PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions?

crzy8910
09-28-2009, 02:10 AM
Just got my 95 Cobra and seeing as it is bone stock, I was wondering what kind of mods I should do right now. I wanted to start with some simple bolt ons at first, so what parts/brands should I look at? Not looking to go too expensive either (even though everything with cars always is). I was thinking cold air intake, throttle body, adjustable fuel regulator, and a good tune at first based on some advice Ive already gotten. Any ideas of what kind of hp gains I would be looking at with just these? My goal is at least 300whp to start off, and am hoping this will be acheivable with just a few bolt-ons.

Also, I definitely want to improve the stance a little with some lowering springs. Was wondering if I could go with just the springs or would i need to get anything to go with that (caster/camber plates, shocks, etc.)?

Thanks for any suggestions!

cobrabitn
09-28-2009, 07:59 PM
Welcome to the 5.0 crowd. :thumbsup:

In short:

CAI - Yes
Fuel regualtor - no gain
Tune - no gain unless you have more mods
Catback but should have OR pipe- yes but minimal
Underdrive pulleys - yes
Throttle body - no gain
Headers - yes

Your stock 5.0 will put down around 220 rwhp.

With the above mods recommended and a tune, you can go as high as 250 rwhp. If you want 300 rwhp then you're going to have to have the heads changed. Ihave AFR 185's on mine and it puts down 302 rwhp.

Good luck modding...

Larry95
09-29-2009, 07:21 AM
Welcome. :) Ditto on the head change and AFR 185's is a good choice for stock internals. What is the final plans for this car? Street, drag, open track? As for lowering. Save up and go coil overs and CC plates and never look back.

crzy8910
09-29-2009, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the info. Why doesnt a bigger throttle body have any effect on performance? And I was just told that the fuel pressure regulator would be a good idea if I did get a bigger throttle body.

And this is just my new dd, so I didnt want to go too extreme with the suspension, thats why I was just thinking springs.

cobrabitn
10-03-2009, 09:11 PM
Not enough breathability in the heads to make a difference. Your 95 has a "bast*rd" computer and limits the effectiveness of mods on the car.