PDA

View Full Version : SCMC Mustang Week Information

cobrabitn
04-20-2011, 12:10 AM
The SCMC is planning on being at Mustang Week again this year. We appreciate everything many of you have done for us last year, both the MW staff and myself. This year we are again asking for some show judges. SCMC has plenty of qualified show judges and if you can do it at all, please volunteer your time to help both the club and the staff at MW.

I'd also like to set up some sort of club meet. Since I will be down there on Thursday through Saturday nights, we can set up a dinner meet on either Friday or Saturday nights. I know we said this last year but it would be cool if we can do a meal together.

I plan on staying at the Ocean Drive Resort in North Myrtle beach, just a short drive to the show area. More information can be found here:

http://www.oceandriveresort.com/index.htm

It is an ocean front hotel so the beach will be just a hop, skip, and jump away from the back door of the hotel. Post here if you plan on going or plan on helping with the judging. The hotel has vacancies if you want to reserve a room.

Thanks,

Tony

nckissfan
04-20-2011, 07:50 AM
we will be going down on wednesday, not sure of where we are staying yet. I will post that up when we get confirmed. We need to set up a dinner this year. I know we didn't do it last year, but the year before was a nice time. So, I will set that up. :thumbsup:

ghelmick
04-20-2011, 07:32 PM
We'll be down there Sat 16th through Sun 24th. We are staying at Plantation Resorts in Surfside.
Have no experience judging so can't help there but if you all need help with anything else just let me know. Would def. be interested in a meetup/dinner as well.

nckissfan
04-21-2011, 03:29 PM
we are staying at the Hampton Inn Harbourgate in North Myrtle, near Little River.

FLEA03
05-18-2011, 04:59 PM
I will be staying at the Hampton Inn on ocean blvd. No experience judging, but will be there all week

shelbygirl
05-18-2011, 05:32 PM
We have rented a house on the north side for the entire week. So we will be there sat-sat ( it's also our vacation :) ) I'm down for anything and I'll mention whatever is decided to the others staying with us. There will be at least another GT500 not to mention the 5.0s and GTs.

mcquik
06-09-2011, 10:54 AM
I waited to late to sign up for the MW car show this year, but I was wondering if I could park my track car and GT 500 at the club trailer, and I will be willing to help you at the trailer or anything else you need both friday and saturday. I am staying in Garden City. :)

cobrabitn
06-09-2011, 11:33 PM
All help is gladly accepted!! :thumbsup:

FTGT101
06-10-2011, 06:26 AM
I am signed up for the car show and as a Judge. I entered the 07 in the show, but I plan to bring the 93 Snake down as well. If there is room I would like to leave the Cobra at the Club trailer as well. If not no biggie. Glad to see you are making a second year.

nckissfan
06-10-2011, 03:01 PM
I am signed up for the car show and as a Judge. I entered the 07 in the show, but I plan to bring the 93 Snake down as well. If there is room I would like to leave the Cobra at the Club trailer as well. If not no biggie. Glad to see you are making a second year.

this would, actually, be the SCMC's third year at Mustang Week, second with the trailer. :thumbsup:

Tony, how many spots are they going to allow for us? It might be a good idea if we maybe get a head count for the spots.

cobrabitn
06-11-2011, 08:33 AM
I don't know how many spots Mike. Rodney said he is not putting us by the Ford Racing trailer this year like we were last year. We are supposed to be somewhere near the show field but he hasn't gotten back with me on where or what area specifically. I'm waiting on his decision so I know whether the trip will be worth my time or not.

Thanks,

Tony

nckissfan
07-13-2011, 01:55 PM
did Rodney ever let you know how much space we get? how many cars we can squeeze in?

cobrabitn
07-13-2011, 09:15 PM
He just told me the club trailer would be adjacent to the show field. Several people said that it would be better to be down where the action is rather than up by Hooter's but as long as we get exposure and I don't have to listen to a dyno all day, I'll be happy. :)