PDA

View Full Version : 96' cobra running rough

hondapoison
04-16-2010, 09:36 PM
I hope someone has some insight. I have a 96' cobra and recently put new iridium spark plugs in and msd wires and my car ran great the other day I noticed that my radiator had a crack in it and my smog pump quit working so I decided to do some work on her I have about 85k miles on her so I wanted to clean the imrc's after I put the car all back together it was running fine but would die when I came to a stop or when I snap the throttle I looked and saw 2 injectors leaking so i ordered a whole new set when I took the old ones out I noticed the pintle caps were broken and gone they had fallen into the combustion chamber. I didnt think anything of this because they are just made of plastic I figured they would burn up and pass through the exhaust anyway when I first put the new injectors in my car ran great there is no fuel leaking anywhere but now today it feels like my car is only running on 4 cylinders very rough idle and very poor throttle response but no check engine light yet. any insight?

ausie
04-21-2010, 11:51 AM
I am not sure how responsive the 96 ECU is (Had a 96 Ford Explorer that a squirrel ate through the injector wire harness and the engine would run really rough as if the crank shaft was off balance, the check engine light never came on until the next time I started it). Check your Injector plugs for connection. Also if you removed any plugs, vacuum lines etc,,, double check what you did to verify everything is connected.

hondapoison
06-25-2010, 03:41 AM
Thanks,
It started running smooth again and then the secondary air injection pump started running erratically and then just stopped all together now the check engine light is back on saying incorrect flow secondary air pump, and sometimes it will run rough and other times it will run great I am hoping that the problems are related and my new secondary air pump just showed up today so I am going to put it in and hope everything gets better.