PDA

View Full Version : track fun at Hallett this past weekend

Andy M
09-14-2009, 10:46 PM
Folks,

As some of you know, a few of us made the trip to OK this past weekend to run the Track Guys event at Hallett. As I had not been to Hallett in over 6 years, I was aching to get some track time at my favorite track with the Terminator. In attendance from Houston were myself with the 03, Joe Johnson with his R, and Gary F. with his R. We also shared the garage with Larry Brewer.

It is always great spending quality time with good friends at the track. This is one of my favorite things in life. This event however held special meaning as it was a memorial event held to honor our fallen track friend - Mark Bettin who passed on August 3rd from injuries he suffered in a bicycle accident. John George towed Mark's number 89 Fox Mustang race car along with Lisa Bettin and we payed special tribute to Mark's life and his passion - which was running track with his #89 Mustang. We held a raffle on Saturday evening and all proceeds went to Lisa. It was pretty emotional for all of us who knew Mark. During the parade laps at lunch on Saturday, John George drove Mark's car and led as the pace car with Mark's wife Lisa inside the passenger seat. There wasn't a dry eye in the place.

And now on to some highlights.... This was my second track event with the 03 and the car did not disappoint. It ran flawlessly as usual. Thanks David for building such a wonderul car! Other than an offtrack while riding with one of my students (not his fault as another car had just dumped coolant on the track and we slid off when we hit it), no bad incidents during the weekend. My students car was ok other than a ton of mud and grass on the tires and bottom.

Here are a few pics... I will post more when I have time. It was great spending time with friends. It just doesn't get much better than good times with good friends at the track! :thumbsup:

Larry95
09-15-2009, 08:09 AM
Great post Andy. I wish I could have made it to this event but just couldn't get the car fixed in time.

I only met Mark one time but he made a lasting impression on me. He was quite a person.

Do you know if there is there anyway for me and others to get our hands on one of those window stickers? I'd love to put one of those on my track car in memory of Mark.

Andy M
09-15-2009, 08:42 AM
Larry,

John George made those up. I will check with him to see if he has some more. I am sure he can make more of them.

We missed you at the track!

93KingCobra
09-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Looks like you guys had a blast up there...Can't wait for the other pics..

Mark will be missed by many.