PDA

View Full Version : another enthusiast taken too soon... :(

Andy M
08-24-2009, 01:34 PM
Folks,

Some of you may have seen the news from this weekend and heard about the prominent Doctor who was murdered at his ranch (see link below)

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/08/24/texas.doctor.killed/

For those of you/us who have ever done track events at TWS with the Ed Paez track days, you may remember Dr Gonzalez. He was an avid track enthusiast and all around great guy. I met Mario when I first bought my Cobra R and did my very first track day at TWS with Ed Paez. Mario was a great human being and took the time to help me (I was very much a track virgin then) with everything from proper air pressures to suspension tips. He owned several track cars and took me for several rides where I was able to witness a truely great driver in action.

We attended (along with Ed Paez and the Momentum BMW group) the Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona back in 2002 together. We had access to the pits and spent a few days really getting to know one another. He will surely be missed by his family and friends. And, although he and I had not talked in a while, I am deeply saddened by the brutality of his passing. Here is a pic from Daytona....

Please join me in wishing his family my/our deepest condolences during this most difficult time.

R.I.P. Doc!

Firme
08-24-2009, 02:49 PM
Wow Andy that is terribly sad news. :(

Our thoughts and prayers go to his family during this tragic time.

SuperG
08-24-2009, 04:37 PM
I heard that this morning...that is terrible news...

97CasperCobra
08-24-2009, 06:14 PM
:( so very sorry to hear this....I will keep him and his family in my thoughts & prayers.