PDA

View Full Version : Jimmysidecarr update

Twice Bitten
07-22-2009, 11:56 AM
I had a conversation late yesterday evening with Gail Morrissey.

As many of you know, Jimmy has been going through treatments. Gail his loving wife urged his doctor and Jimmy to seek a second opinion about what he is going through. Gail felt that the treaments were not showing any signs of improvement and that his quality of life was subpar at this stage of treatment. :(

They met with a new team and they immediately started new and more testing on Jimmy. A full work over if you will. The tests revealed some things so he is being monitored more closely. He will now be going to the medical center for treament and monitoring. There is more, but I will let Jimmy or Gail add to this thread if they see fit.

Please keep Jimmy and family in your prayers.
And while saying your prayers, give thanks for living near the Medical Center! What a top notch facility! :thumbsup: We are very blessed to have the Med Center here in Houston! :thumbsup:
Right Stan? :p

John Chingasos
07-22-2009, 12:25 PM
You are in our prayers Jimmy.

Let us know what we can do

ORANGE CRUSH
07-22-2009, 12:27 PM
Hang in there Jimmy you have lots of track time still to do. Good luck and God Bless.:thumbsup:

93KingCobra
07-22-2009, 12:28 PM
Jimmy and the family have been in our prayers ever since we heard the news last time and we will always be there for him..

Hope you will be doing better Jimmy we miss you buddy...

backnblack
07-22-2009, 12:32 PM
Jimmy, you're in our prayers! Stay strong :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
07-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Thanks for posting this Larry

Will keep Jimmy & the family in my thoughts and prayers, and for a speedy/healthy recovery.

If there is anything you guys need let us know. :thumbsup:

SuperG
07-22-2009, 06:47 PM
Jimmy and Gail...do whatever you need...we have you in our thoughts and prayers!

Levi
07-22-2009, 08:29 PM
I prey every day for my family and friends to be safe, happy and healthy. Yes we are very blessed to have the #1 in the nation Medical Center here in Houston! Jimmy & family you are in our thoughts and prayers!!!!

Blownsvtlightning
07-22-2009, 08:30 PM
good luck with the treatments.. And yes we are very fortunate to have the med center here in Houston, for many reasons!!.

cobrabitn
07-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Here's to wishing Jimmy a speedy recovery back to normal! :thumbsup:

Firme
07-23-2009, 04:07 AM
Jimmy and Gail, you will continue to be in our prayers. Please keep us informed and let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Larry95
07-23-2009, 08:30 AM
Jimmy and Gail, Eloisa and I will be praying for you. Get well soon.

Twice Bitten
07-23-2009, 04:50 PM
From Gail last night!

They were not able to move Jimmy to St. Luke's today - they had no beds available in the unit which the transplant team wants him. We asked them to release him tonight (at around 9:00) and we will bring him to St Luke's ourselves tomorrow (when a bed is available) but the doctor would not sign off on that - which means he could have still left - BUT the insurance company would not pay a claim under those circumstances, so they got him trapped, sort of - which is just so incredibly frustrating.

He had the paracentesis done at 4:00 but the lab results will not be ready until the am. Hopefully, they will tell us more - like if there is an infection causing the high white cell count - and specifically, what type, so they can use a more specific anti-biotic or whatever is needed. The broad spectrum anti-biotic he is getting now seems to have brought down the white count some - which is a good thing. We will take our Blessings in baby steps.

He was tired when I left him just a while ago, and frustrated not really knowing what these doctors are thinking and what they are looking for and .. what's next ... But, he was eating some chicken noodle soup and crackers and going to try to get some sleep.

And that is what I am going to do now, too, because I WILL be there at 6:30am, 'way before rounds start with a battery of questions. I will let you know more when I know more ..

Levi
07-23-2009, 11:33 PM
Jimmy is far from being a normal man and that is why we love him so much. Jimmy is a very special person and anyone whom has had even just a conversation with him will walk away with a feeling that he has touched them in a very special way.

God we are selfish people and want to have Jimmy in our lives for as long as we can. I pray that it is in your will to make sure Jimmy is comfortable and without pain, and please provide him with a speedy recovery. Please be with his family and give them the strength to endure. Amen.

Andy M
07-24-2009, 11:27 PM
Jimmy/Gail,

You guys are in our thoughts and prayers and here's to a successful outcome and a speedy recovery! Dude, you need to get better soon so we can go out and play at the track! :thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
07-26-2009, 09:06 AM
Stay strong track dog !! You're in our prayers !!

Carl G
07-26-2009, 06:50 PM
Jimmy, Deb and I will keep you and your family in our prayers.

jimmysidecarr
07-27-2009, 11:01 AM
It's Monday AM, I am at work, so far it is very slow.
I am hoping to work a week or two more, to keep the money coming in just a little bit longer. It is very expensive, even just paying co-pays.

The viability of that plan remains to be seen. Most of the negative complications I have encountered most recently are from the advanced damage on my liver. Fluid retention, very low resistance to infection, fatigue, and more.

The status of my liver seems to be in a volital, fragile and unpredictable state.

I would like to express my DEEP gtatitude to my Cobra club friends and the support y'all have shown.

Hopefull I come through this transplant without rejection or complication.

If I don't make it, it would be great if some of y'all would help Gail with the sale of The Mystichrome, and various tools, and perhaps some moral support.

We have been together since 1975. This is very scary for her, but she is doing an incredible job handling my appointments and "affairs".

Thanks every one! :thumbsup:

PS: I'm not nearly done fighting! :touche:

SuperG
07-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Jimmy, glad to hear from you! It's difficult to understand what someone is going through under these kind of circumstances. I hope Gail stays tough and is able to help you through this as well!

Hopefully, the transplant comes quickly and successfully. You can tell everyone you take drugs all the time! That will match your scary picture.

97CasperCobra
07-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Jimmy, don't EVEN start talking all negative like that, you WILL make it. You are a great person and you have touched the lives of many around you and you will CONTINUE to do so. God has put you down here for a reason and He should KEEP you down here so that you may spread your joy and warm heart to those who may come in contact with you.

Please let us know when the transplant is so that we may come support you and your family. We are here for you, for them, and for everyone in their times of need. You and your family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Please do keep in touch and let us know what we can do, where we can go...anything that is needed of us Jimmy. We are here.

kencobra
07-28-2009, 12:36 AM
Jimmy and Gail our thoughts and prayers are with you. When it is time for your surgery please let us know. Texas Childrens operating room is only one floor away from St Lukes so if you need anything that day or during your stay I will be very close and will help in any way I can. I hope the transplant comes soon so you can get back on the road to recovery.

God Bless

Ken

Andy M
08-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Folks,

I just spoke with Jimmy. I unfortuntely woke him up as he was resting at home. He indicates he has moved up the list for a transplant and expects it may happen as soon as next week.

Let's all keep him and Gail in our thoughts and prayers and I will let you all know if I have another update.

97CasperCobra
08-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Folks,

I just spoke with Jimmy. I unfortuntely woke him up as he was resting at home. He indicates he has moved up the list for a transplant and expects it may happen as soon as next week.

Let's all keep him and Gail in our thoughts and prayers and I will let you all know if I have another update.
Great to hear he is moving up on the list. Please keep us updated on the surgery. We're thinking about ya Jimmy & Gail!!!!

brkntrxn
08-06-2009, 11:08 PM
Hang in there, Jimmy. You are in our prayers!

If you need anything from any of us, just say it.

cobrabitn
08-07-2009, 01:06 AM
Hang in there my Mystichrome Brother. We'll do what ever we can to help you both... :)