PDA

View Full Version : SVT Superfest Details

cobrabitn
05-16-2011, 11:16 PM
Read the details below so you will be ready for the Superfest!!

To all Superfest Participants,

I would like to personally thank you for being a part of our event and we hope you will enjoy the weekend with us. There will be quite a number of venues that will be going on throughout the weekend and you will get to be a part of all the action.

You will get to witness classic Shelby Mustangs running wheel to wheel over the course of the three days with an exhibition session on Sunday afternoon. See the new all electric Mustang built by the local High School or go back in history with numerous Mustangs and Shelbys on display all weekend. Catch a ride in a Boss 302 or go for a ride in a 60's Ford GT 40. Dyno your car or get it tuned for maximum horsepower or run the parade laps at lunch. You can do it all over the weekend and still get to run wide open on the "grand course" at VIR which is a 4.2 mile configuration.

There will also be numerous vendors in attendance along with some event sponsors. Vendor/Sponsors include Ford Racing/Ford SVT, Mustang Monthly Magazines, Shelby American Automobiles, Used part vendors, Pro-Dyno, Time Out Sportswear, Data Plates Plus, T-5 Designs, and several others.

And, you have the option to be a part of three car shows but most certainly two, a judged SCMC/SVTOA show on Saturday and a SAAC popular vote show on Sunday. Pick a banquet, either you can socialize on Saturday night with SAAC or you can socialize with the SCMC/SVTOA where our guest speaker will be Lee Holman of Holman/Moody.

Friday night affords a "social" hour where members of all clubs can go to the on site banquet room and just enjoy some car talk or take in the events of the day. Either way, the SVT Superfest is an up and growing event and with SAAC holding their convention in conjunction with the SVT clubs, it is sure to be an event you'll be talking about for years.

With all of that said, you as a participant have some responsibilities.

Proper Documents for the Superfest:

As some of you may know, the SCMC requires the proper event paperwork for their on track events. You will have to fill out all of these forms and bring them with you to the event registration.

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7575

Volunteers to assist at the event:

If you are willing to help with the event then your enthusiasm is greatly appreciated. We have a need for judges for the Saturday judged car show and tech inspectors all throughout the weekend. If you are willing to do either of these tasks, please post here:

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=222529#post222529

Car Show Classes:

If you are signed up for the car show then you can see the show classes here: http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=222597#post222597 They will all be "Best in Show" awards and we will go with the top three in each class. If we have a good number in one class and nothing in the other than we will break the classes out or will just give more awards in the bigger group. Check back for the mock up of the awards. If you preregistered for the car show, you will receive a dash plaque and show poster as part of your registration.

Friday Night Social:

If you plan to attend the Friday night social, we need to know this. While I can get some of this information off your form, it would be helpful if you posted in the forums as soon as possible so we can get a head count. You will pay the track direct and not any club for the Friday night social, that's why they want to know how many people in your party will be there Friday night. Click here to let us know you will be at the Friday night social.

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18388

Arrive on Thursday:

If you can, try to get your car teched on Thursday. There are numerous advantages to doing that besides the possibility of you losing track time and with three run sessions per day, you do not want to lose out on any track time.

Classroom Sessions for newbies:

Novices will be responsible for going to the classroom sessions which will be conducted by Ford Motor Company employee, Darius Rudis. The schedule verifies what time you should be in classroom.

Event Schedule:

Click here to get a copy of the event schedule. If you have any questions, post them in the forums as others may want to know the same answer to the same question.
http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7592

What to do when I get there?

Thursday:

Check in at the front gate to sign waiver forms then make a right when you reach the stop sign. Proceed for .5 miles till you come to a split in the road. Take the road that leads you to the bridge that crosses over the track, it will be on your left. The skidpad is located on the right just before the north paddock gate. Park your vehicle on the pad and proceed to the registration trailer for further instructions.

Friday-Sunday:

When you arrive at the facility, you should look for the signs or for someone to guide you to the "check in" location. After you turn on the road that goes to the track, do not go to the front guard house. You should be directed to the industrial park road that is just before the gate on your right. You will then proceed to the area where someone will greet you to give you your event passes. Come into the complex and proceed to the north paddock where you will be given further instructions.

Walk in spectators will follow the same format over the weekend.

Please feel free to post your questions or e-mail me if your question is not answered but I prefer the forums so your e-mail doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

Special Note: Children under 15 get in free.

Please remember our remaining on track events this year.

TCUSA/SCMC on Track at Summit Point - August 13-14, 2011
SCMC/TCUSA on Track at VIR - October 15-16, 2011 (Car Show/Full Course VIR)

Thanks and let's have a fun time together!

MASMD
05-17-2011, 12:40 AM
Will we be able to park haulers and cars Thursday night at the paddock? Thanks in advance. Reg

puzzle13
05-17-2011, 03:07 AM
VIR is always open to allow you to park your haulers etc. I always stay at the track and cars and haulers arrive late in the evenings at times.

Will we be able to park haulers and cars Thursday night at the paddock? Thanks in advance. Reg

tr6nut
05-22-2011, 09:56 AM
Tony,

A couple of questions:

1. If we are towing our car, can we go to the paddock, unload the car and then proceed to the skidpad for tech/registration or do we go directly to the skidpad with the car on the trailer?
2. If we have open car trailer, where should we park those (after we unload the car)? In the paddock? Or somewhere else so designated?

Less than a week to go, I'm getting psyched!!

Hugh

cobrabitn
05-22-2011, 10:11 AM
It depends Hugh...

We cannot enter the paddock until after 5:00 p.m. on Thursday since the Porsche group has it for the day. If you are planning on leaving your trailer in one space all weekend then you can leave it in the paddock where you want to stay all weekend, if you plan on taking it back and forth then you'll probably lose your space sometime over the weekend.

If you are coming in on Thursday, go to the skid pad and get teched and then proceed to the north paddock after 5:00 p.m. I do not know how strict the Porsche group will be if we go there earlier. I know I have done it before but I don't really like it when other people come in during our rental, they may feel the same way??

MASMD
05-22-2011, 11:59 AM
Tony, looks like I'll have myself and 5 more for Saturday night. Is that a pay at the door type event or do you need something now? 4 of the 5 are kids under 15 that may be up for auction on Sunday depending on how the weekend goes. All have their shots up to date.

tr6nut
05-22-2011, 08:07 PM
If you are planning on leaving your trailer in one space all weekend then you can leave it in the paddock where you want to stay all weekend, if you plan on taking it back and forth then you'll probably lose your space sometime over the weekend.
Once it comes off the trailer, it's staying off till Sunday. I plan on leaving the car at the track all weekend and using my truck to get between the track and the hotel.

cobrabitn
05-22-2011, 10:46 PM
Parkit in the infield and leave it there all weekend.

I'll add you Reg to the list. You pay the track direct when you get there.

drudis
05-23-2011, 08:49 AM
Quote: Click here to get a copy of the event schedule. If you have any questions, post them in the forums as others may want to know the same answer to the same question.
http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/...ntid=7576&stc=1

Can you update the event schedule link... Thanks.

tr6nut
05-24-2011, 03:37 PM
Tony,

What are the VIR Pit/Paddock rules for this event? (such as: no refueling on pavement, no open fires, "quiet time", etc. Here's the one from the Porsche Club as an example http://pcazone2.intuitwebsites.com/VIR_Rules_and_Regs-1.pdf)

Hugh

cobrabitn
05-24-2011, 09:56 PM
That's directly from the VIR contract so those would be the rules.