04-25-2011, 07:22 AM
Went for a nice Sunday drive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzrHa1r9S64

cobrabitn
04-25-2011, 12:38 PM
Nice!! :thumbsup:

03-246
04-26-2011, 11:55 AM
Enjoyed your video...looks like Sunday's weather was a big improvement over Saturday. Jay and I had a blast running together on Saturday session #4...I think we saw you turned around in the grass near Oak Tree....not sure what happened. Any video from Saturday?

gt500flyboy
05-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Enjoyed your video...looks like Sunday's weather was a big improvement over Saturday. Jay and I had a blast running together on Saturday session #4...I think we saw you turned around in the grass near Oak Tree....not sure what happened. Any video from Saturday?
No video from Saturday...that spin was fun - I was braking hard coming up to 11 as always, but shifted to 3rd instead of the usual 4th to save a shift before 11a at Oak tree. I won't do that again. Ass came around and the momentum had me going backwards to the inside of 11. It was all in slow motion tho, didn't even cut any grass...no yellow either.

I was having a blast - finally got some Nitto NT01 track tires. I never had such good traction. I could actually use 2nd and 3rd. The NT01s let me keep speed thru turns like never before - and I could really get into the Baers, but still don't have that level of confidence to push it 100%. Lots of *****-footin due to lack of seat time, but still...I was doing 2:20s - when there wasn't a Porsche, Vette or M3 off the track with a yellow. What's a good time?

Some interesting stats...

The car is over 4300lbs with me in it - plus I start with 3/4 tank - and end with less than 1/4 - it burns thru more than 1/2 tank during a session - maybe 2-3mpg. 160+ on the back stretch, 150+ on the front, 110 up the esses. I'm asking a lot of the NT01s - they would heat up quickly and stick - then too hot and get greasy. I was doing a bit of drifting then - tho very predictable, controllable and consistant. I could finally do some steering with the throttle.

Tell you what tho - I can't wait to get out in the track turd...and leave the 500 in car shows. Don't want to push my luck.

gt500flyboy
06-24-2011, 03:59 PM
Finally had the 500 weighed. Came to 4160lbs with a full tank and no passengers. That doesn't include the rollbar which adds another 82lbs. So with me - I'm over 4400 lbs on the track. It's amazing the tires can keep up.

So...800hp is enough to make it feel light, but I just keep thinking about the momentum if I go off track...