PDA

View Full Version : Battery

inerceptor
02-22-2010, 09:50 PM
Well the original battery finally died and I want to replace it with an Optima. Optima does not show one that is a direct fit but I know that I have seen other people with them. Can someone please tell me a part number. Any help would be appreciated.

cobrabitn
02-22-2010, 11:49 PM
Chad,

I like the factory batteries plus you get a prorated $$ amount if it is still under warranty. I have never owned an Optima but I have heard both good and bad things about them.

JMHO

ausie
02-22-2010, 11:57 PM
I had a dead battery from last winter. Even the battery indicator changed from green to red. Once the car was jump started and ran for a while everything seemed good. Before this winter, I noticed that the battery indicator changed back to green (did not expect that).

I cannot say much about the Optima batteries.

corvetteman39
02-23-2010, 12:16 AM
I actually have a red top Optima in my Vette and have had it now for like 6 years, have killed it at least 6 times as well and it's still going, I have a LED underglow kit and a high power stereo unit as well as LED lights running around the sub.

I work at Autozone and if you want when I go to work I can look up and see if there is one to fit your car.

Andy M
02-23-2010, 09:01 AM
I have a Yellow Top Optima in my Terminator. Let me check the model# later today and report back to you. My car sits in the garage for several weeks at a time without it being cranked and the Optima has never failed to crank it right up. :thumbsup: