PDA

View Full Version : Who built your Cobra engine?


redsnake99
04-30-2002, 02:25 PM
My 99 Cobra engine was built (signed) by Robert Natty and Bob McIntyre. Who did yours?

:D

98banana
04-30-2002, 02:44 PM
Bert & Ernie.

Just kidding... I'll check tonight if I can read it through all the dirt.

97whitevert
04-30-2002, 05:47 PM
T Vagi and Greg (or Guy?) Holland

BAD PNY
04-30-2002, 07:19 PM
Henson and Vaughn Herbert

In all my travels I have yet to see these guys on another 4.6 engine. What does that tell ya ? Yikes

98banana
04-30-2002, 07:50 PM
You tell me...

theman
04-30-2002, 08:17 PM
Doug Campbell and Bill Sheffer

97whitevert
04-30-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by 98banana
You tell me...


can't tell Tom, butt it sure looks clean!!!!!:thumbsup:

98banana
04-30-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by 97whitevert



can't tell Tom, butt it sure looks clean!!!!!:thumbsup:

Yeah, but you should see my finger where I wiped the dirt off! :rotf:

97whitevert
04-30-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by 98banana


Yeah, but you should see my finger where I wiped the dirt off! :rotf:


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
sorry dave for geting off track....

who bulit your engine???

poolman
04-30-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by BAD PNY
Henson and Vaughn Herbert

In all my travels I have yet to see these guys on another 4.6 engine. What does that tell ya ? Yikes

Sounds like they did a good job...

I had to go outside and find out who my buds are...
Wayne Warwick and Robert Natty :rotf:

kevin
05-01-2002, 01:24 AM
the sad part - the 00r's have NO signatures on them:(

1-QIK-SNK
05-01-2002, 10:02 AM
Mine has Moe G. and R. Coler

spittincobra01
05-01-2002, 12:04 PM
my 01 was done by Dale Berry (not to be confused with his brother Dingle) (haha) and M Hunt (first name not legible) thanks again Dave for starting this thread!... and Tom I kinda liked, and had to chuckle about bert and ernie.... I bet if you asked my kids they would think those two would do a good job:thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
05-01-2002, 12:50 PM
On my 97 the builders were Wayne W and Jon Hansen. Haven't found a match on mine yet :(

STANGBUM
05-01-2002, 12:55 PM
On my 97 it looks like Moe G. & R. Kohler:cool: :cool:

97whitevert
05-01-2002, 01:05 PM
originally qouted by.....
"Mine has Moe G. and R. Coler"



Originally posted by STANGBUM
On my 97 it looks like Moe G. & R. Kohler:cool: :cool:


BINGO!!!!! we have a match!!!!!:rotf:

98banana
05-01-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by spittincobra01
my 01 was done by Dale Berry (not to be confused with his brother Dingle) (haha) and M Hunt (first name not legible) thanks again Dave for starting this thread!... and Tom I kinda liked, and had to chuckle about bert and ernie.... I bet if you asked my kids they would think those two would do a good job:thumbsup:

:rotf: M Hunt huh? That wouldn't be Mike would it. :confused:

Sorry, had to revert back to my high school days for a minute...

1-QIK-SNK
05-01-2002, 02:44 PM
Looks like we have the same engie builders. I dont know if this means anything, but when I was at Norwalk,Ohio for the Fun Ford the SVT people was going around looking at the cobra's and when they saw mine(names) they said that those guys are the best guys they have. They my buddy right beside me asked about his and they told him that those guys(his names) are good also.

Mine is a 96 and was dynoed at 280 hp and 279.9 tq RWHP
And all my mods are is. Bassani x-pipe w/ cats and welded in 2 chamber flows, and steeda pulleys. They guys at Kenny Brown said that is real good for a 96. Just my .02:thumbsup:

97whitevert
05-01-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by 98banana


:rotf: M Hunt huh? That wouldn't be Mike would it. :confused:

Sorry, had to revert back to my high school days for a minute...


tom, you are soooooo bad...
and just so you know, it hasn't changed... the infamous mike signed his name on the track at school......:eek: :eek:

98banana
05-01-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by 97whitevert



tom, you are soooooo bad...
and just so you know, it hasn't changed... the infamous mike signed his name on the track at school......:eek: :eek:

I went to school with a guy by that name. Needless to say, when he got to high school and learned a few things, he had everybody call him Michael. I think his parents mysteriously dissappeared soon after. :)

97whitevert
05-01-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by 98banana


I went to school with a guy by that name. Needless to say, when he got to high school and learned a few things, he had everybody call him Michael. I think his parents mysteriously dissappeared soon after. :)

don't blame him!!! i wonder about the parents tho.....:eek: :rotf:

Mr. Ed
05-01-2002, 10:25 PM
Paul Normbacher & Gary Smith

97 Cobra
05-01-2002, 11:13 PM
'97 Cobra 'vert

Doug Campbell
Jim Adams

And not one service call on this baby . . . :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

theman
05-02-2002, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by 97 Cobra
'97 Cobra 'vert

Doug Campbell
Jim Adams

And not one service call on this baby . . . :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1/2 of a match. Doug puts together one heck of an engine. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

spittincobra01
05-02-2002, 12:57 AM
Tom, thats funny... I went to school from 1st grade thru HS with a kid whos older brother was mike hunt... where u from origionally?

98banana
05-02-2002, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by spittincobra01
Tom, thats funny... I went to school from 1st grade thru HS with a kid whos older brother was mike hunt... where u from origionally?

Born in Charleston, SC and lived here in Columbia since I was 10. I went to Irmo High School and graduated in '83.

spittincobra01
05-02-2002, 08:55 AM
well, that must be somewhat of a popular name then cause the one I knew was in Auburn NH and I graduated from MMHS in 91 so he must have been class of 87-88.... ok, now were are dating ourselves..lol

winddy1
05-02-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by 97whitevert
T Vagi and Greg (or Guy?) Holland


------------


T. Vagi and Greg Holland !!

Lisa,
the same guys built our '98 engine !!

We have a tshirt with their signatures on it from when we visited the Romeo assembly plant.

:thumbsup: :bounce:

97Whitesnake
05-02-2002, 09:00 PM
I've got Moe G and R Kohler on mine as well. I have seen at least 5 other cobras with these two engine biulders.

STANGBUM
05-03-2002, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by 97Whitesnake
I've got Moe G and R Kohler on mine as well. I have seen at least 5 other cobras with these two engine biulders.

them boys sure can build:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

97whitevert
05-03-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by winddy1



------------


T. Vagi and Greg Holland !!

Lisa,
the same guys built our '98 engine !!

We have a tshirt with their signatures on it from when we visited the Romeo assembly plant.

:thumbsup: :bounce:


COOL!!!!!!!:thumbsup: :bounce: :bounce:

bolt-on
05-28-2002, 08:40 PM
It looks like F. Dowling and Robert Nutty, but Dave said one of his was Robert Natty. So we have one of Dave's and one of Tom Lewis's engine builders. If it holds up as well as either of those engines we will be pleased. Our 1997 was built near the end of 1997 Cobra production, 6642 of 6913 on June 18. The engine build date was June 14. That's tight inventory control, but then Romeo Engine and Dearborn Assembly are probably only 30 miles apart.

Larry

97CasperCobra
05-28-2002, 11:13 PM
You know, I was thinking the other day. I wonder if SVT has the number of engines the guys on our "plates" built. They have to have them on record somewhere in the files, these guys got paid right??? Wonder who I should call since I've found no one with my builders :( . Maybe that'll increase the rarity of the vehicle :D

spittincobra01
05-29-2002, 12:50 AM
let me know if you do find out anything like that! I have not found a match for mine as of yet either.. and would like to know the scoop....lol;) :eek: :thumbsup:

bolt-on
05-29-2002, 11:53 AM
Trivia question: The Romeo Engine Plant was not built new to build modular engines; what Ford product was produced at the plant prior to "mod-motors"?

Stavesacre21
04-01-2005, 11:08 PM
I know this post is almost 3 years old :eek: But I couldn't help but toss my makers into the pool as well! I'd imagine this is also gonna revive this thread all over again as well, considering all the new members since! :bounce:

I believe it says "Paul A. / Dave Synder".....

InfamousSVT
04-05-2005, 07:27 PM
I just looked at mine and I believe it says Anthony Frandle and Robert ? ???? jr.:scratch:

Stavesacre21
04-05-2005, 08:04 PM
Trivia question: The Romeo Engine Plant was not built new to build modular engines; what Ford product was produced at the plant prior to "mod-motors"?
The anticipation has killed me for almost 3 years! :eek:

WHAT WAS IT?!?!?

:rotf:

wrenchturner
04-05-2005, 11:59 PM
Dale Berry and John Hanson here.. http://webpages.charter.net/wrenchturner/DSC00664s.JPG

97whitevert
04-06-2005, 07:49 PM
I know this post is almost 3 years old :eek: But I couldn't help but toss my makers into the pool as well! I'd imagine this is also gonna revive this thread all over again as well, considering all the new members since! :bounce:

I believe it says "Paul A. / Dave Synder".....never too old... many people just don't go back and read all the histerical (oops i meant historical) information in here... :thumbsup: ;)

Zedoc
04-07-2005, 03:25 PM
L. Fine & S. Howard

Stavesacre21
02-01-2007, 05:41 AM
reincarnated once more....I thought others might find this useful!

Here is a pic of all the engine builders that were still around at the end of 04's engine production.

BOTH of the guys that built my 97 are still there! It also helped me to discifer a name from Paul A. TO Paul W.

SAWEET!

http://www.ironfistleadfoot.com/images/galleries/artifacts/artifacts07.jpg

check it out! :thumbsup:

bolt-on
02-04-2007, 09:37 PM
The anticipation has killed me for almost 3 years! :eek:

WHAT WAS IT?!?!?

:rotf:

TRACTORS.

tazzracing1
02-04-2007, 09:46 PM
Must have been a Michigander thing to know.

Stavesacre21
02-05-2007, 10:23 AM
TRACTORS.
wow i held my breath for almost 5 years for that answer!

now i can lay my head down at night. :D