PDA

View Full Version : Tires

rs16
01-25-2011, 02:43 PM
My left front came apart at 70 mph on the interstate Sunday afternoon. Impressed by the way the car behaved + there was no damage. All that were left were the two sidewalls.....:eek:

I think they were the originals, I'm assuming (it's a '04 with 12,330 miles) so I figure they all should be changed.

Any suggestions ? I'd like to save a little money, but it's not the main issue. The only time I'm real aggressive with it is on "The Dragon". :doubt:

cobrabitn
01-25-2011, 09:49 PM
My tires on my Mystichrome did the same thing. That sucks that those tire walls came apart. I let a guy drive my Pace car to MB last year and he said the tire wall was toast. Unbelievable!

There are numerous types of tires out there and all have their pluses and minuses. I usually shoot for a high mileage tire with a Z rating if one does such exist. :P

Ragtop Cobra
01-25-2011, 10:06 PM
I've got Toyo Proxy4 and I like them quiet firm hold the road and the price is good got them at tire direct.com :thumbsup:

ausie
01-03-2012, 08:20 AM
Toyo Proxy T1R on 18 inch wheels are awsome tires. I was considering the Toyo proxes R1R or the proxes 4 for my OEM wheels. I settled for Sumitomo HTR Z tires when I opted for the SVE wheels with the 10.5 x17" rear. The HTR Z tires are not bad at all for the price. I get no wheel hop when the rear lets loose. Then again, I have not had wheel hop issues like many others have had. Suspension still with original components.

ausie
01-31-2012, 07:45 AM
My left front came apart at 70 mph on the interstate Sunday afternoon. Impressed by the way the car behaved + there was no damage. All that were left were the two sidewalls.....:eek:

I think they were the originals, I'm assuming (it's a '04 with 12,330 miles) so I figure they all should be changed.

Any suggestions ? I'd like to save a little money, but it's not the main issue. The only time I'm real aggressive with it is on "The Dragon". :doubt:

It is good there was no significant damage. Considering your mileage, the tires must have dryrotted. I always inspect my tires for cracks in the tread. I have some old BFG's mounted on factory wheels, they are getting replaced when it is time, however, I have three sets of wheels to use and only install the factory wheels when I take the car in for service.
Since I have staggard fitment with my other wheels, I need a 315/35/17 for the rear wheels. The Nitto NT05 will be considered for the next set for the 10.5x17 rear. They do come in the factory OEM size too 275/40-17.

http://www.nittotire.com/Tire/nt05#size