PDA

View Full Version : Battery Advice

SvilleCobra
03-29-2010, 08:03 AM
My OEM battery has finally died....will not hold a charge.

Any thoughts on the best replacement battery?

Andy M
03-29-2010, 10:06 AM
Optima is the best! :thumbsup: I have a yellow top in my Terminator and my car sometimes sits in the garage for a month or more without being cranked and it starts up fine every time. I had a red top in my old 2000R and it always worked great as well.

these are very good batteries, especially if you do any sort of harsh track time with your car. They are very good in high vibration environments. You can usually find these at your local car parts place like Autozone, etc. They are a little more pricey than normal batteries, but worth every penny.

SvilleCobra
03-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Thanks Andy.....much appreciated!

I was leaning that way but some guys up here have talked about Deca and other brands...

What is the difference between a red, yellow, or blue Optima?

Larry95
03-29-2010, 05:35 PM
www.optimabatteries.com/optima_products/ (http://www.optimabatteries.com/optima_products/)

cobrabitn
03-29-2010, 08:39 PM
Motorcraft battery, it's what came in the car, lasted 6 years for you and I've always had longevity out of those batteries. Plus......when your battery dies, it can be prorated toward another battery. I just did this on my 1994 Pace Car and the battery cost me $50.00 because it was prorated. JMHO :D

SvilleCobra
03-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Thanks Tony,

after a lot of advice from numerous sources i will be going back to the Motorcraft Ford OEM battery. Optima attractive but OEM keeps it real.

......And at $107.00 for an OEM I am glad I did (4-2-2010)

Thanks again!