PDA

View Full Version : Corbeau LG1 Seats

JayTee
07-25-2010, 04:23 AM
Has anyone upgraded their Cobra with Corbeau seats? If so can you upload some pictures?

I'm considering the leather LG1's but wondered why it's not a popular upgrade.

JT

puzzle13
07-26-2010, 05:50 PM
I put a set of Corbeau seats (not leather) in my 66 Mustang and it raised the seat height a great deal. Also have Corbeau race seats in my 03 Cobra. The Corbeau seats are okay, but your stock seats are better. If you are going to upgrade look into a better seat. A buddy of mine has a set of Cobra seats in his 99 Cobra Vert and they are nice and comfortable. Corbeau seats are what I would consider average seats, lower cost, and that is why I have them currently, but am looking to upgrade when I find a good fitting race seat.

*****If you pull out your stock Cobra seats from the 03-04 years, make sure you sell them for a good price as they are highly sought after. I sold mine for $500.00 and I had people standing in line to buy them. I could have sold many sets at that price. The GT boys that are doing Cobra clones search for them daily.

JayTee
07-27-2010, 05:28 AM
I would've thought the Corbeau seats were a higher quality... that probably explains why everybody else is keeping their stock Cobra seats. I love the high back shape of the LG1 seats though.

Thanks.

puzzle13
07-27-2010, 09:47 PM
You can get that same seat style with other brands. I thought more of the Corbeau seats until I purchased a few sets. Not to say they are bad seats, because some are really nice, but the stock seats are actually really good seats.

I would've thought the Corbeau seats were a higher quality... that probably explains why everybody else is keeping their stock Cobra seats. I love the high back shape of the LG1 seats though.

Thanks.