PDA

View Full Version : Throw-out bearing noise

Blackstone
05-25-2011, 11:56 AM
I am getting transmission noise or something similar from the tunnel area. Can someone please describe what a failing throw-out bearing noise sounds like, or, if you have other suggestions of noise from that area, please advise. Shifting, etc is still fine. Noise starts about 30 seconds after start-up and is a bit different in each gear. Car is a 03 Cobra, 10th Anniversary edition. Thanks.

snakbitn
05-25-2011, 08:48 PM
Replaced mine last week.Normally when a release bearing is going bad it doesn't make a noise until you put your foot on the clutch pedal or engauge it.You know pretty quickly from the sound.

Robert

ausie
01-03-2012, 08:03 AM
I had similar issues as well. The noise I heard sounded like a squeel or chirp without the clutch pressed in. Turned out to have a gaulled sleeve (cannot remember the part name on the input shaft of the transmission). Also, the clutch and flywheel were both shot. It still grabbed great but made some nasy noise when shifting. Had the problem fixed through a TSB along with a remanufactured clutch, new flywheel and pressure plate (ford service will not install new parts, only remanufactured). Now 35k miles it is back but definately the TOB and clutch. Have parts to do it right this time around.