PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Hot Rod Power Tour

MarvinBen
03-13-2011, 09:34 AM
I am driving my 1998 Mustang Cobra convertible on the 2011 Hot Rod Power Tour. Is any one else in the club going on the tour? The tour starts at Cocoa Beach, FL Port Canaveral (Sat June 4); Valdosta, GA South Geogia Motorsports Park (Sunday June 5); Montogomery, AL Montogomery Motorsports Park (Monday June 6); Nashville, TN LP Field (Tuesday June 7); Indianapolis, IN Indianapolis Motor Speedway (Wednesday June 8); Muskegon, MI Downtown Muskegone (Thursday June 9), and Detroit, MI Metro Beach Metropark on Friday June 10). In the morning on Saturday June 11 they have a Long Hauler Awards meeting for Long Haulers only. This is my first year and I am going to be a long hauler. People can join the tour for one or more cities or be long haulers. I was told that the 2010 Power Tour had ~2,500 long haulers and 6,000 cars in all (total for all sites and long haulers).

redsnake99
03-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Have a blast. Greg (Big Daddy) and I did the tour in 2005 & 2006.
Enjoy the cruise, but be careful to not spoil it with a speeding ticket. We didn't get one on our trips, luckily.

MarvinBen
03-14-2011, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the advise, but with an "arrest me red" convertible, I use cruise contol, or should I say "speed control" on the interstates.