PDA

View Full Version : SCMC on track at Texas World Speedway - November 6th, 2009

Firme
09-04-2009, 08:05 PM
SCMC - South Central Region OnTrack @ TWS in College Station, TX, Friday Nov 6, 2009!

Please join The SCMC as we have our 7th annual South Central Region On Track event at Texas World Speedway.

The on track event will be limited to 75 paid participants. Online registration is now open. Do not miss your chance to be a part of the event. This event is open to all makes and models.

TWS is located on approximately 375 acres with direct access to Highway 6 south of College Station, Texas. It is a 2.9 mile high speed road course including a front straight with a 8 degree banking in the front of the grandstands.

Run Groups: The SCMC reserves the right to construct the run groups accordingly. Drivers will be placed in run groups with other drivers of comparable skill level.

Safety: To build upon our safety emphasis each year, our first concern is the safety of the drivers. We ask that everyone follow the proper guidelines for safety equipment. Your car will need to be inspected prior to the event, and there will be tech inspection before your car is allowed on the track. Ultimately, you are responsible for ensuring your car is inspected and safe to be put on track. More details to come in the driver packet provided after registration.

Helmet: A SA00 or better helmet is required. (MA is acceptable)

Convertibles: The TWS open track event on Nov 6, 2009 will require convertibles to have proper roll protection. This does not include aftermarket light bars. You must have either a welded or safely bolted in roll bar sufficient enough to protect you and your passenger (factory installed functional rollover protection will also work).

Registration Fee: $175.00

Late Registration: There will be a $25.00 late registration fee added on November 1, 2009 on top of the event price.

Hotel Information: coming soon..

Event Organizers:

Edmond V. - 2001 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra Coupe
Jim B. - 1999 Rio Red SVT Cobra Coupe

Instructors:

Joe Johnson - 2000 Performance Red SVT Cobra Coupe

Paid On-Track Participants (Limited to 75)

William S - 1965 Blue AC Cobra Convertible
Mike R - 2001 Red Z06 Corvette Coupe
Harry T - 2004 Redfire SVTCobra Coupe
James P - 1965 Blue Daytona Coupe
Arthur T - 2004 Silver SVT Cobra Coupe
Sid E - 2000 Silver Corvette Coupe
Larry E - 1995 White SVT Cobra Coupe
Jonathon R - 2009 Gray Pontiac G8 GT
Nicholas R - 2009 Black Cadillac CTS-V :D
George B - 1993 Vibrant Red SVT Cobra Hatchback
Rusty H - 2008 Yellow Corvette Z06 Coupe
Todd A - 2004 Competition Orange SVT Cobra Coupe
Brent A - 1996 Yellow Corvette Coupe
Mike A - 1997 White Corvette Coupe
Suzanne A - 2007 Blue Corvette Z06 Coupe
Mike A - 2007 Black/White Corvette Coupe
David G - 2007 Black Corvette Coupe
Mike K - 2003 Silver Corvette Coupe
Bill S - 2002 Yellow Corvette Coupe
Ken M - 2009 Gray Corvette Z06 Coupe
Randy P - 1994 Green Corvette Coupe
Gary F - 2000 Performance Red SVT Cobra R Coupe
Anthony R - 2008 Green Bullitt Mustang Coupe
Chuck H - 2006 Silver Corvette Coupe

OnTrack Registration: Click <Here (https://secure.scmcstore.com/store/product.php?productid=99&cat=2&page=1)> to register online!

cobrabitn
09-06-2009, 04:29 PM
We're asking everyone that comes to our on track events to sign up on Motorsport Reg and include the club's name in their profile.

Go to www.motorsportreg.com and register as a user and select the SVT Cobra Mustang Club as a club that you want correspondence from.

Thanks,

Tony

xtc4u
09-15-2009, 12:27 PM
Heck ya! Gonna be my 5th year to make this event! Always looking forward to this track day.

I will also post this event on the Houston Performance Driving.com forum. Think we had about 10 or 11 drivers last year at MSR.

Woo Wooo!

Dellcobra
09-15-2009, 02:27 PM
How can this be your fith year to attend an event that has not happened for several years?

Heck ya! Gonna be my 5th year to make this event! Always looking forward to this track day.

I will also post this event on the Houston Performance Driving.com forum. Think we had about 10 or 11 drivers last year at MSR.

Woo Wooo!

xtc4u
09-15-2009, 05:05 PM
How can this be your fith year to attend an event that has not happened for several years?
What are you talking about? Is this not the SCMC annual HPDE. The last 3 or 4 have been at MSR-Houston and my first was at TWS. Unless all these pics in my office are from a different SCMC Cobra/Mustang HPDE event?!?!?!?! Maybe all these T-Shirts I have saying SCMC Track Day? Now they are going back to TWS?

Like this:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/xtc4us/SCMC%20Track%20Week%202007/DSC_1155.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/xtc4us/SCMC%20Track%20Week%202007/DSC_1672.jpg

Yes, that's me kicking V8 butt in a little M3. Pics from 2007 @ MSR-Houston.

Here was the logo from 2007: http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/xtc4us/SCMC%20Track%20Week%202007/GT500CobraNationalsMSR-Houston-2007.jpg

My 2008 pics are on a different PC. We are talking about the same event yes?!

SuperG
09-15-2009, 05:37 PM
Yeah, Cobra club has been doing this kind of thing for years!! In fact, it was 5 years ago at TWS that convinced me to buy one!

And I have regretted it ever since...

Nah, just kidding! No MSR-H this year due to lack of participation but we're still out there doing some kind of track event and this is it!!

cobrabitn
09-15-2009, 10:10 PM
We did start out at TWS and then went to MSR when they opened up. We are going back to TWS since quite a number of people said they liked it better than MSR. This is not to take anything away from MSR, I think it is a good track and I really enjoyed running there. :thumbsup:

xtc4u
09-17-2009, 12:09 PM
We're asking everyone that comes to our on track events to sign up on Motorsport Reg and include the club's name in their profile.

Go to www.motorsportreg.com (http://www.motorsportreg.com/) and register as a user and select the SVT Cobra Mustang Club as a club that you want correspondence from.

Thanks,

Tony
Tony,

We have about 3-5 guys already wanting to sign up for this event from Houston Performance Driving.com. Is this the link to register for the track event? Did not see where to pay my $$$? Thanks for the help. This way I can funnel more drivers from HPD in the right direction.

Thank you.

Troy.

Larry95
09-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Tony, I don't think the registration for our event is opened up on Motorsportreg.com. When I log in it shows other events with the green "register" icon, but it just shows the "more info" icon for our event.

Larry

cobrabitn
09-17-2009, 08:29 PM
Troy...you da man!!! :thumbsup:

What I wanted was for people just to sign up on Motorsport Reg so we can send out e-mail blasts and build a database. We already have a DB but this allows people who have not only run with us at events but may want to run with us at future events. By signing up, you will receive information about upcoming track events, not just SCMC events, but other club events we are interested in sharing with you.

Please tell you friends they can register for the TWS event in our store as that is already up to take credit cards on line for a couple of weeks now. (see post one)

I'm sorry I made it confusing in my post, I just wanted people joining our database not signing up for the event on Motorsport Reg.

Thanks,

T

scorpio
09-17-2009, 09:24 PM
So this is a one day event?

cobrabitn
09-17-2009, 10:05 PM
Yes, one day on a Friday, where you can still have your weekend for your honey do list... :)

cobrabitn
09-20-2009, 01:27 AM
Hard copy registration form in the first post.

SuperG
10-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Is this actually an Open Track Day at TWS? If so, that's Blue Groups and higher and all the track time you can physically muster...Is it is it is it?

97CasperCobra
10-15-2009, 12:25 AM
not sure if I can make it....a lot has changed in the past few weeks at work. :(

cobrabitn
10-16-2009, 12:38 AM
List Updated! :thumbsup:

ORANGE CRUSH
10-21-2009, 04:14 PM
Ok guys I am all signed up! :thumbsup:

Andy M
10-28-2009, 11:59 PM
Man I sure wish I could be at two places at once! :( I will be in Vegas attending our national sales conference 2010 kickoff meeting and will unfortunately not be able to make this one. You guys be sure to stay safe and keep the shiny side up at all times. And oh yeah, we will expect to see pics and video posted - and certainly lots of smack talk to boot! :rolleyes:

cobrabitn
11-05-2009, 12:17 AM
Note from track manager:

If you get a chance it would be nice if you could notify your participants that our concession stand will be open serving breakfast Friday AM and lunch at noon.

TY :D

97CasperCobra
11-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Have a great time out there guys...be safe and keep the cars on the track :thumbsup:

I wish I could join you all...but work and car troubles have kept me out of yet another fun day on the track with you all. I'll be thinking of you guys with the roaring engines and this awesome weather!!!

SuperG
11-05-2009, 08:45 PM
I won't make this event, but I am definitely going to the TWS event Nov 21-22...you guys have fun and be safe!!!

And for the love of Pete...if you haven't bothered getting a mount for your camera...do so NOW!! I want to see video!!!