PDA

View Full Version : Should I....

Cross
10-04-2009, 11:08 PM
I currently own a 2001 Mustang Cobra. It has 36,000 kilometers (22,400 miles) and is zinc yellow. My car is also stock like the day it was built. Now, about a week ago, someone was interested in buying my car. At first, I hesitated because I like my car (minus the yellow, ugh). But today, I found a guy in my area selling a 2004 silver Mustang Cobra, supercharged with over 500hp and six speed transmission. On top of that, the guy has put money into the car like crazy including having it dynoed at Steeda. He's asking 25,000CND for the car. I can probably only get 17-18000CND for my car. So...should I?

PS - I ask only because I don't have the "horses" to take this kind of plunge without moral support. Thanks:baby:

SuperG
10-05-2009, 08:06 AM
As an owner of both and SN-95 and a Terminator, I can tell you that the 03-04 Cobra is way more fun to drive. I only sold mine recently because I didn't have room for 2 Cobras and the '97 was paid for...plus it has stolen a lot of blood and sweat from me...

Anyhoo...I miss driving the Terminator...and the one you are looking at has higher Hp than stock, so it will be even more fun, especially if the cost difference is not that much.

So I say you take the plunge!

silververt
10-05-2009, 10:24 AM
Out with the Yellow and bring on the Silver. But I am partial to silver Terminators. :D

Cross
10-05-2009, 11:43 PM
Yes, this has been my feeling too. The car is just awesome. The guy is getting rid of it because he just doesn't have the time to drive it. Good for me I guess. I still have to get rid of mine. What do you think I could get for mine? 18000CND? I'm guessing mine would have to pull at least that in for me to want to take that kind of plunge...oooh no money...lol Anyways, I will think about it. As nice as it is, the plunge might be a bit steep. I don't know yet. I will keep you guys in the loop..maybe post some pics sooner than later.
:flush: (misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=4#)

cobrabitn
10-06-2009, 12:12 AM
I think you will be lucky to get 18K in today's market but good luck! :thumbsup:

Eric-Red94
10-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Great time to buy or maybe trade with some cash. You need your head examined (or you are completely broke) if you're trying to sell anything now.