PDA

View Full Version : code issue with tha snake!

01PETSNAKE
08-26-2009, 05:26 PM
I keep getting an O2 sensor code. I put a Bassani exhaust and JLT cold air intake on the car. I've had to change out bank 1 and 2 sensors. My ? is will a SCT TUNE correct the problem or perhaps a dyno tune? These are the only two bolt ons I have done. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS T-LEE!

97CasperCobra
08-26-2009, 05:32 PM
I would think that whoever you get your tune from you can specify that you want the tune to get rid of the Check Engine Light from the O2 sensor.

I know that when I put my IMRC delete plates in I will have to get a tune to get rid of the CEL for that.

01PETSNAKE
08-26-2009, 07:10 PM
I Put The Sensors In And Slaters Took The Code Off But About 800 Miles Later The Code Popped Back Up. So I'm Wondering Do I Need A Dyno Tune Or Will A Sct Tuner Be A Solution I'm Looking For For About Half The Price Of A Dyno Tune. If Not Anybody Know A Good Reliable Tuner. I,m All Ears. Thanks Again!

jimmysidecarr
08-26-2009, 08:30 PM
There is a possibility of a bad cat, those cat sensor codes sometimes are signaling, a plugged or broken up empty cat.

I use an SCT Xcal2 and an email tune I bought from RWD (running with the Devil) I can make adjustments to the tune myself or pull codes, or use it as a pass through device for data logging extended period of time on my lap top, or it will data log by itself for short periods of time.

I have not had any mil lights since my mods and tune. They normally disable the cat monitor sensors right in the tune.

Good luck with it.