PDA

View Full Version : Blowing Rock NC cruise, who's going?


cobrabitn
04-21-2002, 09:43 AM
If you plan to ride to Blowing Rock in June with us then please let me know. This will be just a cruise to Blowing Rock, shopping for the ladies and possibly a ride to Asheville via the Blue Ridge mountains. If you plan to go, send me an e-mail so I can compile a list. mrmach@cetlink.net ;)

Mr. Ed
04-22-2002, 11:10 PM
Carole will be accompanying Wilbur and me on the cruise.:thumbsup: :bounce:

Big Daddy
04-23-2002, 10:47 AM
My wife Evelyn and my two boys Jon and Drew will be attending. Could everyone also tell wether or not you will be going to Asheville after the group leaves Blowing Rock. I'm trying to get a block of rooms reserved for those interested in coming to Asheville.

STANGBUM
04-23-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Big Daddy
My wife Evelyn and my two boys Jon and Drew will be attending. Could everyone also tell wether or not you will be going to Asheville after the group leaves Blowing Rock. I'm trying to get a block of rooms reserved for those interested in coming to Asheville.

Wife Deb & son Brent will be going.
I think we will be going to Asheville!:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
But won't need a room:D :D :D

flynfink
04-24-2002, 05:49 PM
planning on it... Not sure 'bout Ashville yet.

97whitevert
04-24-2002, 05:55 PM
i think i am going... C will proably have to work..... so i'm not positive, and no asheville for us

redsnake99
04-24-2002, 05:57 PM
Carolyn & I plan to go, Asheville is a strong maybe.

:bounce:

Mr. Ed
04-24-2002, 10:17 PM
A capital idea! Would it be the Grove Park Inn, perhaps?

Big Daddy
04-25-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by elbcar
A capital idea! Would it be the Grove Park Inn, perhaps?

I don't think Grovepark was on the list of possibles! BUT I guess if you want to pony up the bucks a room could be gotten! :D :D ;)
Bring your clubs and you can play there golf course also! :D ;) ;) BTW that's only about 2 miles from my house!

cobrabitn
04-26-2002, 10:53 AM
I think we can do Asheville. How about the Renaissance Inn? It's $109.00 a night or we could do the Fairfield for $79.00 a night. Just a night out and away, I need that right now!:fart:

Mr. Ed
05-12-2002, 10:28 PM
Perhaps I missed the reply/thread, but I'm unsure of where anyone is staying or the logistics of this cruise for that matter. Maybe some info will be published soon. :confused:

Big Daddy
05-12-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by elbcar
Perhaps I missed the reply/thread, but I'm unsure of where anyone is staying or the logistics of this cruise for that matter. Maybe some info will be published soon. :confused:

There isn't an "official" place to stay I've checked on availability at the Fairfield Inn by the Airport and if you are interested please email me and I'll send you the information. The rest of the information on the cruise is posted on the main page. For anyone planning on going please email me and copy tony my email address is goswell@earthlink.net.

Thanks!!
Greg

Big Daddy
05-12-2002, 11:35 PM
OK!! There are two choices of Hotels in the Mariott Family of Hotels that have availability (our pres perfers these!!)

The Renaissance Hotel in Downtown rooms from $119.00
Phone 828-252-8211

OR

Fairfield Inn at the Airport rooms from $79.00
Phone 828-684-1144

For those coming to Asheville and staying I would suggest that you contact Tony and decide where you want to stay. I would stay with you folks but seeing as I LIVE HERE, I suppose I'll just sleep at my house!! :D ;)

NO 5 OH
05-15-2002, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Big Daddy
I would stay with you folks but seeing as I LIVE HERE, I suppose I'll just sleep at my house!! :D ;)

So does that mean when we get done with the festivities that weekend that the party's at your house ;) ;) :rotf: :rotf:

Big Daddy
05-15-2002, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by NO 5 OH


So does that mean when we get done with the festivities that weekend that the party's at your house ;) ;) :rotf: :rotf:

Nope party is on Patton Ave with the Ricers!! :D ;)

STANGBUM
05-15-2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Big Daddy


Nope party is on Patton Ave with the Ricers!! :D ;)
remember BD its mini's and compacts;) ;) ;) ;)

STANGBUM
05-15-2002, 11:08 AM
Not "RICERS" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

STANGBUM
05-15-2002, 11:10 AM
mini's are trucks and compacts are cars:D :D ;) ;) :spanked:

STANGBUM
05-15-2002, 11:46 AM
We will have fun with the ricers thou!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

NO 5 OH
05-17-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by STANGBUM
We will have fun with the ricers thou!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hmmm... doo I sense somebody perhaps running up their post count ;) ;)

butt all while being educational and informative :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

STANGBUM
05-29-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by NO 5 OH


Hmmm... doo I sense somebody perhaps running up their post count ;) ;)

butt all while being educational and informative :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wow, I have never been called educational:thumbsup:

STANGBUM
05-29-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by NO 5 OH


Hmmm... doo I sense somebody perhaps running up their post count ;) ;)

butt all while being educational and informative :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
or informative in a long time:eek: :eek:

STANGBUM
05-29-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by NO 5 OH


Hmmm... doo I sense somebody perhaps running up their post count ;) ;)

butt all while being educational and informative :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hmmmmm, running up what post count?;) ;) ;)

cobragb
05-29-2002, 03:05 PM
We need to have a place to meet up the people coming from Raleigh area in Winston Salem to pick up some additional Cobras. Maybe Haynes Mall?

cobrabitn
05-29-2002, 07:17 PM
Glen,

Check the website for your meet point. If that doesn't suit then let me know and we'll get Rich to update the WS meet point. Thanks,

Big Daddy
05-29-2002, 11:14 PM
I didn't have a meet point for the folks in Winston Salem!! SORRY!! :) The Mall sounds good as it is right on I40. The question is what time? The folks from Raleigh are supposed to leave at 7:30 AM. How long will it take you folks to get to Winston-Salem?? I figure it's 3:00 hrs total to Hickory??? I hope that is right. Will some of you Raleigh folks let me know if I'm in the ballpark? Thanks.

cobragb
05-30-2002, 10:32 AM
It takes 1.5 to 2 hours to get from Raleigh to Winston depending on the contruction in Greensboro. So, say 9:15 at the mall? There is an O' Charlie's at the first entrance to the mall off of the Interstate which would make a good meeting spot.

cobrabitn
05-30-2002, 12:13 PM
Big Daddy,

Can you fix the flyer and send it to Rich? Thanks!

Big Daddy
05-30-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
Big Daddy,

Can you fix the flyer and send it to Rich? Thanks!

You got it! Gandpubahbubba!!! :D :D ;)

flynfink
05-30-2002, 01:13 PM
two things.

1) Where are people staying in Asheville?

2) The flyer says the Charlotte group to take I85 to 321. From where we are meeting it, would be easier and quicker to go 73W to 321N, since I'm probably leading, that's my plan.

Jeff

97whitevert
05-31-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by flynfink


1) Where are people staying in Asheville?


Jeff

good question... we may decide to stay and would like to know

97whitevert
05-31-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by flynfink
two things.



2) The flyer says the Charlotte group to take I85 to 321. From where we are meeting it, would be easier and quicker to go 73W to 321N, since I'm probably leading, that's my plan.

Jeff

or you guys could come up 77 and meet us at the rest area between Statesville and Hickory like we did for the cruise last fall. if you leave exit 23 (or 25 whichever it is) it would be no more than 45 min to the rest area meet between 9:30 and9:45 there... the easterners will go by there too.

flynfink
05-31-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by 97whitevert


or you guys could come up 77 and meet us at the rest area between Statesville and Hickory like we did for the cruise last fall. if you leave exit 23 (or 25 whichever it is) it would be no more than 45 min to the rest area meet between 9:30 and9:45 there... the easterners will go by there too.

Sounds like a better plan..

97whitevert
05-31-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by flynfink


Sounds like a better plan..

cool beans....

cobrabitn
05-31-2002, 03:00 PM
Let's meet at the rest area. ;) I am not staying over night due to other obligations. Let me know what you guys are doing...

redsnake99
05-31-2002, 05:46 PM
Asheville hotels:
Grove park Inn full
Fairfield full
I've booked at the Renaissance for June 22.

Yeehah!


:D

97whitevert
05-31-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by redsnake99
Asheville hotels:
Grove park Inn full
Fairfield full
I've booked at the Renaissance for June 22.

Yeehah!


:D

Dave, can you guys meet us at the statesville/hickory rest area by 9:45?

redsnake99
05-31-2002, 08:46 PM
Yes, let's plan on that.

:bounce: :bounce:

flynfink
06-03-2002, 12:08 AM
Girlfriend says she wants to spent Sunday in Blowing Rock/Boone. Any suggestions on where to stay?

Big Daddy
06-03-2002, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
Let's meet at the rest area. ;) I am not staying over night due to other obligations. Let me know what you guys are doing...

Are you still coming to Asheville??

97whitevert
06-03-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by flynfink
Girlfriend says she wants to spent Sunday in Blowing Rock/Boone. Any suggestions on where to stay?


yeah i'll double check on the name.... meadowbrook inn? has a little pond in front, right on 321 though.... i will check and see if that is the name.. and lots of the usual chain places

97whitevert
06-03-2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by flynfink
Girlfriend says she wants to spent Sunday in Blowing Rock/Boone. Any suggestions on where to stay?

or the Chetola (sp?).....may be rather pricey.... and check on B&B's.....there should be several

97whitevert
06-03-2002, 12:08 PM
Jeff-- MEADOWBROOK!!!!!

in room jacuzzi, or pool, cabins... ROMANTIC!! go for it!!!!:thumbsup:

redsnake99
06-17-2002, 03:25 PM
Who's going on the Blowing Rock cruise from Raleigh and points east? Trying to determine if the Raleihg meet point is still needed. And what time we should leave that area to get to the rest stop between Statesville/Hickory by 9:45 on Saturday.

:D

97whitevert
06-17-2002, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by redsnake99
Who's going on the Blowing Rock cruise from Raleigh and points east? Trying to determine if the Raleihg meet point is still needed. And what time we should leave that area to get to the rest stop between Statesville/Hickory by 9:45 on Saturday.

:D

it's about a 3 hr drive... i think, at 70mph,......

Mr. Ed
06-17-2002, 11:52 PM
Wilbur, Carole & I will be staying at the Renaissance @ Thomas Wolfe Plaza. Hotel seems to be within blocks of "Patton Ave". I CAN'T WAIT to get some "rice" for Wilbur! CHOMP! CHOMP!:rotf: :thumbsup: :D