PDA

View Full Version : Back in an SVT

ViperBlueCobra
11-27-2009, 09:15 AM
I traded in my 2004 Cobra 3 years ago.. for a 2006 mustang gt vert. I enjoyed the car and liked the new body style. However, I do miss the power and performance. After searching for a long time, I finally took the plunge and got a 2007 Mustang Shelby GT500. White with blue stripes. :thumbsup:

It had 9,500 miles on it, and a laundry list of modifications. It's a blast!! I love this car.

Anyways, just thought I would chime in and see what's going on.

Josh:)

cobrabitn
11-27-2009, 09:48 AM
Nothing like having all that power at your right foot! Congrats on the new ride. :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
11-27-2009, 10:51 AM
welcome back Josh, it's been a long while. Post up some pics of the Shelby when you can.

Firme
11-27-2009, 11:31 AM
Congratulations Josh!! :thumbsup:

:ttiwwop:

jimmysidecarr
11-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Wow! Nice!

Blownsvtlightning
11-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Wow! Nice!

Nice ride..

ViperBlueCobra
11-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Here are a few pictures off my phone. I plan on taking some actual pictures tomorrow. And yes, that's a nissan cube in the drive way that my wife had to have. lol

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af91/ViperBlueCobra/IMG00202.jpg

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af91/ViperBlueCobra/IMG00198.jpg

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af91/ViperBlueCobra/IMG00199.jpg

ORANGE CRUSH
11-28-2009, 12:11 AM
Hey Josh! Good to hear from you. Nice ride!

Admiral
11-28-2009, 08:14 AM
Nice ride, congrats and welcome back!!

93KingCobra
11-28-2009, 07:44 PM
Very nice... :thumbsup:

Blownsvtlightning
11-29-2009, 12:47 AM
those are the same pics I saw on TPH :D

08 Mustang
11-29-2009, 09:28 AM
congrats on the GT500....so, how does it compare to the 04 Cobra?

Andy M
11-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Congrats and welcome back Josh! Beautiful ride. We'll expect to see it and you at a track some time soon! :bounce:

ViperBlueCobra
12-01-2009, 02:16 PM
congrats on the GT500....so, how does it compare to the 04 Cobra?It's really not a fair comparison. I purchased a gt500 with modifications already done to it. So to compare, mod to mod car to car would be my only comparison. My 04 Cobra had pulley, cold air, tb, exhaust, gears, etc.

The power of the gt500 is a different sort. You can feel the weight, but you definitely get moving quick. It feels comfortable at the higher speeds and to me, has better brakes. However, the terminator had way more traction. either because of less power or less weight. The Shelby tends to want to just spin the tires at any sign of boost. While the terminator would squat more and get you down the road. But this could be because my shelby has full suspension already done, and it seems to be set up for road course, not drag racing.

Interior and quality for the shelby is, imo, light years a head of the 04 cobra. The finish and fit seems to be much better. My 04 cobra had 24k miles on it when I traded it in, and everything that could rattle and shake did.

The driving experience, as far as pulling up some where, I get ten times more looks and complements on the shelby then I ever got with the terminator. I just don't think the general public realizes how much of a beast the terminators are, and never really got that main stream appeal.

I plan on purchasing a little cash truck next month, so this car can sit in the garage. I really enjoy and respect this car, and I don't want to put all the miles and wear and tear of daily driving. Good thing is, I'm only 5 miles from work. :thumbsup:

Overall, I'm thrilled. Every morning coming to the garage and see it sitting there, it's finally sinking in that I do have this car. And I'm sure it will be a more of a reality check when I send off the first payment this month. lol

Andy M
12-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Again, we'll expect to see you and the car at a road course some time soon!

Congrats again on the car. It is beautiful!! :)

You are right about the Terminators though. Most people do not realize how fast these cars really are. I took a friend for a ride in mine a while back and he about crapped in his pants when he felt the rush at full throttle!

By the way, what suspension components are on the car?

ViperBlueCobra
12-03-2009, 12:43 PM
By the way, what suspension components are on the car?I actually need someone to take a look and help me out. I have 3 boxes of stock suspension parts. LOL. I know it's tokico shocks that are adjustible, but I need help adjusting. It has a key tool to adjust them.

Also I have sway bars, control arms, a-arms, k-member, springs, probably even more then I know. Really need someone that's familiar with suspension and the gt500 to really look at my car and see what all I have on it.

ORANGE CRUSH
12-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Josh,

Anytime you want to get together, I would be happy to take a look and let you know what all you have. Just let me know.