PDA

View Full Version : Tire/Fender Rub

SvilleCobra
05-01-2010, 02:50 PM
I know this is a common issue after lowering your Cobra...

My rear tires are rubbing on the edge of the wheel wells every now and then when a dip in the road causes the compression of the rear suspension. Just some minor rub but the marks on the tires outer edge is obvious.

What is the solution and how is it done?

mrpork
05-02-2010, 08:45 AM
I know this is a common issue after lowering your Cobra...

My rear tires are rubbing on the edge of the wheel wells every now and then when a dip in the road causes the compression of the rear suspension. Just some minor rub but the marks on the tires outer edge is obvious.

What is the solution and how is it done?roll your fenders. i just did mine the tool cost around 300.00 with heat gun.i just let a member use mine. when he is done im selling it

puzzle13
05-02-2010, 05:57 PM
There is a lot of fender lip inside of the outer edge of the fender. Rolling is a good solution, but you can deform the fender or crack the paint. I did a little rolling and I also took a 4" angle grinder to the inside of mine and took away about 3/8" of the inner lip.

Andy M
05-03-2010, 10:53 AM
Mike,

What is the offset of your rims and what size tires are you running in the rear?

I have AFS Cobra replicas (10.5 X 18) on the rear of my Terminator with 295/35/18 Nitto Invos and my car is also lowered quite a bit as I have a full Maximum Motorsport road racing coilover setup and I do not get any rubbing. The tire is really close to the fender but is not rubbing.

SvilleCobra
05-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Not sure on my offset but running 18X10.50 SSR GT3 rims with 295/35-18 tires

Tire rub not during normal street driving...getting it when driving hard on highway over small dips or at open track events last year.

mojo dad
05-12-2010, 10:47 PM
I'll bring over my hacksaw and we'll get'r fixed