PDA

View Full Version : Need Help on Selecting/Finding T-56

SuperG
09-23-2010, 01:51 PM
My T-45 finally threw its guts...so I am looking at this as an opportunity to get the T56...I have heard about the Viper Spec something something...is that important? I need to find out more about the tranny and its selection, then find a shop in Dallas/Ft Worth to install it...That's where the car crapped out.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Mystic_Cobra
09-28-2010, 05:51 PM
I just broke my 4th T45 in my American Iron car. I decided to upgrade and went with the T56 Magnum (close ratio) from D&D. Not cheap, but sweet! It's the nicest shifting transmission I've ever shifted! If the literature is correct, this thing should outlast the car. It's rated at 700 ft lbs. More than double the rating of the T45.
I had to shorten my driveshaft and switch clutch disc. Also had to move my trans crossmember forward a bit. That's it.
All in all, not a bad job. I took the opportunity to swap rear gears too, now that I have a real 5th gear. Can't wait to see how it drives with more rear gear in it.

SuperG
09-28-2010, 07:16 PM
Welll, I am not racing, so in the end I went with stock since the t-56 was considerably more expensive. But I would consider the magnum if this one is short lived.