PDA

View Full Version : TWS HPDE on 11/21-22?

Admiral
11-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Since I couldn't do the Friday deal last week I'm thinking about going to the upcoming TWS driving event on Saturday 11/21. It is a weekend event but usually just do the Saturday portion. I need to get the 95 Cobra out onto the track and see if it'll hold up to some fun and thrashing, anyone else itching for track time? :p

Andy M
11-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Mike,

Dude, I am so itching for some more track time but I am not sure I can make this one? I have family coming in that weekend. So, they allow Saturday only huh? how much for a single day? I may try to swing one day if I can get a hall pass? (or a track pass I should say) ;)

Admiral
11-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Andy,

I think it is $295 for the whole weekend and $195 for just Saturday - I usually sign up to instruct to keep my costs down. Would love to run the track with you soon! :cool:

03 cobra toy
11-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Michael has football playoffs this weekend. If we win, our next game will be on the 21st. If we lose the game :mad: Michael and I will be there !!

Michael needs a good instructor ;)

ORANGE CRUSH
11-11-2009, 07:07 PM
I would love to but the wife has me all booked up until after Christmas. But if Mizler goes I might make an exception...:D

Admiral
11-13-2009, 07:22 AM
Well, I hope Michael's team wins it all from here! But if they don't, a day at the track burning hydrocarbons, tearing up tire rubber and making brake dust might just be a good way to ease the pain of a loss. :D

Andy M
11-13-2009, 07:38 AM
Ditto on that!!! :thumbsup: :bounce:

03 cobra toy
11-16-2009, 10:12 AM
We can't make it :( They won the game ;)

I think we will try 12/12-13 event @ TWS

SuperG
11-16-2009, 05:12 PM
I'll be there!! Can't wait...it's been over a year since I've smelled race fuel, hot brakes, and burning rubber!!

Andy M
11-18-2009, 12:22 AM
Gonna have to pass on this one unfortunately. Will also have to pass on the December event as well. Tammy and I will be in Cancun celebrating her birthday! :bounce:

Admiral
11-18-2009, 07:29 AM
Cancun over TWS in December? No Brainer lol. We'll see you on track next go-round amigo! :cool:

SuperG
11-18-2009, 07:40 AM
With all the planning I did prior to leaving for Houston...I forgot my helmet!! Anyone have an extra they could loan?

Admiral
11-18-2009, 07:44 AM
I don't have a spare - I think they have loaners at the track but they are pretty "used" if my memory is working this morning. :(

SuperG
11-19-2009, 08:25 AM
I don't have a spare - I think they have loaners at the track but they are pretty "used" if my memory is working this morning. :(
Looking like a trip to Wal-Mart is in order! See you at the track!!

Admiral
11-19-2009, 12:05 PM
Sounds good, look me up on Saturday morning!!

jimmysidecarr
11-19-2009, 02:39 PM
Looking like a trip to Wal-Mart is in order! See you at the track!!

Gary
My helmet is available. Track tools too.

call me if you need to

Admiral
11-22-2009, 07:57 AM
Well, the weather wasn't too good yesterday but we had some fun on the track. My little 95 on stock tires was a handful but there were no major mechanical issues and later in the afternoon when the sun finally came out I was able to really start pushing the car. It has a little bit of oversteer which is just how I like the car to handle.

SuperG
11-23-2009, 08:38 AM
Jimmy, thanks for the helmet offer...turns out TWS had some decent helmets for rent ($5).

Yep, Saturday was fun...as long as you like driving in the rain! I bought a buddy a day in the Green Group and on his 3rd session he shifted down from 4th to 3rd at T1 and let the clutch out too fast...that caused the tires to begin skipping and that resulted in the fan belt getting tossed around like a wet noodle. So we spent the rest of the evening replacing the belt...thank goodness I had a spare!

Sunday was great! First...I slept in and missed the 1st session, but I sure needed that! Second, a lot of people left so Yellow group had maybe 6 cars, so some from folks from white group and some instructors came out with us...what a blast!

Someone had brought their GTR...I kept up with it pretty easliy...from turn 2 to turn 3 and that was it! A few laps later he was passing me again! I blame my slowness on my tires...

Dec 12th is the next weekend!! Here's hoping for good weather! :thumbsup:

Admiral
11-23-2009, 01:51 PM
I've signed up for December 12th already. Word on the street is that a bunch of CMC and AI Camaros and Mustangs are due to show up for some fun also!

Glad you had good weather on Sunday and that you got the belt replaced ok!!

Andy M
11-23-2009, 11:09 PM
Jimmy, thanks for the helmet offer...turns out TWS had some decent helmets for rent ($5).

Yep, Saturday was fun...as long as you like driving in the rain! I bought a buddy a day in the Green Group and on his 3rd session he shifted down from 4th to 3rd at T1 and let the clutch out too fast...that caused the tires to begin skipping and that resulted in the fan belt getting tossed around like a wet noodle. So we spent the rest of the evening replacing the belt...thank goodness I had a spare!

Sunday was great! First...I slept in and missed the 1st session, but I sure needed that! Second, a lot of people left so Yellow group had maybe 6 cars, so some from folks from white group and some instructors came out with us...what a blast!

Someone had brought their GTR...I kept up with it pretty easliy...from turn 2 to turn 3 and that was it! A few laps later he was passing me again! I blame my slowness on my tires...

Dec 12th is the next weekend!! Here's hoping for good weather! :thumbsup:
Driving fast in the rain at the track? hmmmm? let me see? :D Oh I know? Wayne Manor lives for track time in the rain!! :bounce:

Glad you guys had fun! :thumbsup: Sorry I did not make this one. :(

Andy M
11-23-2009, 11:12 PM
I've signed up for December 12th already. Word on the street is that a bunch of CMC and AI Camaros and Mustangs are due to show up for some fun also!

Glad you had good weather on Sunday and that you got the belt replaced ok!!
Mike,

You guys stay safe on the weekend of the 11th/12th! I will be in Cancun basking in the sun on the beach with my smokin' hot babe wife!

Next year though - watch out! I will be a track whore!! I am planning on doing Big Bend Road Race, and at least 2-3 track weekends. I'd like to go back to MSR in Cresson as I have not run that track in almost 7 years. I went to Hallett this year so I will try to make something else instead. Maybe Road Atlanta or something like that. And then of course no season would be complete without a romp at good ole' TWS! :bounce: