PDA

View Full Version : advance ideas for Tuesday night meet.

jimmysidecarr
11-01-2009, 03:48 PM
I would like to come out this Tuesday and see y'all.

I thought we could get a better turn out and get a good workable location nailed down for everyone, If I posted something fairly early,

I'm thinking Fudd's across the street from our Starbucks, and have as many people as possible drive their Cobras instead of streeters as possible.(or other noteable Hi Po FORDS ;) ) By parking in the spots closest to 1960 the visual effect on traffic should be quite dramatic!

Fudds has a large parking area, a good size room with large tables, and we know the food is reasonable and very YUMMY! We can also keep an eye on our cars right from the dinning room in case we draw crowds in.

Then later we can move to the lot behind Starbucks (or not).

Please post what you think.
No sweat if your car is dirty... It ain't a Rembrandt!

What do you think?

It Looks like we are a go for Fuddruckers!

Dinner shortly after PM.

We will be eating at Fuddruckers @ 7511 FM 1960 West, Houston, TX 77070
Phone: (281) 469-6476 for the map and directions click here- Fuddruckers,7511 FM 1960 West, Houston, TX 77070 - Google Maps (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Fuddruckers,7511+FM+1960+West,+Houston,+TX+77070)

For those who would like, there might be some at Coffee @8:30-8:45ish at Starbucks on 249 & 1960 across from Willowbrook mall, next to Chipotle. Click HERE (http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?Pyt=Typ&tuid=7972062&ck=4074980728&tab=B2C&tcat=8228500&city=Houston&state=TX&zip=77070&uzip=77070&country=us&msa=3360&cs=5&ed=.QzaNK1o2Tx5FXLC20InvOlDjb0b.4pCd_EB4z4IYVPX&stat=:pos:3:regular:regT:4:fbT:0) for the map

97CasperCobra
11-01-2009, 03:50 PM
We would love to see you Jimmy!! Sounds like a great idea!!!! :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
11-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Thanks Mike!

I also posted a link at a thread at SVTperformance.com
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/road-side-pub-17/647626-feels-so-good-alive-home.html

I hope that's OK. :dunno: Could be good exposure for the club.

97CasperCobra
11-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Not a problem at all Jimmy....but I probably won't be in the Cobra. Edmond gave me the "bad bearing" disease :(

jimmysidecarr
11-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Not a problem at all Jimmy....but I probably won't be in the Cobra. Edmond gave me the "bad bearing" disease :(

Not a problem! Maybe bring the SVT Focus? :p

Thanks for helping spread the word! :thumbsup:

Firme
11-01-2009, 04:40 PM
I think its a great idea!!! We all can't wait to hang out with Jimmy again!

gtdrivr
11-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Whatever is easiest on you. Why dont you just tell us what is doable on your end, and we will adapt. If this is the plan you think you can muster, say the word. We'll set it in stone!

jimmysidecarr
11-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Whatever is easiest on you. Why don't you just tell us what is doable on your end, and we will adapt. If this is the plan you think you can muster, say the word. We'll set it in stone!

The plan as is is very doable for me. Plus I think it could be positive for club moral and exposure.(I think we have let our enthusiasm slip a little lately)

I don't want to come on here and tell people this is the way it is. I would prefer to have the success of the event be judged by the turn out, smiles, memories, pics, etc.

It's pretty short notice to expect very much.

So if someone has an idea that would facilitate them coming and perhaps others, I am open to suggestions for sure.

ORANGE CRUSH
11-01-2009, 08:51 PM
I am in with the CRUSH......:thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
11-01-2009, 08:59 PM
I am in with the CRUSH......:thumbsup:

COOL! Should be fun! :thumbsup:

Levi
11-01-2009, 09:25 PM
We will be there with bells on and would not want to miss this for anything. This is truly Christmas come early.

Bartman01
11-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Forecast:

Tuesday: Sunny, with a high near 77. North wind around 5 mph.
Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 52. East wind around 5 mph.

So no reason NOT to drive the Cobras.

97CasperCobra
11-01-2009, 11:11 PM
So no reason NOT to drive the Cobras.
....I'll have my "lil SVT" out....don't want to grenade the Cobra with the bad bearing

Fudds on Tuesday night sounds like a plan....whatever you are up for Jimmy

93KingCobra
11-02-2009, 01:20 AM
Will see if we can make it...We would love to see everyone.. :thumbsup:

Carl G
11-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Im in, great idea Jimmy....Looking forward to seeing everyone especially you ! :thumbsup:

Bartman01
11-02-2009, 10:15 AM
....don't want to grenade the Cobra with the bad bearing

Let me rephrase my statement:
As long as you have not let your Cobra fall in to dis-repair or become the primary habitat for woodland creatures, the weather looks perfect for bringing them out.
:p

JBoden
11-02-2009, 09:30 PM
We wouldn't miss this for the world !!!!!! :bounce: :bounce:

backnblack
11-03-2009, 09:18 AM
Grace and I will be there. :thumbsup:

Mephisto
11-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Well if Jimmy goes, then my excuses seem pretty weak.
I'M IN!

97CasperCobra
11-03-2009, 02:19 PM
I think tonight we'll have more members show up than any car show, track event, Austin cruise or party!!! :eek:

SuperG
11-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Arrgghh!! I wish I could be there!!

Take Pics!!

Larry95
11-03-2009, 03:43 PM
I'm in! :)

97CasperCobra
11-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Take Pics!!
someone definitely needs to bring a camera. :thumbsup:

Firme
11-03-2009, 06:15 PM
someone definitely needs to bring a camera. :thumbsup:

Keith, bring your camera so I can mess with it some more!! :D

03 cobra toy
11-03-2009, 06:20 PM
:thumbsup: IN

Mephisto
11-03-2009, 06:38 PM
In + 2 kids

97CasperCobra
11-03-2009, 07:21 PM
***ATTENTION***
We have called ahead to Fudd's and there is a party of 80 who has the game room reserved. Please get there promptly at 7:00 (EDMOND), so that we don't have a problem getting tables on the inside of the restaurant. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Evilcartman
11-03-2009, 08:51 PM
I wish we could have made it guys. Angela, Kevin and I went to go look at a Sheltie Collie at a breeders house. Good to hear Jimmy is back out.

kencobra
11-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Nice seeing everyone tonight, had a good time. Jimmy your looking good, really happy to see you and Gail tonight,keep up the speedy recovery :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
11-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Had a GREAT time and it was SO good to see Jimmy up, walking around, and joining in on the story-telling. Good to see everyone who showed up and almost forgot how fun it is to have everyone out.

Hope it's not another 11 months before we see some of you again. :p

marksgtv
11-04-2009, 12:48 AM
Jimmy's brother Mark here. Wow, I am so impressed and overwhelmed with emotion on the amazing expression of love and support from you folks for my brother. I visited from New Jersey last week and spent 3 days with him and Gail last week before he was sent home and had a really special time. We have been worried to say the least but, things are looking really good. He is just a great guy. Gail is just worked her tail off making sure everything is in order. He is so lucky to have her.

I'm a car guy too and had a chance to drive his Cobra back and forth from the hospital two days. Holy crap, that is a fast car. It was so far beyond my expectations. I thought my 911 was pretty fast ... until I drove his Cobra. Oh well.
Here's a shot of me and my car and a shot of Me, Jimmy and my brother Michael.

I know your thoughtfulness means the world to Jimmy. You folks are awesome!
Respectfully,
Mark Morrissey

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt30/marksgtv/IMG_3991.jpghttp://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt30/marksgtv/IMG_5198.jpg

jimmysidecarr
11-04-2009, 01:08 AM
I am so humbled by the depth of love, caring and concern that was shown to me tonight from you guys.

The smiles, the hugs, the familiar buzz in the room from those familiar voices engaging in different topics.

I'm an ordinary man with some extra ordinary friends, y'all made me feel very special, loved and respected tonight.

I cried when we got home and opened the envelope... I'm am still very moved by the whole thing.

I had no idea, that I had that kind of "fan base", and from the quality and depth of character that you guys have shown time and again, it really touched my heart tonight and strengthened my resolve by a ton!

I am a VERY fortunate man to be able to call y'all my friends.

I am very encouraged by the the whole thing.

I have to thank God ultimately, because his hand and his angels were obviously close at hand, he knew what I could handle, and what I could not, He obviously "flashed tuned" my recuperative powers and pulled me though when death was so near, and hope was so far.

Death was so near,(I now find out) and and thwarted so many times, how can I not give credit and praise to my creator who chose to keep me in the fight for a few more rounds. :hail:

Thank you so much for this out pouring of care and concern, this renewal of close camaraderie, the encouragement to fight on, and the shared excitement of things to come for our club and enthusiast friends.

These things are beyond priceless.

Thank you SO MUCH!

gtdrivr
11-04-2009, 07:11 AM
Sorry, guys. I should have had this up hours ago. Another sleepless night, so there is no excuse.

Jimmy, you are loved by many. You have a family that cares. In that regard, you are very lucky...believe me.

I will keep praying for your full recovery, even though there is no doubt in my mind that you will be back to new in no time.

Thank you, Gail, for being a great person and taking care of the grouchy old man. It's OK if you lock him in the bathroom for a few hrs every once in a while. That is understandable! :rotf:

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss113/gtdrivr66/DSCN1793.jpg

Carl G
11-04-2009, 08:50 AM
It was so good to see everyone and to get to see Jimmy back on his feet was the highlite of the evening. Before you know it jimmy will be back out there sharing is infinite wisdon and helping us solve our car problem as he has done so many times. Jimmy we are the fortunate ones to have you in our lives and especially the club. Keep getting stronger and we will keep saying the prayers for your speedy recovery. It was fun to see the group in this picture and to have Jimmy and Gail back with the group. :thumbsup:

Firme
11-04-2009, 09:33 AM
Jimmy's brother Mark here.

Mark, welcome to the site. I love the 911, and glad you enjoyed your taste of the Cobra, we know Jimmy has set that beast up right!!

It was awesome to see you Jimmy in your element again last night. If you didn't know any better, and just say him walking around now, you would have no clue what he just went through.

It was also great to see everyone come out last night. It shows the true camaraderie in this group, and how much we each care for our SCMC family.
:thumbsup:

93KingCobra
11-04-2009, 01:28 PM
It was truly awesome to see you Jimmy..I know we are all so happy that you are back and will be back to the grumpy old parts guys that we all know and love...

Now it's time for a Christmas Party!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
11-04-2009, 01:52 PM
Now it's time for a Christmas Party!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I was waiting for someone to bring this up....I'm ready for some LCR and White Elephant gift exchange!!! :thumbsup:

Firme
11-04-2009, 02:34 PM
I was waiting for someone to bring this up....I'm ready for some LCR and White Elephant gift exchange!!! :thumbsup:

Please stand-by as the Christmas party is in the works!!!

jimmysidecarr
11-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Please stand-by as the Christmas party is in the works!!!

God willing, Gail and I are in!!

marksgtv
11-04-2009, 05:12 PM
I haven't met any of you but I feel like I have this big, loving family in Texas. I thank you all for the incredible support for my brother. You guys rock.
Mark Morrissey

97CasperCobra
11-04-2009, 05:38 PM
I haven't met any of you but I feel like I have this big, loving family in Texas. I thank you all for the incredible support for my brother. You guys rock.
Mark Morrissey
Mark, hope you come into town one weekend and come out to a track event with us and Jimmy!!! The world needs more people like Jimmy....I thank you and your family for raising a guy like this.

What makes this group so great is the people and their willingness to help out at the drop of a hat. I can't count on both hands how many times I've needed help and people in the club have helped me out and never asked for a thing.

Levi
11-04-2009, 07:35 PM
It was so good to see everyone and to get to see Jimmy back on his feet was the highlite of the evening. Before you know it jimmy will be back out there sharing is infinite wisdon and helping us solve our car problem as he has done so many times. Jimmy we are the fortunate ones to have you in our lives and especially the club. Keep getting stronger and we will keep saying the prayers for your speedy recovery. It was fun to see the group in this picture and to have Jimmy and Gail back with the group. :thumbsup:

Carl you hit the nail on the head.

Jimmy, we are the fortunate ones to have you in our lives.

:thumbsup:

Andy M
11-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Jimmy,

Sorry Tammy and I were unable to make it out to see you and the rest of the clan this week. I've been in Vegas all week attending Brocade's WW Sales Conference and Tammy is here with me now and we are staying until Sunday.

I am very much looking forward to seeing you again really soon. All the best wishes for a speedy recovery - which it appears is well underway. Tammy and I could not be happier for you and your family.

Looking forward to seeing you again on track too!! :thumbsup: