PDA

View Full Version : Jim Boden on the road to recovery

Larry95
03-01-2010, 08:24 AM
I will probably get in trouble with Jim for making this post, but Jackie requested that I do it so here goes. About a month ago Jim started having some cardiac test run at the Doctor. He had two different types of stress test and an angiogram that I’m aware of. The angiogram detected a blockage in one of his major arteries to the heart. Last Friday he had bypass surgery. Both of his Sons were here in town to help Jackie. Eloisa and I went out to see them at the hospital yesterday around noon. Jim is still in ICU and we couldn’t see him but we were able to visit with Jackie and the boys for a couple of hours. They all said that he was doing really well and that the nurses already had him up and doing a little walking.

I know all of you will keep Jim, Jackie and Family in you thoughts and prayers for all to go well and for a speedy recovery.

Edit:
The hospital has a site that people can send e-greetings. I know Jim would love it.

www.stlukeswoodlands.com (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/www.stlukeswoodlands.com)

It is located in the "patient center" on the web site.

Below is the latest email I’ve gotten from Jackie as of Sunday evening.

“Hi,

We cannot believe the day Jim had. He was up and walking 3 times today, each time further than the rest. He looks great and is working hard. He may be coming home by mid week.

Thanks

The Boden Family”

SuperG
03-01-2010, 08:38 AM
So glad you posted this!! Jim, Jackie, and the rest of their family are in my thoughts and prayers!!

Firme
03-01-2010, 08:47 AM
Yes, Larry, thank you very much for posting.

We are so glad to hear that the surgery went well and that Jim is on his way to recovery. The Boden's do so much to help everyone in our Cobra family, and we are all here for them with our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Larry95
03-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Added hospital patient e-mail site information.

Larry

Mrs TwiceBitten
03-01-2010, 03:58 PM
*PRAYERS* from our family to yours!

Levi
03-01-2010, 08:57 PM
So glad to hear that the surgery went well and our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

jimmysidecarr
03-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Wow am I glad they caught that before it bit him real bad! :(

I'll have to check and see about when a visit will be possible.

I just LOVE HOSPITALS!!! :rolleyes: :D

Prayers engaged.

Jimmy

cobrabitn
03-01-2010, 11:38 PM
Just sent him an e-mail via the website.

jimmysidecarr
03-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Just sent him an e-mail via the website.

Ditto!

03 cobra toy
03-02-2010, 10:12 AM
Get better Track Dog !! We are praying for ya :thumbsup:

Andy M
03-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Jim/Jackie - Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family for a speedy recovery! Looking forward to seeing you out at the track soon!

Thanks Larry for posting and keeping us all informed.

gfcobra
03-02-2010, 12:38 PM
We willl keep everyone in our prayers. It is really great to here that Jim is recovering so quickly. Looking forward to seeing you at the track soon.
Gary.

ORANGE CRUSH
03-02-2010, 01:05 PM
Get well soon Jim! We'er pray'en for ya...:thumbsup:

JBoden
03-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Jim and I thank you so much for all the well wishes. It really helps for good speedy recovery. Out boys have been such a great help, I could not do this without them.

Admiral
03-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Jim, you are one of the good guys and we pray you will pull through this soon. Hang in there guy and get well amigo!!

kencobra
03-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Both Jocelyn and I wish you a quick and full recovery. If there is anything we can do for either of you please let us know. :thumbsup:

JoeJ
03-03-2010, 02:46 AM
Jim,

Take care of yourself and get well so you can come play with us on the track. Please keep us informed on your progress.

JBoden
03-04-2010, 05:10 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
We are HOME at last. A heartfelt thank you to everyone. We could not have done it without your thoughts and prayers.

Jim and Jackie :)

93KingCobra
03-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Wow I just saw this and we are so happy Jim is do so well. Glad to hear that they caught it so early. We will pray for a speedy recovery!!!

97CasperCobra
03-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Dang it Jim, i TOLD you to never hesitate on contacting me or your other "family" should you ever need anything. You are a great friend to many, and we thank Larry for making this post to keep us informed and Jackie for telling him to do so. I'll continue to pray for you and your family on your recovery. Here's to being on the track again soon man!!! :thumbsup:

JBoden
03-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Good Morning All :D I cannot even come close to express my gratitude for the outpouring of support and blessings. My strength is coming back slowly and everyday seems to get better.

This has been an incredible experience for us and considering the alternative - quite a blessing in circumstance. All started with my routine annual physical which included a stress-test. The stress-test indicated something was not quite right. Next step was nuclear stress-test which really surprised the Doctors by showing a very health heart and no reason for the chest discomfort I was feeling. Not satisfied, my "Team" pushed for a heart-cath procedure (all of this happened within a weeks time).

The heart-cath told the whole story - significant blockage in three critical arteries to the heart muscles - none of which could be treated with angioplasty.

Jackie and I met quickly with the surgical team at the St. Lukes Heart Center in the Woodlands and the plan was set. Friday, February 26th is now my new birthday.

Most of you know how private I am but it is important for me to share this experience with as many people as possible. Most of us take better care of our Cobras than we do ourselves. Please pay attention to yourself.

My Docs don't even want me behind the wheel for a month so TWS is out for March but we're going to stop by next Saturday and say hello.

My goal is to be ready for VIR this year - just need a new set of sticky tires since I corded my Hoosiers last time out trying to stay with Joe Johnson.

My new clutch set up w/aluminum flywheel is killer - can't wait to strap in again.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

jimmysidecarr
03-07-2010, 08:58 PM
GREAT TO HEAR JIM!!

I'm so glad you are doing well now! The prayers have been working overtime for us older guys lately! ;)

I've got to wait a little longer than that, but I hope to be back running with y'all eventually.

Larry95
03-08-2010, 07:35 AM
Jim, Good to see you're well enough to do some posting and that you're doing much better. Jackie told me how much trouble I'm in so I guess I'm in for it. Got my new set of tires last week via UPS and had them mounted Saturday.

Sonic Blue
03-08-2010, 10:17 AM
Been gone for a while but good to see both you and Jimmy doing well

God bless

JBoden
03-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Jim had little set back. He is back In the hospital under observation for a blood Clot in his leg. He is doing well, resting and taking medication. Please keep him your prayers. Jackie

ps. He just got word. He can do all of this at home!!

gfcobra
03-19-2010, 04:34 PM
Hope you get home soon. It was great see you last weekend.
Gary.

Andy M
03-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Jackie, Jim,

Is Jim home now and if so, how is he doing? I just returned from a Spring Break trip to Mexico and wanted to get an update. Hope all is well and rest assured you guys are in our prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

JBoden
03-22-2010, 07:25 PM
I am at home and things are getting better every day. I'm hoping to get back to work/play the first week in April although my Doc tells me at least three months before I can get back on-track (just in time for VIR) :bounce:

Staying home is for the birds - but I must follow orders.

Thanks for all the support.

JoeJ
03-23-2010, 02:48 AM
Jim,

Take care of yourself. I am sure glad you found out about the problem and got it resolved. It just shows that a person never knows what life will bring. Get well soon. I am looking forward to seeing you at VIR. :thumbsup:

Wayne is going with me and we will both be driving the Cobra R. We need all the Texas guys we can get to show those Northern boys the fast way around the track..lol. It will be a blast. :p

Carl G
04-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Wow! Just saw this post....Man you have been through a lot. Deb and I are glad you on back on your feet. Let us Know if you need anything or help. Hope to see you soon. :thumbsup:

JBoden
04-11-2010, 12:58 PM
GREAT to hear from you Carl !!! It's been a rocky road but I am slowly mending.

You know what they say - "It's hard to keep a Track Dawg down"

I am planning to spend the day with the guys at MSR this coming Saturday can't drive yet but still love the smell of burning rubber and race fuel.

Hope to see you and Deb SOON. :thumbsup: