PDA

View Full Version : Blue Ridge/Deal's Gap Tour

STU
04-22-2002, 07:21 PM
Well Edith is excited about going on the Deal's gap tour. :thumbsup: Me too actually.

She may have a hold on my track days, but I can still scare the hell out of her in the mountains.:D

Let us know when to sign up.....

97whitevert
04-22-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by STU
Well Edith is excited about going on the Deal's gap tour. :thumbsup: Me too actually.

She may have a hold on my track days, but I can still scare the hell out of her in the mountains.:D

Let us know when to sign up.....

you gonna be here!!!!????? very cool!!! this is a trip NOT TO BE MISSED!!!!!!!!

HIGHLY RECCOMMEND!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

STANGBUM
04-22-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by 97whitevert

I had just joined the club last year when you went to deals gap and could not make it,( did meet some of you in Asheville when you stopped for lunch. I plan on going this year, don't want to miss it :cool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

STU
04-22-2002, 09:06 PM

Yep, As Tony knows we have been asking about it for some time. Really looking forward to it.

Everyone knows what a wave by is right?:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

97whitevert
04-22-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by STU

Yep, As Tony knows we have been asking about it for some time. Really looking forward to it.

Everyone knows what a wave by is right?:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

yeah i seem to recall waving by dave stanfield!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

tgentry
05-17-2002, 11:48 PM
Christa and I have our reservations and we'll be there!

Would it be wrong to use harnesses and helmets on a public road? :burnout:

cobrabitn
05-18-2002, 12:10 PM
Dave, have you made your reservations yet? You did get the information on it right?

STU
05-18-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
Dave, have you made your reservations yet? You did get the information on it right?

Yeah guys and gals. I have my room conformation pinned to the BB in my office. Have rooms for the 10th, 11th and 12th. in Pigeon Forge at the Country Inn and Suites. WhooHoo. We are really looking forward to it.

STU
05-18-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by tgentry

Cool Tom!! This is gonna be fun!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

flynfink
05-21-2002, 02:14 PM
I'd be interested to know how many rooms we currently have reserved??

97whitevert
05-21-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by flynfink
I'd be interested to know how many rooms we currently have reserved??

we have one...

STANGBUM
05-21-2002, 03:23 PM

we have one...

well that better be a "big un";) :D

flynfink
05-21-2002, 03:44 PM

Dave Stanfield did last year... OK maybe not the helmet LOL:eek:

97whitevert
05-21-2002, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by STANGBUM

well that better be a "big un";) :D

oh it is...it is:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

flynfink
05-30-2002, 11:53 AM
BTTT.

I've sent an e-mail requesting everyone going send me an e-mail back, letting me know if they are going and also if they are using the discount I arranged. Pls. do.

Also, here's the hotel info again.

Country Inns and Suites
204 Sharon Rd.
Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
local # 865-428-1194 (don't use for reservations)

I've got a rate of $116 per night for all of us. I
guaranteed 15 rms min. To get the rate, you need to call 1-800-523-3919 at use SCMC (of course !!!) to make the reservation.

It's the busiest weekend of the year, so..... Let's get rolling on the reservations, If we don't do it soon you may not have a room.. (I do.....)

N E ?'s

Jeff

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bad Pony
06-14-2002, 02:12 PM
I made my reservations this past week.... we are staying Fri, Sat and Sun night :)

97whitevert
06-27-2002, 04:37 PM
BTTT.

I've sent an e-mail requesting everyone going send me an e-mail back, letting me know if they are going and also if they are using the discount I arranged. Pls. do.

Country Inns and Suites
204 Sharon Rd.
Pigeon Forge, TN 37863

guaranteed 15 rms min. To get the rate, you need to call 1-800-523-3919 at use SCMC (of course !!!) to make the reservation.

It's the busiest weekend of the year, so..... Let's get rolling on the reservations, If we don't do it soon you may not have a room.. (I do.....)

N E ?'s

Jeff

never hurts to get this up again.....:thumbsup:

flynfink
06-27-2002, 04:42 PM
I ain't touching that one.......;) ;)

tgentry
06-27-2002, 04:47 PM

never hurts to get this up again.....:thumbsup:

Too easy. Straight lines like that are like shooting fish in a barrel! :rotf:

Big Daddy
06-27-2002, 05:39 PM

Too easy. Straight lines like that are like shooting fish in a barrel! :rotf:

I quit agree. I have a room reserved for two nights. I can't wait a weekend WITHOUT the kids!! :D ;)

97whitevert
06-27-2002, 05:57 PM
I ain't touching that one.......;) ;)

now your learning.... hey YOU took it that way....jeez......:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: LOL

flynfink
06-28-2002, 08:18 AM
BTTT.

Country Inns and Suites
204 Sharon Rd.
Pigeon Forge, TN 37863

N E ?'s

Jeff

BD, have you made reservations using the above??

Big Daddy
06-28-2002, 10:19 PM

BD, have you made reservations using the above??

Jeff,

Yes sir!! All set... For those of you who don't know they require a one night deposit on the room. I'm looking forward to cruising the tail! :D

STU
08-06-2002, 09:35 PM
Sounds like the bikers drive pretty crazy on Deal's Gap.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?&id=358464

Mr. Ed
08-06-2002, 09:54 PM
Roger4 on the Biker Wrecks!!:eek: Several deaths as recent as this week.:eek: Does not sound good!:( As a precaution, Wilbur will be bringing up the rear as a "tired old pack mule" that day. This for us equates to the word "SLOW". All others, wave as you go by.;)

flynfink
08-06-2002, 10:36 PM
more info here..

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

tgentry
08-16-2002, 11:25 AM
Christa has decided that we MUST go to DollyWood.

If we have at least 15 people that want to buy tickets we can get a group rate. Let me know if you're interested, I don't think we all have to go at the same time. Currently our plan is to go on Friday while you easterners are playing on the Blue Ridge, but that's subject to change.

97whitevert
08-16-2002, 11:32 AM
Christa has decided that we MUST go to DollyWood.

If we have at least 15 people that want to buy tickets we can get a group rate. Let me know if you're interested, I don't think we all have to go at the same time. Currently our plan is to go on Friday while you easterners are playing on the Blue Ridge, but that's subject to change.

Tom- I think you can safely count us out....:eek: :eek: :eek:

tgentry
08-16-2002, 11:34 AM
I've been looking at http://www.tailofthedragon.com/ occasionally and wondering what's going on with all those trucks on the wrong side of the double yellow?

Looks like whoever is on point better be extra cautious and double alert.

tgentry
08-16-2002, 11:38 AM

Tom- I think you can safely count us out....:eek: :eek: :eek:

Believe me, I understand.:rolleyes:

STU
08-16-2002, 12:23 PM
I've been looking at http://www.tailofthedragon.com/ occasionally and wondering what's going on with all those trucks on the wrong side of the double yellow?

Looks like whoever is on point better be extra cautious and double alert.

Yeah, I have been wondering why they are even on that road.

STU
08-16-2002, 12:27 PM
I think Edith and I will be arriving Thursday afternoon. That might give us a less busy day to check out the area. We also like the Branson type shows so we may book a couple of shows to see also.

http://www.mypigeonforge.com/index.asp

tnturbo
08-16-2002, 10:07 PM
For anyone interested in going to some of the shows in the Sevierville/Pigeon Forge area, post/PM/email me as I may be able to get you some discounted or possibly free tickets if I have a little advance warning. Something else to check out in the area is Floyd Garret's Muscle Car Museum. This place has a lot of classic muscle cars and other collectible type cars. Hot Rod magazine TV and My Classic Car have both been there to show off things. A plus is that it is relatively easy to get to as things in this area go. If you guys are planning to cruise around on Friday or Saturday, a friend of mine owns a store with a good sized lot right on 66 in Sevierville just before you turn onto the Parkway that would be willing to allow us to all gather there with no hassles.

Trucks on 129... lots of log trucks travel 129 and they will not hesitate to cross the yellow lines. I've had several people tell me that 129 cuts a lot of time off certain routes, but it can't be too fun to drive a big truck across there. Going on the weekends minimizes big truck encounters. Going later in the year minimizes the number of bikes on the road. I can assure you that this time of the year there WILL be bikes passing you in curves even if you are moving at a fast pace.

For those coming from the North and West, when you get ready let me know and I can advise you of alternate routes to avoid some of the TRAFFIC in the sevierville/pigeon forge area. You can go from Knoxville to downtown gatlinburg with very little traffic and almost no stop and go till you hit Gatlinburg. It is about 10 miles further, but is a scenic drive and can save a lot of time.

flynfink
08-19-2002, 07:21 PM
BTW, Route 129 is off limits to trucks. It's illegal and dangerous..

So watch out,
I won't make any disparaging remarks about truck drivers ( Tony....)

tgentry
08-19-2002, 11:54 PM
We'll be coming from the Chicago area, so any local routing information is appreciated. That reminds me, I need to order my triptik and maps soon. :cool:

cobrabitn
08-20-2002, 10:42 AM
LOL@Jeff. Jeff, I drive doubles and that actually would make it easier to go around the turns and more fun ;) But, I don't like taking short cuts, especially when there are a bunch of snakes in the road..

cobra9793
08-20-2002, 06:39 PM
Hey guys, Me and my wife and maybe my mother in law are planning on going if I can get off work on that friday, and staying till saturday afternoon. If any one could give me any more info on where to meet and anything else of importance I would appreciate it alot.

Thanks

flynfink
08-20-2002, 09:50 PM
The guys from RAL/Greensboro/W-S area will be cominig across I-40 and meetin the Charlotte and SC group at a rest area on i-40 just west of Statesville. Time will be posted later.
The hotel info for Friday and Sat. eve are posted on the web site, make sure to use the info there for the best rate.

PS. Leave the Mother-in-law home LOL

Jeff

cobrabitn
08-21-2002, 10:33 AM
David,

Take Jeff's advice. This weekend will not be for the faint at heart. ;) Just enjoy the wife for a weekend, I know I am going to enjoy being with mine. :bounce:

tnturbo
08-23-2002, 01:50 AM
There are a lot of things for the non-car interested ladies to do in the general area, several large outlet malls and such, not to mention the shows and such. As some people have suggested, two run groups might be best :D If I get my ducks in a row on a couple of mods :evil: I may cheat and run the dragon a few times between now and then. For those who have never been to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, traffic can be really bad, not so much for the guys coming from the Blue Ridge parkway and such though. The exit off I-40 is 407 btw. If there is a group coming together from the north and west, maybe we could all meet somewhere and cruise up. Alternate routes are available including a complete backway into the upper side of Gatlinburg from Sevierville. If traffic is moving the direct route is fastest, but it is hard to judge till you get there. I am trying to round up some of the locals so there will be a few more snakes around up there. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Maybe I can renew my dues in person :thumbsup:

Yellow98Snake
08-23-2002, 11:57 PM
Hello all,

How many members are attending this event? I will try to be in the area with my brother-in-law. I can't make promises as we have a newborn in the house as of August 9th.

Is there a schedule of events or a common meeting place?

I have been reading up on the Dragon, and it seems enforcement is very high now. www.tailofthedragon.com is saying that the TN speed limit has been changed to 30mph. :(

I grew up on a road that started out as a hog trail. Needless to say, it is very curvy. The speed limit used to be 55, but a bunch of whiny old men changed it to 45. There was only one fatality on this section of road in my lifetime, and that was caused by a left of center 4x4. It is only 4 miles long, but I had a lot of fun on it for many years before NCDOT ruined it.....

cobrabitn
08-24-2002, 05:43 AM
Believe me, at 30 mph, some parts of the road will be making you think you are going wide open. Right now, there are about 20 of us going! :bounce:

cobra9793
08-28-2002, 07:10 PM
Hello to all,
This is my first time posting a message and it is to say that I was able to get off on the friday of the Oct 11 and have made my reservations for the hotel and am going to be there. I hope to have a good time from what i've heard everbody talk about it i'm sure we will and I guess we'll see everybody then or at the autofair.

Thanks,
David & Tracie

tnturbo
08-28-2002, 07:27 PM
Is that 20 people with reservations? If so, you can add at least 1, probably 2 others. I am there for sure, and believe a friend of mine is coming as well. I am trying to get him to join up.

97whitevert
08-28-2002, 09:01 PM
David and Tracie-- welcome and enjoy-- hope to see you at the autofair!!

tnt..--- have you made hotel reservations???? that is the main thing that msut be done!!! see the hotel info on the main page!!

STU
08-28-2002, 09:12 PM
Edith and I reserved tickets to a couple shows. Louise Mandrell Thursday evening and Country Tonight Theater, Friday afternoon.

We have been to Dolly Wood a number of years ago. You will enjoy it. They have a lot of shows to see in the park also. A lot of real talent in the area.

cobrabitn
08-29-2002, 11:55 AM
I don't know if I am bringing the 94 Cobra or the 99. I want to take the 94 but the 99 is so much more fun. However, the OR pipe smell sucks!

Anyway, we are going to the Comedy Barn so we may just make our reservations for Friday night and maybe we can all go go-kart racing on Saturday night??? Anyone game? Garland?? :rotf:

STU
08-29-2002, 12:15 PM
Go Carts Saturday sounds good.

If you would like some company at the Comedy Barn reserve us two seats with yours also. Sounds fun. 8:15 show right?

cobrabitn
08-29-2002, 12:18 PM
Do you want to go Friday or Saturday night? yes, 8:15 pm.;)

STU
08-29-2002, 12:24 PM
Do you want to go Friday or Saturday night? yes, 8:15 pm.;)
Makes no difference to us, were flexible.

tgentry
08-29-2002, 01:29 PM
Go Karts are always fun! I think we could do the Comedy Barn to if you don't think the group size is getting out of hand.

flynfink
08-30-2002, 07:27 AM
Tony, Count Karen and I in for the Comedy Barn.

Also, I think my ribs are healed enough for Karting :thumbsup:

97whitevert
08-30-2002, 09:05 AM
count us in too!!!!! for the comedy barn and karting!!

redsnake99
08-30-2002, 09:08 AM
Tony, Carolyn & I would like to accompany the group to the Comedy Barn, either night.

cobrabitn
08-30-2002, 09:09 AM
Okay, Jacque is going to check availability for Friday night and I'll post here all the information.

They have an outside karting facility I think. That means we have to be at the hotel by 6:00 pm in order to change and whatever. Right now, the group is just us but I am sure others will want to join in. I just thought we could leave Saturday night open to kart and cruise with allof the rods that will be there.

I was just informed that I have to bring the 99 so I hope they like to smell my exhaust....:rotf:

I'll get back to you.....

cobrabitn
08-30-2002, 01:35 PM
Comedy Barn - October Blue Ridge Parkway Fall Cruise - Several of us will be going on the "Dragon Run" in October in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge TN. The Cruise dates are October 11-13, 2002, a three day event. Some of the group is also wanting to go to the Comedy Barn on Friday night in Pigeon Forge, TN. We can get a group rate of $15.00 per adult which is $5.00 off the regular price if we have 20 people going. Currently we have 12 people going and need 8 more to get this rate. The Comedy Barn is rated one of the funniest shows in America. It's Country Comedy so if that isn't your thing then you may not want to attend. I have blocked twenty seats so we can get the discount. We have two ways we can do this. Everyone sends a check made out to me by September 15, 2002, because we don't want to get the club money involved in this and I can purchase all the tickets for everyone that pays at one time or you can pay by 6:00 pm on Friday night. The first would be easier so maybe Dave can pick the tickets up on Thursday insuring we have our row of seats. We are mid ways up in the middle, a good section I hear.

If you plan to go then write a check for $15.00 per person to "Tony Sorrentino" and mail it to me:

Tony Sorrentino
1642 Huntmoor Dr
Rock Hill, SC 29732

Currently going are:

Tom and Christa Gentry
Dave and Edith Stuart
Tony and Jacque Sorrentino
Jeff and Karen Finkelstein
Lisa and Clarence Milstead
Dave and Carolyn Stanfield

Hope to see more of you at our "Blue Ridge Parkway Cruise/Dragon Run" this Fall.

flynfink
08-30-2002, 01:54 PM
tony, fyi, it's Karen Haines, we aren't married.

97whitevert
08-30-2002, 02:16 PM
hehehe i was gonna ask you when you got married..... :D:D

flynfink
08-30-2002, 02:49 PM
How did I know that was coming???? LOL

STU
08-30-2002, 03:02 PM
Checks in the mail.

We are honered that you have enough faith in us to pick up the tickets and trust that we would not stand out side of the door and immeadiately scalp them. :D :D

STU
08-30-2002, 03:04 PM
I was just informed that I have to bring the 99 so I hope they like to smell my exhaust....:rotf:

Hey, as long as you are behind me I don't care. :rolleyes: :rotf: :rotf:

97whitevert
08-30-2002, 03:22 PM
i nominate tony to bring up the rear!!!!!! :bounce::bounce:

97whitevert
08-30-2002, 03:24 PM
if ya scalp then dave, we all get a part of the profits!!!!

97whitevert
08-30-2002, 03:25 PM
How did I know that was coming???? LOL

you kinda like to think you know me!!!!;) ;)

redsnake99
08-30-2002, 05:58 PM
Tony, about your e-mail......"hope to see more of you". So far I plan on keeping my clothes on. Don't know about the rest of them. This Comedy Barn may be more than I expected.

:rolleyes:

STU
08-30-2002, 06:21 PM
if ya scalp then dave, we all get a part of the profits!!!!

LOL...The club even expects to make a profit of my shady activities? ;)

Looking forward to getting together with everyone again. :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
08-30-2002, 08:58 PM
We can now add David Ridgeway to the list.

Jeff, I knew you weren't married. I just thought I would test the rest of the group to see if they were paying attention. :rotf: Actually I couldn't remember her last name so I did the expedient thing. Will you forgive me?

cobrabitn
08-30-2002, 09:00 PM
Dave,

Keep your clothes on Pllllleeeeeeaaaassssseeeee. :rotf:

97whitevert
08-30-2002, 10:05 PM
like we believe it was a test toni; who do yo think we are??:eek:eek:

Mr. Ed
08-30-2002, 10:08 PM
Wilbur has similar "Bad Breath" with his MAC O/R pipe. He's also running richer since the install & takes up the habit of "smoking" under "rpm stress" in the "tunnels" at mountain elevations.:rotf: He takes heavy "nips" of fuel, but "nary" a drop of oil. Whew!:eek: Dennis McCreary and I discussed this and we concluded Wilbur's "smoking habit" was altitude & O/R pipe related. I know Fireball doesn't smoke at altitude like you said Wilbur was revving it in the tunnels, Tony, and I can't explain that either, since we run the same O/R pipes. Dennis can, perhaps. ;)

flynfink
08-31-2002, 10:09 AM
We can now add David Ridgeway to the list.

Jeff, I knew you weren't married. I just thought I would test the rest of the group to see if they were paying attention. :rotf: Actually I couldn't remember her last name so I did the expedient thing. Will you forgive me?

Silly boy, are we paying attention???:bounce: :bounce:

see what ya started.

BTW, I'll pay ya for the tickets when I see ya at AF.

redsnake99
09-03-2002, 10:42 AM
For the leadfoots (that includes me) who plan to attend the BPR & Deal's Gap tour, there were many Park Police on the BRP this past weekend, with radar, zapping all oncoming traffic.

Fortunately I was in the Explorer pulling a camper, thus not at Cobra speeds.

In October, we need a volunteer to go first, at speed, then radio back when he/she gets stopped. Then the rest of us can mozy on by, then speed up again. Flynfink????

:bounce: :bounce:

97whitevert
09-03-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by redsnake99
For the leadfoots (that includes me) who plan to attend the BPR & Deal's Gap tour, there were many Park Police on the BRP this past weekend, with radar, zapping all oncoming traffic.

Fortunately I was in the Explorer pulling a camper, thus not at Cobra speeds.

In October, we need a volunteer to go first, at speed, then radio back when he/she gets stopped. Then the rest of us can mozy on by, then speed up again. Flynfink????

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: i second the nomination for Jeff!!!:rotf:

flynfink
09-03-2002, 11:06 AM
Sweeping the bushes, eh... LOL

tgentry
09-03-2002, 11:12 AM
Helen also has a O/R pipe. Christa says it stinks, I say it just smells like exhaust now.

I guess someone with cats will have to take point! LOL

cobrabitn
09-03-2002, 11:52 AM
Oh, your car has a name too? Someone told me at one time this year that they thought naming a car was stupid. :rotf:

If it makes you happy to name it then why knock someone for it?:thumbsup:

Mr. Ed
09-03-2002, 08:55 PM
A "Capital Idea", Dave nominating the Flynfink!:bounce: But what else could you really expect from a Capital guy like yourself!(nothing to do with Raleigh or is it?) :thumbsup: :D

And whoever thinks that naming a car is "stupid" needs TO GET A LIFE!:mad:

97whitevert
09-05-2002, 06:09 AM
Any one that wants a sweatshirt for the dragon run, please let me know-- i need to know sizes. I will be gone for a week, so don't expect a quick response from me about it. No, I don't know cost yet, maybe Tony can give us an idea! I expect they will be gray. I know you will like the idea we have in mind.......:D:D

let me know at here or: lmilstead22@yahoo.com

flynfink
09-05-2002, 08:35 AM
Here's the proposed plan for Saturdays run at the Dragon.

Section one - Pigeon Forge to Tallasse, TN. 45 miles approx 1 Hr. we won't get to drive the neat road from Gatlinburg to the Foothills parkway :( But we''l have a great drive anyway.

Section 2 - Next up is the Dragon Run and what I'll call the loop. See the link for the route. We'll start the LOOP at Tallassee. 148 miles 3 3/4 hrs. plus lunch and gas stops.

http://motorcycles.cyril.com/dealpages/deals_gap.html

Section 3 - The run back to Pigeon Forge will be the reverse of section one.

So, 6 hrs and about 250 miles of driving. Let's make sure we all have topped off gas tanks and be ready to leave to hotel parking lot at 8:30 AM SHARP.

We'll have to be carefull due to speed limit enforcement. I WILL NOT be flying... Yeah right! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Any comments or suggestions? Oh, BTW, there are no bail out points on this route, once we hit Tallassee, and start Section Two, we're committed.

Jeff F.

cobrabitn
09-05-2002, 11:41 AM
Price of shirts depends on screen set up and colors used. A safe bet would be around $20.00 but if you have a huge order then it can be less. I'll take an XL please. ;)

Big Daddy
09-05-2002, 12:46 PM
Price of shirts depends on screen set up and colors used. A safe bet would be around $20.00 but if you have a huge order then it can be less. I'll take an XL please. ;)

Well I guess that would make mine a 2 or 3 XL lets go for the 3 XL just in case it shrinks! :D :D ;) ;)

tnturbo
09-08-2002, 05:14 PM
I would take one, but they never have my size 2XL tall.

Is everyone going to arrive in a group like last year? If so, what time do you expect to arrive? Anybody know how many people are confirmed now?

flynfink
09-08-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by tnturbo

Is everyone going to arrive in a group like last year? If so, what time do you expect to arrive? Anybody know how many people are confirmed now? [/B]

Yes, we'll be coming in together. I haven't got the route or met times set yet, but I'm targeting arriving NLT 4 PM.

Right now unofficial count is about 22 cars....

Spiffy668
09-09-2002, 09:12 AM
I've got my reservations and my better half and I will be there. :D Unless something changes, we won't be able to get there until late Friday because of classes but we'll be ready to go Sat. morning. :cool:

cobrabitn
09-09-2002, 09:14 AM
Cool Scott :thumbsup:

tnturbo
09-09-2002, 06:25 PM
Anybody going to the kart tracks? There are several to choose from. The NASCAR speedpark or something like that has the most to choose from and also the fastest racing. I think some of their cars go like 50 or 60 mph. They have 8 different tracks going on too. Only drawback is a little pricy, but so is everything else in Pigeon Forge. I am going to try to bring some other people out, maybe we can pick up a few new members :)

tgentry
09-09-2002, 06:30 PM
Karting is good, as long is it's not the karts where you just hold wide open throttle all the way around the track.

STU
09-09-2002, 08:09 PM
Karting is good, as long is it's not the karts where you just hold wide open throttle all the way around the track.

I agree, Karting can be a lot of fun.

cobrabitn
09-10-2002, 10:39 AM
Can you set up a Karting event for Saturday night? Are any of them indoors? if so, let's set them up, price is no factor with me. ;)

tgentry
09-10-2002, 11:40 AM
Can you set up a Karting event for Saturday night? Are any of them indoors? if so, let's set them up, price is no factor with me. ;)

Wow, sounds like Tony hit the lottery! :bounce:

tnturbo
09-10-2002, 06:31 PM
If cost is not a factor, the best option is the NASCAR Speedpark check out www.nascarspeedpark.com/sp_attr_smoky.htm

for more details. They have up to 5/8 scale race cars with 20hp honda engines that go 40 mph. Must have a valid drivers license for these and sign a release. They open at 11am and close at 11pm on Friday and Saturday if they are busy they will stay until 1am, close at 8pm on Sunday later if real busy. Standard cost is 24.95 for an unlimited ride arm band. This does not include the Smoky Mountain Speedway 5/8 scale cars. To ride them is $15 in addition to the arm band for 2 sessions. 15 or more people gets a group rate, 25 or more gets a further discount. No need to plan ahead, just show up and tell them how many. There is one of these in Myrtle Beach as well. Even the fastest ones are nothing like a shifter cart or some of the arena carts, but they are better than the typical go kart. On the 7 other tracks, there is a good chance that you will not have to let off the gas especially if you are my size. If you follow the line right, you generally don't have to let of the 5/8 cars either except for when people lose control and spin out.

cobrabitn
09-11-2002, 10:04 AM
I'm there, how about the rest of you??? :bounce:

Hope it doesn't rain!

tgentry,

I'm just taking out a loan from Brian and Dean. ;)

tgentry
09-11-2002, 12:38 PM
I was hoping for a Malibu Grand Prix but I guess in Tennessee NASCAR rules.

Christa and I are in!

STU
09-11-2002, 01:44 PM
Count me in....:thumbsup:

cobra9793
09-11-2002, 04:17 PM
I guess you can count me in to you guys.

Big Daddy
09-11-2002, 04:30 PM
I'm game... BUT I may have to go to one where my kids can drive... :( The teenager doesn't have a license yet and he'll be upset about not getting to drive. SO put me as a maybe. :D ;)

flynfink
09-11-2002, 05:07 PM
I'm in..

tnturbo
09-11-2002, 07:15 PM
Hey BD they've got you covered. They have 8 tracks at the one location and only one track requires a license. 2 or 3 have two seater carts for taking the little guys along with. The curvy slick tracks at the speedpark are pretty decent too. Sounds like we may have enough for an all SCMC race on the 1/4 mile oval. :cool: Does everybody know how to find NASCAR Speedpark? It is actually in Sevierville rather than Pigeon Forge. You can't really tell where one stops and the other begins anymore.

cobrabitn
09-12-2002, 10:29 AM
TnTurbo,

We'll need you as our guide for that event, can you handle that? ;)

Big Daddy
09-12-2002, 12:38 PM
Hey BD they've got you covered. They have 8 tracks at the one location and only one track requires a license. 2 or 3 have two seater carts for taking the little guys along with. The curvy slick tracks at the speedpark are pretty decent too. Sounds like we may have enough for an all SCMC race on the 1/4 mile oval. :cool: Does everybody know how to find NASCAR Speedpark? It is actually in Sevierville rather than Pigeon Forge. You can't really tell where one stops and the other begins anymore.

GREAT!! :D Then make me a FOR SURE! ;) :D :thumbsup:

Spiffy668
09-12-2002, 12:59 PM
We're in too!..

BTW, anyone know how long it'll take to get there from the Raleigh area? Yahoo tells me 7 hours, yeah right, and I'm still kinda new around here. :D

flynfink
09-12-2002, 01:20 PM
Who in the RAL area wants to organize the meet time and location for RAL (and points east) and pickup the group from the Traid Area to meet the group coming from Charlotte (and points south) ? Dave S????

BTW, The RAL group and CHA group will all meet at the reat area on I40 just west of Statesville (approx MM 138).

mustangmad
09-13-2002, 03:05 PM
I hope nobody minds, but we (wife and I) will be there in our Audi. The Cobra R is way too brutal to drive from South Florida. I could do it by myself but.........

tgentry
09-13-2002, 04:15 PM
I can accept an Audi, as long as there are no snakes on the side. :rotf:

cobra9793
09-13-2002, 05:20 PM
I could meet up with anyone that comes through Greensboro and head out from there since if from around the Hickory area orginally. If anyone wants to let me know. Thanks and see every one at the autofair.

tnturbo
09-14-2002, 09:47 PM
I suppose I can lead everyone around. The place we are going to is easy to find. Go to Sevierville and drive toward the interstate on 66 until you see the big sign. As the time gets closer, we will get everything finalized with regard to meeting place, time, and so on.

redsnake99
09-15-2002, 05:25 PM
Jeff, I'll be glad to organize the meet point and time for the Deal's Gap run East of Greensboro participants.

:D

Spiffy668
09-19-2002, 04:23 PM
Dave, how long you think it'll take to make the trip from Chapel Hill? Depending on when you guys leave, I may or may not be able to tag along. I have to pick Carol up at Duke at 11 and we'll be on our way from there. Any time you had planned on meeting up?

redsnake99
09-19-2002, 07:51 PM
We don't yet know the meeting time at the rest stop between Statesville and Hickory. That's where the east guys meet up with the south guys, heading west.

Still got a few weeks to work that out.

STU
09-28-2002, 09:39 PM
Any color change going on down there yet? Not much change here yet.

cobrabitn
09-28-2002, 10:49 PM
All I know is it will be peak week that week. We do have a little change but not much!

yl1
09-28-2002, 11:15 PM
I was just up on the Dragon in July on my motorcycle and the Tenn. side was repaved this spring. Who ever did the paving job deserves a gold medal as it is as smooth as a pool table. The bad part is that the police have been extra heavy up there since the new payment, they have been extra thick on weekends. Have fun as it is one great road. :D

tnturbo
09-29-2002, 12:50 AM
Color change around here seems to be behind schedule. I don't believe it will be the peak weekend this year, but you never know.

cobrabitn
09-30-2002, 12:20 AM
Updated list of attendees.....

Jeff Finkelstein & Karen Haines, 1999 Rio Red Cobra - Charlotte, NC

Thomas & Julia Bramblett, 1997 White Cobra - West Columbia, SC

Rick Soesbee, 1997 Pacific Green Cobra - Asheville, NC

Lisa & Clarence Milstead, 1997 White Cobra - Statesville, NC

Joey & Melissa Smith, 1999 Black Cobra- Warrior, AL

Tom & Christa Gentry, 1996 Mystic Cobra - Rockford, IL

Dave & Edith Stuart, 1994 Rio Red Cobra - Sturgis, MI

Tony & Jacque Sorrentino, 1999 Rio Red Cobra - Rock Hill, SC

Greg Oswell, 2001 White Cobra - Asheville, NC

Ed & Carole Burwell, 2001 Laser Red Cobra - Rock Hill, SC

Dirk & Page Wiedeman, 1999 White Cobra - Duluth, GA

David Valentine, 1997 Rio Red Cobra - Corbin, KY

Rich & Marge Riley, 1998 Chrome Yellow Cobra - Concord, NC

Dave & Carolyn Stanfield, 1999 Rio Red Cobra - Raleigh, NC

Glen Bounds, 2003 Torch Red Cobra - Winston Salem, NC

Jeffrey Miller, 1996 Black Cobra - Rutledge, TN

Rob & Janine Maurer, 1993 Black Cobra - Lexington, SC

Garland Farris & Janine Klotz, 1999 Black Cobra - Greensboro, NC

Kathy & Kaz Romanczyk, 1999 Rio Red Cobra - Harbinger, NC

Scott Shipley, 1995 Rio Red Cobra - Chapel Hill, NC

David Ridgeway, 1997 Rio Red Cobra - Randleman, NC

Roy & Denise Redd, 2001 White Cobra - Charlotte, NC

George & Robert Clark, 1995 White Cobra - Conyers, GA

:bounce:

Yellow98Snake
10-02-2002, 10:36 PM
You can add me and my brother-in-law to that list!

Jeremy Edwards, 1998 Chrome Yellow Cobra Convertible, New Bern, NC.

The wife reserved a big room with three queen beds at the Ramada in Pigeon Forge for that weekend. We were holding out for a cabin, but we wanted to stay only two nights, and the minimum for a cabin is three. We waited till the last minute in the hopes someone would rent out a cabin for two nights, but it didn't pan out. I will be bringing the wife, my new son, the in-laws, my brother-in-law and his girlfriend. However, my brother-in-law and I would only like to tackle the Dragon with the club on Saturday. I would like to meet up with the club at the Comfort Inn parking lot to join in the festivities Saturday morning.

I hope I can keep up :cool:

tgentry
10-03-2002, 12:09 AM
It appears that we have the dubious honor of traveling the farthest to join this parade.

That's OK, I know some of you have a long haul to Council Bluffs, IA later in the month.

Big Daddy
10-03-2002, 10:20 AM
It appears that we have the dubious honor of traveling the farthest to join this parade.

That's OK, I know some of you have a long haul to Council Bluffs, IA later in the month.

Darn tootin!! :D ;) 1100 miles for me and longer for Tony and Dave S. Dave S should be around 1400 miles!!! WOW! I think he should get a plaque for that one! :D :D :D ;)

cobrabitn
10-03-2002, 11:12 AM
1200 miles for both Dave and I. He may have me edged by a couple of miles.... :)

flynfink
10-03-2002, 03:58 PM
Jeff Miller, contact me ASAP, pls. 704-651-2509

Bad Pony
10-05-2002, 08:05 AM
We won't be able to make it, cancelled our reservations this week, hope you guys and gals have fun this coming weekend...

redsnake99
10-05-2002, 06:08 PM
BP, sorry you can't make the trip. I was looking forward to seeing you two and hearing that super-fine exhaust system on that Bad Pony.

:(

cobrabitn
10-06-2002, 11:46 PM
Add Roger and Connie Pinson to the trip. They have run Deal's Gap a lot with their motorcycles. They own a 2003 Black Cobra Convertible.

We'll miss you Joey, I know you'll miss running with us. :(

flynfink
10-07-2002, 08:06 AM
List as of 10/7 24 cars

Jeff Finkelstein & Karen Haines, 1999 Rio Red Cobra - Charlotte, NC
Thomas & Julia Bramblett, 1997 White Cobra - West Columbia, SC
Rick Soesbee, 1997 Pacific Green Cobra - Asheville, NC
Lisa & Clarence Milstead, 1997 White Cobra - Statesville, NC
Tom & Christa Gentry, 1996 Mystic Cobra - Rockford, IL
Dave & Edith Stuart, 1994 Rio Red Cobra - Sturgis, MI
Tony & Jacque Sorrentino, 1999 Rio Red Cobra - Rock Hill, SC
Greg Oswell, 2001 White Cobra - Asheville, NC
Ed & Carole Burwell, 2001 Laser Red Cobra - Rock Hill, SC
Dirk & Page Wiedeman, 1999 White Cobra - Duluth, GA
David Valentine, 1997 Rio Red Cobra - Corbin, KY
Rich & Marge Riley, 1998 Chrome Yellow Cobra - Concord, NC
Glen Bounds, 2003 Torch Red Cobra - Winston Salem, NC
Jeffrey Miller, 1996 Black Cobra - Rutledge, TN
Rob & Janine Maurer, 1993 Black Cobra - Lexington, SC
Garland Farris & Janine Klotz, 1999 Black Cobra - Greensboro, NC
Kathy & Kaz Romanczyk, 1999 Rio Red Cobra - Harbinger, NC
Scott Shipley, 1995 Rio Red Cobra - Chapel Hill, NC
David Ridgeway, 1997 Rio Red Cobra - Randleman, NC
Roy & Denise Redd, 2001 White Cobra - Charlotte, NC
George & Robert Clark, 1995 White Cobra - Conyers, GA
Jeremy Edwards, 1998 Chrome Yellow Cobra Convertible, New Bern, NC.
Dave & Carolyn Stanfield , 99 Rio Red Cobra Convertible, Raleigh, NC
Roger and Connie Pinson, 2003 Black Cobra Convertible

tnturbo
10-07-2002, 06:09 PM
It looks like I am not going to make the run on the Dragon, though I will be there for the go kart riding and hopefully Friday night as well. Over the weekend, my girlfriend was driving the Cobra and introduced the frontend to a parking lot pole :mad: :( Looks like new bumper cover for the front and new corner light as well. Not worth turning in on the insurance due to the rate increase. My car has never even been scratched before this. Most likely will be driving one of the old farm trucks up this weekend. Still looking forward to the get together though.

tgentry
10-10-2002, 03:37 PM
I'll be picking up the shirts and pointing the car towards Pigeon Forge tonight. We expect to arrive around noon.

See y'all there! (Just practicing :thumbsup: )

tnturbo
10-10-2002, 04:35 PM
For anyone coming in by themselves or from the west, the exit off I-40 to go directly to Pigeon Forge is 407. If anybody has problems or questions or is lost or whatever, my home phone # is 865-522-5427. I am taking off work tomorrow and will hopefully ride up to PF Friday evening if it isn't too rainy. I've decided to just drive the Cobra messed up bumper and all since this is a once a year thing.
FYI, the local Sevierville radio station is 105.5, they give traffic reports for the area.
As you guys proceed up 66 through Sevierville and into Pigeon Forge, you will see the Comedy Barn and the Nascar Speedpark along the route.
Hope to see you all there. Have a fun and safe trip.
Jeff Miller

redsnake99
10-13-2002, 04:34 PM
What a great weekend! Leaves weren't vibrant yet, but WTH. We gobbled up those mountain roads with no mishaps other than a clutch and one speeding ticket.

Thanks, Jeff, for all the hard work putting this together.

Idea for next year, let's do a beach trip in an off month, like spring or fall. Avoid the crowds.

It's so much fun to get a big group together for more than just a car show or a track day. Comedy Barn was funny, Thomas did us proud!

Great club, Tony...thanks to you, Lisa, all the others who put in time for the rest of us to reap the benefits.

cobragb
10-13-2002, 09:30 PM
Yes, thanks to everyone for making it a great weekend! It was lots of fun breaking in the car right!

Glen

Yellow98Snake
10-13-2002, 09:41 PM
This weekend was a blast! :thumbsup: I hope I didn't hold too many of you up. I have come to the conclusion that the Cobra's handling limits are higher than my own. In spite of the spirited driving and 4.30 gears, I managed nearly 20mpg over the 200+ miles we did Saturday.

I got to meet some good people as well.

Oh yeah, we had one casualty; I came to slay the dragon, but got a suicidal squirrel instead.

RIP tree-rat.:eek:

Big Daddy
10-13-2002, 11:23 PM
Once again another great get together with the SCMC!! This club and it's members are the best!! Thanks for the great weekend and all the planning and all the hard work getting it together!! The Tail of the Dragon was a blast and the rest of the day was outstanding. As for gas milage I was close to track miles...about 10 to the gallon!! :D :D :D ;) Of course I was running in the A group!! ;) ;)

cobrabitn
10-14-2002, 12:15 AM
Glen,

You and I had a great time catching up to the rest of the crowd, huh? BTW, you made the right choice by keeping the Torch Red droptop. I have about 75 pics from the event so there should be plenty to see. ;) I'll try to get them to Rich as soon as I can.

STU
10-14-2002, 07:53 AM
Thanks Jeff, Tony and everyone else for the great time this weekend. The Comedy Barn was a real hit and Saturdays 200 mile drive-O-curves was fantistic!

I'll try to get pictures posted soon.

97whitevert
10-14-2002, 09:04 AM
WHAT A BLAST!!!!!

kevin
10-14-2002, 10:24 AM
sounds like you folks had a great time. glad to hear it:thumbsup:

97whitevert
10-14-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by kevin
sounds like you folks had a great time. glad to hear it:thumbsup:

you ought to try to come next year!!:thumbsup:

cobrabitn
10-14-2002, 10:56 AM
Nice pic for the screensaver to come up...

97whitevert
10-14-2002, 11:03 AM
what a good looking group!!!!!! :D:D

Spiffy668
10-14-2002, 11:46 AM
We had a great time. Great people, nice weather, beautiful scenery, plentiful curves, what more could one ask for? :D

97whitevert
10-14-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Spiffy668
We had a great time. Great people, nice weather, beautiful scenery, plentiful curves, what more could one ask for? :D not to have to come back to work.......:(

tgentry
10-14-2002, 12:46 PM
Thanks to everybody, including the weather man, for a great weekend. We had a blast chasing red Cobras through the mountains. The roads were excellent and the company was better!

I shot in-car video through The Dragon and should have it in Mpeg form this evening.

BTW, it's currently 52 degrees here :(

redsnake99
10-14-2002, 02:36 PM
About that picture......Jeff and Karen finally sobered up.

97whitevert
10-14-2002, 02:46 PM
About that picture......Jeff and Karen finally sobered up.

did they????? last i saw them they were still, ahem, flying....

too funny dave!!!! and you say it with such sincerity in your voice!:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

STU
10-14-2002, 03:51 PM
Thanks to everybody, including the weather man, for a great weekend. We had a blast chasing red Cobras through the mountains. The roads were excellent and the company was better!

I shot in-car video through The Dragon and should have it in Mpeg form this evening.

BTW, it's currently 52 degrees here :(

OHHHH....I need to see that Tom!!! Since I was the Red Cobra in front of you. :D

Actually I think the correct wording is "You were the Mystic Cobra filling my rear view mirror." :eek:

STU
10-14-2002, 08:13 PM
Deals Gap event pictures

http://cobrapages.com/dealsgaptour/index.htm

97whitevert
10-14-2002, 09:28 PM
Dave- those are great !!!

( well a couple of personal exceptions)

tgentry
10-15-2002, 10:52 AM
Excellent pics Dave. Even a couple of Jake the Snake!!! :thumbsup:

redsnake99
10-15-2002, 01:21 PM
Gas mileage Saturday at the Gap, about 6 to 7 MPG.
Gas mileage Sunday on my trip back to Raleigh, 22.7 MPG.

:eek:

Big Daddy
10-15-2002, 01:29 PM

Well Dave if you were getting 6 to 7 on Saturday I must have been getting 5...I almost ran out just before lunch! I got the low fuel warning light to come on and my car hates to be low on fuel!!! :eek: :eek:

BTW GREAT PICTURES!! almost forgot that was what we were talking about!

cobrabitn
10-15-2002, 01:36 PM
Good times with friends......PRICELESS! :bounce:

97whitevert
10-15-2002, 02:14 PM
we need a "special" award for Thomas !!!!!! :D:D:D

flynfink
10-15-2002, 02:53 PM

For the 212 miles on the Sat loop, I averaged 16.8 MPG.

Rest of trip just over 24.

BTW. on Sunday, Karen and I drove the Blue Ridge from Ashville to Crabtree Meadows. NEVER do this on a fall weekend. I followed a Caddy at 15 mph and he slowed to almost 5 MPH in the tight corners. It took me a while to get passed him. Then mini-van, then pickup truck, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH :mad: :mad: :mad:

"It hurts my motor to go slow"

Also, park rangers were out in force w/ radar.

We did get a nice hike in to Crabtree Falls and then got the heck off of the parkway.;) ;) ;)

tgentry
10-15-2002, 03:02 PM

I never would have figured Jeff fora James Taylor fan.

redsnake99
10-15-2002, 03:27 PM
How about a floppy felt hat with SCMC logo on it for Thomas.

STU
10-15-2002, 03:50 PM
How about a floppy felt hat with SCMC logo on it for Thomas.

Actually, I thought the hair made him look rather distinguished. (but repeatedly checking his fly did detract from that a little.) :rolleyes:

cobrabitn
10-16-2002, 01:35 PM
pic of the mountain cruise. I have about 75 of them and are working on getting them finished.

cobrabitn
10-16-2002, 01:37 PM
another

flynfink
10-16-2002, 02:16 PM
I never would have figured Jeff fora James Taylor fan.

Why, yes I am..

Spiffy668
10-16-2002, 03:20 PM
LOL, from tailofthedragon.com

Saturday, Oct 12 2002: An even mix of cruisers and sportbikes enjoyed the good weather on the Dragon. Road conditions were very good with only a few damp corners. We also noted two Cobras, a new Mini Cooper, bicycle riders, and one naked sportbike rider.

97whitevert
10-16-2002, 06:38 PM
For the 212 miles on the Sat loop, I averaged 16.8 MPG.

Rest of trip just over 24.

BTW. on Sunday, Karen and I drove the Blue Ridge from Ashville to Crabtree Meadows. NEVER do this on a fall weekend. I followed a Caddy at 15 mph and he slowed to almost 5 MPH in the tight corners. It took me a while to get passed him. Then mini-van, then pickup truck, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH :mad: :mad: :mad:

Also, park rangers were out in force w/ radar.

We did get a nice hike in to Crabtree Falls and then got the heck off of the parkway.;) ;) ;)

add caddies to camry's, goldwings and minivans......:mad: :mad: :mad:

Big Daddy
10-16-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Spiffy668
LOL, from tailofthedragon.com

Saturday, Oct 12 2002: An even mix of cruisers and sportbikes enjoyed the good weather on the Dragon. Road conditions were very good with only a few damp corners. We also noted two Cobras, a new Mini Cooper, bicycle riders, and one naked sportbike rider.

Sounds like they were asleep at the overlook. They only noticed TWO Cobra's????? I wonder just how many naked sportbike riders there really were??:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

cobragb
10-17-2002, 10:13 AM
Well, we did pass by those guys really fast..., maybe they blinked! ;)

Mr. Ed
10-17-2002, 09:59 PM
Carole & I thoroughly enjoyed it!:thumbsup: Wilbur tips his oatbag/"rice"bag(Greg O.) depending upon your "class" of vehicle to everyone on the trip. A special "Thanks" to Jeff for planning & organizing the events. Last year's trip was fun, but this year's was totally "Top Shelf".:thumbsup: Dragon Run was awesome! Well orchestrated, Jeff! Great Job! Lisa: Good job on the shirts also. Thanks!:thumbsup: Comedy Barn was totally HYSTERICAL! :rotf: :D :D

97whitevert
10-18-2002, 09:42 AM
PEOPLE that got SHIRTS!!!

wash in cold water, line dry if possible, if not then LOW HEAT ONLY!! to refresh color use an iron over a piece of paper.

tgentry
10-18-2002, 10:09 AM
PEOPLE that got SHIRTS!!!

wash in cold water, line dry if possible, if not then LOW HEAT ONLY!! to refresh color use an iron over a piece of paper.

And absolutely NO BLEACH! FWIW, I have some other shirts from the same place, same process and have no problem with normal machine wash and dry, just NO BLEACH!

Did I mention, NO BLEACH? :bounce:

Yellow98Snake
10-18-2002, 03:05 PM

That movie done yet?

tgentry
10-18-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Yellow98Snake
That movie done yet?

Sorry, I ran into some computer problems (low on HD space). It's on my to-do list for this weekend.

Spiffy668
10-18-2002, 04:00 PM
hehe, treat your PC like a car. If it's broken or not adequate, UPGRADE! :D

tgentry
10-23-2002, 09:17 AM
I have the video captured and I'm tweaking it a bit. It's about 20 min. long so it's a big file. I'm hoping to give Tony a couple versions of it at MAM.

Mpeg1 is about 250mb!!! I'll also render some lower quality versions.

If anyone has the ability to host such a file let me know.

STU
10-23-2002, 02:33 PM
I have the video captured and I'm tweaking it a bit.

By "Tweaking it a bit" do you mean you are removing the parts where you are yelling at me to get out of your way? :D :rotf: :rotf:

97whitevert
10-23-2002, 04:51 PM
ahhhhhhhh poor dave..... butt it was soooooooo much fun!! you two up for it next fall???? :D:D:D

tgentry
10-23-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by STU
By "Tweaking it a bit" do you mean you are removing the parts where you are yelling at me to get out of your way? :D :rotf: :rotf:

Quit complaining Dave, you're the star of the video! :thumbsup: I considered giving you credit on the video, but ultimatley decided we don't need "evidence".

Actually I'm spicing it up with titles and music.:eek:

STU
10-23-2002, 07:01 PM
ahhhhhhhh poor dave..... butt it was soooooooo much fun!! you two up for it next fall???? :D:D:D

Right now that's a big 10/4. Not sure about Edith on the Deal's Sprint...I mean tour. http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/pukeface.gif :D

cobra9793
10-24-2002, 11:09 PM
I just want to let Tony , Jeff and everyone else from the trip to the mountains know that I thank you for your help and support.
Also that I am finally in a group of people that are friends and that really care about each other and I'm glad to be apart of this group. I hope to be able to do more and participate in upcoming activites. I really enjoyed the trip considering what happened :( :( . I would also like to say I'm glad that Thomas made it home alright and good luck with your repairs and hope to see you on the road soon. Thanks again to everyone and I can't wait till our next meeting again soon.

97Whitesnake
10-28-2002, 09:23 PM
I also wanted to thank everyone for there help and advice with my clutch situation. We made it home without a problem and the clutch has now been replaced.
Thomas
The Funky Chicken

redsnake99
10-28-2002, 11:27 PM
We showed the video from Comedy Barn at our pizza dinner up at Omaha, after Saturday at the track. You WERE the star, Thomas!

Yellow98Snake
05-14-2003, 08:37 PM
It's a shame no one posted pics of our Dragon Run @ www.tailofthedragon.com

Maybe this year....

Mr. Ed
05-14-2003, 10:49 PM
STU....... You won't need 'em unless you're following the "Fink" anywhere along our route.:eek: :rotf: :D

Yellow98Snake
05-14-2003, 11:00 PM
Disregard.....

Big Daddy
05-15-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by elbcar
STU....... You won't need 'em unless you're following the "Fink" anywhere along our route.:eek: :rotf: :D

Following "Fink" DON'T you really mean ME! ;) ;) ;) :D

flynfink
05-15-2003, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by Big Daddy
Following "Fink" DON'T you really mean ME! ;) ;) ;) :D

Fast car, Slow driver..... LOL

Big Daddy
05-15-2003, 09:43 AM
Fast car, Slow driver..... LOL

Gee I didn't see you in the first group last year "FINKSTER"!! ;) ;) You were hanging out with the slow groups...you going to try and hang with the big boys this year??? :doubt: :doubt:

flynfink
05-15-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Big Daddy
Gee I didn't see you in the first group last year "FINKSTER"!! ;) ;) You were hanging out with the slow groups...you going to try and hang with the big boys this year??? :doubt: :doubt:

J/K Actually I led the intermediate group for two reasons, 1) Didn't want to get my date car sick, 2) no one seemd to want to and as event leader I stepped up. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Trust me, I can hang, Just ask Dirk and Page..

Hope you can make it this Sat. and that the weather gods cooperate for Drag Day.

L8TR

tnturbo
05-15-2003, 05:15 PM
If I remeber correctly, the 2nd group passed the 1st group at one point. ;)

Big Daddy
05-15-2003, 06:22 PM
If I remeber correctly, the 2nd group passed the 1st group at one point. ;)

You're right when we stopped to let the traffic ahead of us clear out! :thumbsup: ;) :D

cobra9793
05-15-2003, 08:11 PM
I'm just going to have fun this year and try and keep up with every one. I'll just have to see.:D

97whitevert
05-15-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by cobra9793
I'm just going to have fun this year and try and keep up with every one. I'll just have to see.:D just dont keep up TOO much.....:eek:

cobra9793
05-16-2003, 04:21 PM
Lisa,
I didn't mean i was going to keep up like last year:( . I'm going to go at a good pace and enjoy with my gps.

97whitevert
05-16-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by cobra9793
Lisa,
I didn't mean i was going to keep up like last year:( . I'm going to go at a good pace and enjoy with my gps. i kinda figured that, david! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

STU
05-19-2003, 09:31 PM
Have you guys picked a motel for this year yet? Going back to the Comedy barn again? :D

flynfink
05-19-2003, 09:35 PM
Working on that now. Going to be staying in Gatlinburg this year.

More to come.

97whitevert
05-19-2003, 09:40 PM
jeff- lets get working on this- when you get home i guess....can you say road trip???? (yes in the vert so she don't get too sad.....;))

flynfink
06-03-2003, 04:12 PM
Hotel Link -

I'm making arrangements right now - don't call yet.

http://www.edgewater-hotel.com/

STU
06-04-2003, 07:24 AM
Anybody think this would be any good?

http://www.sweetfannyadamstheatre.com/index.htm

flynfink
06-04-2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by STU
Anybody think this would be and good?

http://www.sweetfannyadamstheatre.com/index.htm

He's got too much mascara, but she's kinda cute.

You thinking Friday eve?

STU
06-04-2003, 07:53 AM
He's got too much mascara, but she's kinda cute.

You thinking Friday eve?

Yeah, it is just a idea, but I thought everyone had great time at the Comedy Barn last year......And I think Thomas would look good in mascara. :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
06-04-2003, 11:52 AM
Personally, I'd like to go back to the Comedy Barn but remember, we will have to drive to it this time. No walking across the street.

:rolleyes:

97whitevert
06-04-2003, 12:04 PM
The point to staying 'in town' is to not have to drive anywhere once we are in. :eek::eek:

Wanted things to be within walking distance... right??

34Ford
06-08-2003, 09:06 PM
Well I guess I have been under a rock all these years, but Im just now finding out about Deal's gap:eek:

I have sit here reading every posts you guys have left and Im just now finding the Tail Of The Dragon's website.

I gotta lot of catching up to do. Maybe I can join you guys this fall.:thumbsup:

Dennis

johnbasf
06-08-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by 34Ford
Well I guess I have been under a rock all these years, but Im just now finding out about Deal's gap:eek:

I have sit here reading every posts you guys have left and Im just now finding the Tail Of The Dragon's website.

I gotta lot of catching up to do. Maybe I can join you guys this fall.:thumbsup:

Dennis

I want your garage. Does it have a lift??? :D

97whitevert
06-09-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by 34Ford

Dennis you should join us-- it is a great time!

34Ford
06-09-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by johnbasf
I want your garage. Does it have a lift??? :D

Nope:( No lift. 8 foot ceiling is a little low for one.

But I was glad just to have a concrete pad;) after working in the yard for so long.

Dennis

Hazman
06-12-2003, 05:15 PM
Looking forward to meeting more SCMC folks. What are the dates for this adventure?

97whitevert
06-12-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Hazman
Looking forward to meeting more SCMC folks. What are the dates for this adventure? Oct 17-19. it is a GREAT trip! ask anyone that has been on the first two!!:bounce:

Mr. Ed
07-11-2003, 10:48 PM
Carole & I are "In". Wilbur, also! He promises not to create any tunnel "cave-in's". :eek: :rotf:

Mr. Ed
07-11-2003, 10:51 PM
Could be a loooong walk from Gatlinburg, huh?:eek: :D :rotf:

STU
07-14-2003, 09:08 PM
Darn, since the Mississippi cruise and the Deal's Gap are so close together, looks like we have to choose just one this year. Since we haven't been along the Mississippi before I think we are going to check it out this year.

grumpynlovinit
07-14-2003, 11:00 PM
Gosh I'd like to be there. I suppose it would be sacriledge to put a trailer hitch on my Cobra and bring the sportbike too??? Has anyone EVER put a trailer hitch on a Cobra??? :)

flynfink
07-14-2003, 11:18 PM
I have a 1 1/4 reciever under mine that I put a bicycle carrier on. Dennis M. (poolman) has one that he uses to haule a small trailer with his RR tires, jack etc. I think Dave Stuart has one too.

Can't even see mine unless you get under the car. I may wind up buying a sport bike soon, but would haul it with the P/U truck.

bitn03
07-20-2003, 09:28 PM
On our way to Helen this weekend, we went through the Tail of the Dragon! WAY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I highly recommend this trip. Just one piece of advice....please make sure you car is up to par on everything...including brake pads, coolant, etc. Just speaking from experience!!!! Be sure to make your reservations NOW because we only have 30 rooms reserved and it is Peak Leaf Weekend at Gatlinburg and there are NO ROOMS!!!!!! SEE YOU THERE!!!!:bounce: