PDA

View Full Version : my new Trailer was stolen

Andy M
04-30-2010, 12:43 AM
Folks,

Let me know if you see a brand new black open trailer headed southbound on 59 towards Mexico! :( I visited my storage facility today just to check in on my new trailer (which I only used once to go to Hallett last September), and my heart sank when I came around the corner and it was gone. I guess I should have known better as this storage lot has way too much in and out and has 24 hour access. There are alot of lawn service guys coming and going every day and I am not sure there is survelliance. Again, my bad for being stupid. At any rate, I need to go to their office tomorrow and also file a report with the police.

You can bet that when I do get another trailer, it will NOT be stored in another facility like the last one. I will plan on getting a 10X20 unit and put it inside next time.

Thanks for listening to me rant! I am so PISSED I can hardly stand it! Boy, to catch them in the act would a wonderful thing!

cobrabitn
04-30-2010, 12:55 AM
I feel your pain as the club trailer was broken into a couple of years ago; over $5000.00 worth of stuff stolen including a $2500.00 generator. Did you have a lock on the hitch?

Andy M
04-30-2010, 07:42 AM
Tony,

Yes, I had a lock on the hitch AND I had those graphite cable locks on BOTH axles running through the wheels. Oh well, it was just stupid as I chose this particular facility because it provided in and out access 24 hours and was less than the other more secure facilities. Again, I was stupid! Not going to happen again I can assure you. I WILL pay more next time and store it inside a closed in unit.

A real bummer!! Sorry to hear the club trailer was broken into. Man, what is this world coming to?! It is just so sad that there are those in this world that just do not care about other people's property. I know there is a lot of despair due to our government leaders being stupid with our money, but come on!

SuperG
04-30-2010, 09:49 AM
That's the 2nd trailer I know was stolen in that area recently...hard to keep those planted to the ground...that sucks!

Twice Bitten
04-30-2010, 11:05 AM
My brothers truck was broken ointo yesterday here at our office, again. They left a hand print on the window of my truck as the were window shopping. :mad:

Stealing trailers is just to easy as the thieves cut the locks and haul it away. Nobody thinks twice about seeing a trailer behind a truck here in Texas because it is such a common thing to see. I doubt your trailer is going to Mexico, but rather being used here locally in South East Texas.

They broke a rather large trailer thieving operation about a year or 2 ago on the West side of Houston. The trailer store would buy the stolen trailers, replace the tags and rell them with new registration numbers.

I was told by someone who had his trailer stolen that the best thing to do is weld onto the frame in an inconspicuous area or 2, an identifying number. If the trailer is found, it could be tracked back to you the owner.

I feel bad for you. It sucks having something stolen from you. Stealing is no way to make a living, or even suppliment an income. My life is worth more than anything you could steal.

The Castle doctrin is the law here in Texas, and it is practiced here. :thumbsup: There are a lot of thieves that have been caught and shot since they passed the law. It's just that the media doesn't want to cover it when it doesn't make for a good news story that promotes their agenda. :mad:

End rant!

How come we don't have a soap box smiley??????

Andy M
04-30-2010, 12:43 PM
Larry,

WOW! That is certainly brave of them to break into your brother's truck right outside in the parking lot! My F250 was broken into (third time in 5 years!) :mad: :mad: :mad: This time, I installed hammer locks inside each door so they cannot punch in locks. Of course, if they really want to steal your stuff, they will simply break the windows. I also have a new alarm which has both proximity AND motion sensors inside and out. You cannot breathe on my truck anymore from anything closer than 12 inches away without it tripping. Again, I am not naive enough to think all of this is a total deterrant. There are just too many opportunities for these guys to take stuff that does not belong to them. The current economic conditions of course just makes things worst, but people who do make their livings stealing and dealing drugs don't really care about a good or bad economy. They just do not want to work for a living. Very sad state of affairs indeed. I miss the good ole days when I was growing up in South Louisiana and we never even locked the doors, at night or when we left home.

Andy M
04-30-2010, 05:08 PM
Just returned from the Harris County Sheriff's office. Filed a stolen vehicle report. The lady gave me a copy of the report and told me "please give us a call if you "find" it". Are you kidding me... find it? like I misplaced it or something. Jeez!

Levi
05-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Man, I too would be pissed. :mad:

If your in the need for another trailer just let me know for I may need to sale mine.

Andy M
05-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Stan,

I will likely wait a while to buy another one. With so much going on at work and with our real estate venture, there is not much extra time for track these days. Once I do buy another on though, I will likely go store it where Carl stores his - out in Waller at a much more secure facility. What sucks is this thing was literally brand new. I hauled the Cobra to Hallet and back with it so it only had about 1000 miles registered on the tires. :(

JBoden
05-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Just returned from the Harris County Sheriff's office. Filed a stolen vehicle report. The lady gave me a copy of the report and told me "please give us a call if you "find" it". Are you kidding me... find it? like I misplaced it or something. Jeez!

:mad: I feel your pain Andy - I got the same "oh well" treatment from law enforcement when mine was stolen. And to think we pay taxes for this kind of attitude. Hope you had it insured :rolleyes:

Levi
05-04-2010, 11:22 PM
Stan,

I will likely wait a while to buy another one. With so much going on at work and with our real estate venture, there is not much extra time for track these days. Once I do buy another on though, I will likely go store it where Carl stores his - out in Waller at a much more secure facility. What sucks is this thing was literally brand new. I hauled the Cobra to Hallet and back with it so it only had about 1000 miles registered on the tires. :(

If you ever need to use it just let me know. :cool:

gfcobra
05-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Sorry to hear that Andy, that was a nice trailer. Hope to see you at the track soon.
Gary

Blownsvtlightning
05-17-2010, 10:33 PM
One of my Dad's trailers was stolen, then recovered a few years later when the tire went flat on it and the theives abandoned it on the side of hwy 3. They even left some of their equipment on it, things like tile saw blades..

I go a few theft jobs a week on F-series trucks from 150's to 450's... handles and lock cylinders are common entry points. still cheaper than replacing a window..