PDA

View Full Version : Problem with friend's '97 Cobra...

97CasperCobra
10-14-2009, 11:56 PM
this is for a friend's Cobra here in Houston:

Video:
YouTube - IMG 0514 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_1Bhp1zJNE)

Not the battery, tried jumping it and nothing.
Cams are turning while the key is turned and there is spark when a wire is pulled from the coil pack. The fuel pump is turning on when the ignition is in the "ON" position.
Car is not throwing any codes

Twice Bitten
10-15-2009, 03:43 AM
It sounds as if the starter is not engaging the flywheel. :dunno: The tachometer never moved.

PETSNKE
10-15-2009, 08:34 AM
IMO.
If you got spark, then you need to make sure you have fuel. Just because the fuel pump is turning on doesn't mean it's pumping, or the filter clogged or the fuel pressure regulator is locked up.

Check for fuel pressure at the injector fuel rail Schrader valve.

Tobra
10-15-2009, 01:26 PM
Thanks Mike for posting this, and thanks everyone else for helping. I did check the the valve with the car ignition on. The fuel blead out very little. It didn't shot out like i thought it would. Later I heard you are susposed to crank it and check it at the same time, is that the proper way of checking the pressure?

Tobra
10-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Well I just got it back from the shop and they said it was flooded with fuel. Aparently an injector had a small leak and flooded one valve. Quick fix. But now i need to replace the regulator and injectors so it doesn't happen again.