PDA

View Full Version : Repaint? Opinions?

cbrown9064
09-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Hey!

Have been thinking about having the hood, front bumper and front fenders resprayed/recleared. My car was owned by my Uncle and was his daily driver for 9 years. It has a lot of pits on the front from California driving.

Any thoughts on whether this will increase or decrease the value long term? I know my '96 is not exactly a Bugatti, but a respray would ruin any collector value later on I might reconsider.

Since it was a California car, everything is so darn clean on it. There is still writing on the gas tank cover and other parts underneath. Has never been driven in snow.

Thoughts?

CB

nckissfan
09-27-2009, 04:21 PM
get it painted by someone that knows what they are doing. It will most likely help the cars value. Stay with the same color, too.

SuperG
09-28-2009, 08:44 AM
Agreed...get the paint work done.

dpj99cobra
09-28-2009, 06:55 PM
I recently found a 99 convertible and while not driven quite as much as yours, it did have a front bumper that looked like it tailgated a gravel truck for 20 miles!

I had the front bumper cover resprayed and it was well worth it. If it was a less than 10K all original car then I may think differently but yeah, I'd have it painted. My paint guy did an awesome job matching it but it helped that the other paint was in good shape.

Enjoy your new ride!

dj

cbrown9064
09-28-2009, 11:03 PM
Thanks guys, I am planning to have it resprayed in the spring!

Chris