PDA

View Full Version : O4 Cobra vs.........

urlacher54
11-09-2009, 12:10 PM
A friend of mine has an 2002 SS Camaro with cams, heads etc!!!!!! It runs around mid 12s, what would it take for an 04 Cobra to take him?

JayTee
12-04-2009, 11:16 PM
Whatever parts you use, it's typically going to come down to driver proficiency. Start with the JLT CAI, change your rear end gears to 3.73 or higher, change the computer to something comparable to an SCT X-3, take the car to a speed shop for a custom tune... Bottom line, there isn't one thing that you can change to get it done, begin your parts research and start your upgrades. If you ask four people you're likely to get four opinions.

trent03dsgcobra
12-06-2009, 04:59 PM
exhaust, CAI , pulley, tune , and some drag radials. then there should be absolutely no problem at all. I'd keep the stock rear gears IMO, the 3.55s work great on our cars and I see no need to change on a street car.

ausie
03-05-2010, 07:12 PM
I was running mid to high 12's with a stock 04 Cobra on street tires and cat-back. No tune, or mods to the engine. Average launch RMP no higher than 2000, and alot of clutch pedaling to prevent wheel spin. It took practice to average in the mid 12's along with the stock clutch which did not last long.

This past year I changed the shifter, tune and will be modifying the differential assembly (new diff, 3.73 gears, and adding strength with a new cover and diff bushings).

A pulley would definately improve performance considerably. (something I have not done yet).

JROC
03-09-2010, 08:13 PM
exhaust, CAI , pulley, tune , and some drag radials. then there should be absolutely no problem at all. I'd keep the stock rear gears IMO, the 3.55s work great on our cars and I see no need to change on a street car.
Agreed.