PDA

View Full Version : 1995 Cobra Cowl Leak

luvdatbobcat
04-17-2011, 11:13 PM
I keep getting a wet driver's floorboard on my 95 Cobra. Is there a "common" problem with the cowls leaking on these cars?

cobrabitn
04-18-2011, 09:51 PM
I have never had either of my 94's leak. I don't think it is a common problem.

Philcsag1
04-24-2011, 10:37 AM
I keep getting a wet driver's floorboard on my 95 Cobra. Is there a "common" problem with the cowls leaking on these cars?There are several places water can enter as there are holes for many items, the gasketing may be askewffice:office" /><O:p></O:p>

<O:p></O:p>

Steering column<O:p></O:p>

Accelerator cable<O:p></O:p>

Wiring harness<O:p></O:p>

Clutch cable<O:p></O:p>

You will need to get your head under the dash while an assistant hose down the car, this is detective work, not rocket science.<O:p></O:p>

Cobra Jet
09-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Also check the base of the windshield. If the windshield has ever been replaced, it's quite possible that the bead of sealant at the base of the windshield was not thick enough, thus allowing water to seep past it.

If the windshield is original (at the base of the windshield, center, it will say CARLITE if original) - then it's quite possible the original sealant has either deteriorated, or has shrunk and is also allowing water to seep into the interior. As the above poster said, you will definitely need to get below the dash w/ a flashlight, have someone pour water over the glass and see where the leak is originating from...