PDA

View Full Version : '03 Cobra Orders

'68-Cobra
05-01-2002, 09:47 AM
FYI,

For those of you who have an '03 Cobra on order with chrome wheels, better call your dealer. I stopped by mine yesterday to see if I had a build date or VIN# and learned that my car, along with 4 of the 5 that my dealer has on order are on "material hold." This is because the chrome wheels are not available yet! The one car that they had ordered without chrome wheels is scheduled for production & has a VIN# assigned.

Does anyone have the resources to find out how long of a delay this will be? I don't mind waiting weeks, but I don't want it to go into month!

Thanks,

'68-COBRA

cobragb
05-01-2002, 10:25 AM
Sorry to say. But I heard through the "grapevine" that the Cobra's with chrome wheels will not be scheduled for production until August when the wheels are available.

I really don't understand why it takes so long to get chrome wheels? Anyway, those of us with silver wheels are supposed to be offered a good deal on them when they are available.

Rob03
05-07-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by '68-Cobra
FYI,

For those of you who have an '03 Cobra on order with chrome wheels, better call your dealer. I stopped by mine yesterday to see if I had a build date or VIN# and learned that my car, along with 4 of the 5 that my dealer has on order are on "material hold." This is because the chrome wheels are not available yet! The one car that they had ordered without chrome wheels is scheduled for production & has a VIN# assigned.

Does anyone have the resources to find out how long of a delay this will be? I don't mind waiting weeks, but I don't want it to go into month!

Thanks,

'68-COBRA

I would suggest canceling the chrome and just get the polished wheels. You can then get it built and delivered and then when the wheels become available you will be able to get them for about $695. It sounds like a deal to me...better hurry...

Cheers, :cool:
Robert

winddy1
06-06-2002, 11:40 AM
Did you get it yet !!!!

????

:confused: :confused:

anxiously awaiting a picture !!

Rob03
06-06-2002, 04:54 PM
I got the call today informing me of my VIN and a build date of June 11th. Should have it by the end of the month!

Cheers, :cool:
Robert