PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to MW 2010?

cobrabitn
04-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Mustang Week is the largest gathering of Mustangs and SVTs at the beach. The SCMC plans on having formal representation at this event this year. Please post your answers in this forum so we can get an idea of who is going and what would you like to do while down there?

1. The plans are to have the club trailer down for MW, who plans on going this year?

2. Would you be interested in showing with the club?

3. Would you like to do a show within a show? Or would you rather have a event plaque made up for display rather than a competition? Or neither?

4. Would you be interested in helping with judging as the staff could use some help in this area?

5. Would you want to go out and eat as a group on Thursday or Friday night?

6. Are there any other activities that you may want to do as a group over the weekend?

Your answers and postings are extremely helpful.

Tony

Confirmed members Showing with the club trailer:

Mark Young - 1995 White SVT Cobra Coupe
Tony Sorrentino - 1994 Rio Red SVT Cobra Coupe
Roger McQueen - 2007 Torch Red Shelby GT 500 Coupe
Mark Johnson - 1994 White SVT Cobra Coupe

Sonicbluesvt
04-28-2010, 09:42 PM
I am going to try to make it down this year. If I am able to go it will only be for a couple days. I will do what I can to help out and would be willing to show with the club.

03graysvt
05-04-2010, 05:07 PM
im thinking of going down im not sure yet but i would be happy to help and maybe show my car

cobrabitn
05-04-2010, 09:29 PM
I'll start a list for people showing with the club. :thumbsup:

mcquik
05-17-2010, 04:11 PM
I'm going again this year. ( My 3rd year) Would like to show with the club. I assume this will be in the car show on friday. I will help wherever you need me.:)

nckissfan
06-14-2010, 05:38 PM
I am working on going down. I say, no show in a show. Let's just go down, spread the word of the club, and relax. :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
06-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Sounds good to me...Maybe an SCMC/MW plaque to put with our cars on display??

nckissfan
06-15-2010, 03:51 PM
I like that idea :thumbsup:

Enforcer
06-17-2010, 08:57 AM
I will be attending this year for the first time. I am coming from Little Rock, AR, and will be there for the cruise and get together Tuesday night. I would like to park with other club members if possible. I am looking forward to meeting club members in person. I do not normally get to come to events because of the travel distance, but I planned far in advance this year.

Mark

Enforcer
06-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Tony,

I would vote for a plaque, but will do whatever the group chooses. I am a team player. I will have just traveled 1,000 miles and arriving Tuesday, which wouldn't leave me much time to clean the car back up. I would love to go eat with the group. It will be nice to meet everyone since I have not been able to attend an event. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Mark

cobrabitn
06-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Glad you can make it this year Mark. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the turnout. Should make for a good time, I'll have to figure out where we can group up for a dinner on Thursday or Friday or Saturday nights/ :)

nckissfan
06-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Tony, when are you coming down? Where are you planning on staying?

cobrabitn
06-19-2010, 09:18 PM
Sheraton with Dan from Pro-Dyno, but not literally with Dan... :rotf: Thursday afternoon/night sometime...

mrpork
06-20-2010, 08:05 AM
ill be going down for myfirst time but not with the mustang:(

cobrabitn
07-08-2010, 10:53 PM
Hate to hear that Mr Pork!

I've updated the first post so when you know for sure you'll be displaying with the club, please post here.

Thanks!

T

RR03Cobra
07-11-2010, 09:03 AM
I'll be there again this year!!! Can't wait to see that new ride Tony!:thumbsup:

RR03Cobra
07-11-2010, 09:06 AM
Here is the itinerary for Mustang Week:)

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c94/RR03cobra/mustangweek.jpg

cobrabitn
07-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Thanks Rock! Unfortunately, the new snake will be at the house since it is too much of a hassle to swap cars in and out of the trailer but I'll have my track car on display. You'll be able to check the new one out in November at the fall Pro-Dyno cruise-in unless we can put together a September BRP cruise before then? I was thinking maybe to Luray caverns and the Natural bridge? :D

mcquik
07-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Joe Young is coming with me to Mustang Week on Thursday night and he has entered his 2010 Shelby GT 500 ( Silver w/ Black Mat Stripes ) in the judged show along with me. We want to park with the SCMC in front of Hooters. Will our cars be judged as part of the Mustang Week car show in this location?

nckissfan
07-12-2010, 03:33 PM
I believe they will, but not 100% sure. The MW staff opened up a bunch of spots in the location that we are in, so I am thinking they are going to honor that area for car show cars, as well. Hopefully, Mike Clay can shed some light on this.

65shelby
07-13-2010, 12:40 PM
I'm coming in Thursday night.
I'll be on-site Friday morning with my White '95 between 8-9:00.

I plan to park up front at Hooters with the FORD trailer like last year.
I'm not entered and don't plan to be judged, just display only.

See everyone on Friday!

Mark

mcquik
07-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Tony:
My Shelby GT 500 will not be ready for Mustang Week so I won't be able to show with the club, sorry! I will be in attendance with my friend Joe Young and he will park with the club in his 2010 Shelby Silver w/ Black Mat Stripes.

The hold-up was caused by Ford in that Young Ford in Charlotte who is doing the body work and painting had to send back (2) left rear quarter panels because of defects. The 3rd quarter panel shipped was fine, but this caused the delay in the car not being ready for Mustang Week. Harris Racing already had completed all the suspension repairs, and they repaired Dave Baldwin's GT 500 first so he got his car back about 2 weeks ago.

Sorry to have missed this one, but McQuik will definitely be ready for the Parkway Show on Aug. 21. See ya friday.

cobrabitn
07-21-2010, 09:09 PM
Just come and hang out with us and don't worry about having a car to show.... :)

cobrabitn
07-25-2010, 04:41 PM
Had a blast at this event, a lot of cool cars and a lot of nice people. SCMC MW slideshow to follow soon as I have over 150 photos of the event. :thumbsup:

Got several new SCMC members from the event and gave out all of the membership apps. Next year, I'll be better prepared for the crowd that was down there. Really enjoyed the weekend. Mike & Rodney and the MW team did an outstanding job!