Bus Stop? I knew you could lol).