PDA

View Full Version : SVT Cobra Mustang Club All Ford Car and Truck Show - July 3, 2010 - Upstate NY

NJ2000R
04-16-2010, 11:53 AM
SVT Cobra Mustang Club All Ford Car and Truck Show - July 3, 2010 - Saratoga Auto Museum - Upstate NY

10am-2pm, Celebrate everything Ford on the Lawn at the Museum. $10, $15 day of show....online signup below:

http://www.saratogaautomuseum.org/events.php?CID=1

cobrabitn
04-17-2010, 12:33 AM
This event has now been added to the front page of the website... :)

NJ2000R
04-19-2010, 11:13 AM
:thumbsup: This event has now been added to the front page of the website... :)

beezer
07-03-2010, 02:03 PM
We decided to hit this on our east coast road trip. I have never been to a show where I paid money to enter where there were no awards, no dash plaques, or no goodie bag. This was an absolute waste of 10 dollars and the museum was not that impressive either. However we did Meet alot of great people at the show. You New Yorkers, Jersey folks, and New Englanders should be proud.

cobrabitn
07-03-2010, 04:58 PM
I thought there was door prizes and two awards for "Best of Show" and "People's Choice?"

Since this was our first time out there, we didn't know what to expect but look at your $10.00 as going to help the museum. Since SCMC has no shows in the northeast, and the only person we had volunteer was willing to take his personal time to put this "show and shine" together for those that live in that area, it was a welcome change from doing nothing at all.

For the record, SCMC didn't make a dime off the show so our labor and advertising was free! However, if you did meet some cool folks, then the club did what is was intended to do, help you meet/make some new friends and share stories with fellow enthusiasts.......and that's what we are all about.

NJ2000R
07-03-2010, 11:50 PM
We decided to hit this on our east coast road trip. I have never been to a show where I paid money to enter where there were no awards, no dash plaques, or no goodie bag. This was an absolute waste of 10 dollars and the museum was not that impressive either. However we did Meet alot of great people at the show. You New Yorkers, Jersey folks, and New Englanders should be proud.

I was very impressed with the turnout of 45 cars for a first ever "All Ford" event at the museum, some of which were rare authentic AC Cobras, Ford GT's, Shelby GT500's, kit cars, many beautiful modded and stock mustangs, fords, and street rods....the museum is and always impresses me with it's ever changing displays (they rotate their displays 3 times a year) so I don't know why you were the only complainer, whereas I had many attendees come up to me and Alan (the museum lawn show coordinator) and thank us for organizing the event....I never expect anything from a show that is a fund raiser, other than hanging out with a bunch of fellow car people, and having a great time viewing and talking cars....maybe next year, you could volunteer some of your time to help set up, advertise, promote, contact vendors and suppliers, collect donated items, and put together goodie bags....feel free to email me your contact info if you'd like to help organize the event, as volunteers are always hard to come by....

beezer
07-03-2010, 11:55 PM
I thought there was door prizes and two awards for "Best of Show" and "People's Choice?"

Since this was our first time out there, we didn't know what to expect but look at your $10.00 as going to help the museum. Since SCMC has no shows in the northeast, and the only person we had volunteer was willing to take his personal time to put this "show and shine" together for those that live in that area, it was a welcome change from doing nothing at all.

For the record, SCMC didn't make a dime off the show so our labor and advertising was free! However, if you did meet some cool folks, then the club did what is was intended to do, help you meet/make some new friends and share stories with fellow enthusiasts.......and that's what we are all about.

Unless you call the hanging tree air freshener that everyone got for registering a door prize? LOL

Basically it looked like to me it was a cash grab by the museum. I have overheard the museum worker that was doing the announcing tell someone that there were no awards that we are just going this for the Ford guys. I have been to SCMC shows back home in MI (thanks Larry & Janice) and they have always been great. If you donated two trophies, you may want to see whats up. We ended up leaving a little after 12 (long drive to Maine) so if there were any, we didn't see them. If door prizes were given away after we left, if anyone on the boards was there, feel free to chime in.

beezer
07-04-2010, 12:30 AM
I was very impressed with the turnout of 45 cars for a first ever "All Ford" event at the museum, some of which were rare authentic AC Cobras, Ford GT's, Shelby GT500's, kit cars, many beautiful modded and stock mustangs, fords, and street rods....the museum is and always impresses me with it's ever changing displays (they rotate their displays 3 times a year) so I don't know why you were the only complainer, whereas I had many attendees come up to me and Alan (the museum lawn show coordinator) and thank us for organizing the event....I never expect anything from a show that is a fund raiser, other than hanging out with a bunch of fellow car people, and having a great time viewing and talking cars....maybe next year, you could volunteer some of your time to help set up, advertise, promote, contact vendors and suppliers, collect donated items, and put together goodie bags....feel free to email me your contact info if you'd like to help organize the event, as volunteers are always hard to come by....

Not really complaining. I guess it wasn't made clear that it was a fund raiser for the Museum. I assumed that it was going to be like every other SCMC show I have attended.

Personally, I thought the show was in a good location, plenty of shade (which is rare these days), and as long as the Museum rotates displays, good reason to go back year after year. Plus it is a good weekend for the show. Maybe organize a pony drive through the mountains the day after to keep people in the area for the long weekend. :D As I posted earlier, the people were great.

If I ruffled some feathers, sorry, that was not my intention at all.

cobrabitn
07-04-2010, 12:41 AM
Beezer,

This was just a trial event. We never held one at this location before and there was supposed to be two awards as stated above. I was told there was a problem with getting them done on time but we'll make sure that next year we have some. With a turnout of 45 cars, there should be at least 25 to 30 awards.

The museum did state they wanted us back next year so we'll try it again in 2011. We only initially had 5 people preregistered so we figured we weren't going to have this kind of turnout. Now that we know what the potential is, we can work from there.

Yes, Ken was doing this on his own and he had no idea what would happen. We'll make sure that we have some more help for him next year. We do appreciate you attending and attending other SCMC events. We'll make a commitment to do a better job next year and make it more fun for everyone.

(BTW, did you attend our Ashley Ford show in MA? It had over 80 cars in attendance.)

The cruise idea was brought up, but we also thought about attending a 4th of July parade right after the show in downtown Saratoga Springs. Other options were discussed but with just one worker bee available, it just wasn't going to happen this year. Again, something to build on for 2011 and hopefully we'll have a little more juice in the tank!! :thumbsup:

beezer
07-04-2010, 12:52 AM
everyone.

(BTW, did you attend our Ashley Ford show in MA? It had over 80 cars in attendance.)

Wish I could. I've been the one that have been held in MI. Been trying like crazy to come to the event in Knoxville in Oct but always seem to have prior commitments. :(

cobrabitn
07-04-2010, 12:55 AM
It's the 9th this year and that show pulls 100 plus cars. Free food, free tees, and you get your 20 bucks worth! :D