PDA

View Full Version : New to the club

The Infidel
07-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Wazup terminators... just a quickie. I know this has been beat up to death. I have read every post on hood shake. Just to make me sound like an idiot I wanted to ask this of everyone anyways. My hood only shakes inbetween 80 to 86 mph. It only shakes at the top near the winshield. I did raise the hood stoppers a quarter of an inch and its tight as it can be now. Is there anything I can do without putting holes in my hood by adding the hood pins?
thanks for any reply.

ausie
07-12-2010, 11:37 PM
I have driven my car at various insane speeds and never noticed the hood issue you described. Hood pins may be a insurance to prevent incidental release of the hood catch but probably not needed unless you drive the car at high speeds on a regular basis.

The Infidel
07-13-2010, 10:41 AM
I appreciate the response. The reason I put this out there is that I have never read anyone specifically talking about hood shake at the top end of the hood. With turning the hood stoppers a quarter of an inch it has the hood tight as can be on the low end, but not near my windshield.
Yes .. I find myself doing around 80 on a daily basis. People here in Texas will run you over if you go less.

tazzracing1
07-17-2010, 03:46 PM
I never had hood shake in my 03

ohiiicobra
07-18-2010, 11:35 PM
I never had hood shake in my 03

Me either.

JayTee
07-25-2010, 02:50 AM
I never noticed my hood shaking until my neighbor asked me about it on a road trip. It was very slight (but consistant) that day in the 80-90 MPH range, but it never appeared as though it was unstable enough to come open. I think it probably always does that because it weighs less than a steel hood.

Bottom line: It may shake occaisionally due to wind buffeting but I'm certainly not concerned about it from a safety or security perspective.