PDA

View Full Version : 04 Stock Exhaust?

urlacher54
11-09-2009, 11:01 AM
I have heard that the stock set up flows nicely, so is it really recomended to change out the entire system or just do a catback? Thanks

cobrabitn
11-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Just the catback with mandrel bent pipes.

SvilleCobra
11-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Tony is right, catback is really the simplest and best thing...

However, if you are after a louder, nasty sound...catless x-pipe gets that done, and if you really want NASTY, some headers but I would do these last.

Just my opinion but BE DIFFERENT - go with a catback that not everyone else has (ie: Magnaflow, Flowmaster) Make your Cobra sound stand out - consider MAC, Corsa, SLP, JBL, etc.. And, the exhaust tips are KEY...they have to look good!

ausie
01-19-2010, 07:24 PM
I had replaced my exhaust (cat-back) which is a very easy task (except for getting the car off the ground high enough with only one jack). I still have the original cat-back from the 04 and the 01 Cobra's. I have taken the SLP off for a while and installed the 01 exhaust which I painted black to blend in (not as restrictive as the 04) for a while. I got better fuel mileage with the SLP than the factory pipes. Case in point, when I put the SLP back on, I had to hear what it would sound like without any cat-back. Needless to say I was not impressed with the sound. I expected to hear something different and did not realize the cats would affect the exhaust note as much as they did.