October 15 & 16

Two full days of track fun for SCMC members & Track Club USA members

Be sure to watch for more details over the next few weeks. :thumbsup:

gfcobra
06-03-2011, 10:26 AM
COOL :thumbsup:

ORANGE CRUSH
06-03-2011, 05:08 PM
This well probly be my first track event for the BOSS. Can't wait..

gfcobra
06-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Better get another set of tires judging by that picture those rear a probably bald by now or the tires are slicks, event better grip.
Gary.

JoeJ
06-04-2011, 02:23 AM
I will be there with my new Boss302S. Looking forward to the event.

cobrabitn
06-04-2011, 10:46 AM
As Jim said, we will be going back to MSR-Houston in the fall but we will need everyone's help to get back to spreading the word for us. Ideally, we would like to have at least 60 people signed up for the event. Please spread the word so we can gauge interest and make a full commitment to the track. Starting this year, everyone including instructors must either be an SCMC member or a Track Club USA member or they cannot run with us. There will not be any exceptions to this requirement. Thanks and let's spread the word now so we can get full control of the track.

Tony

03 cobra toy
06-04-2011, 06:45 PM
:) :)

JBoden
06-05-2011, 10:48 AM
:bounce: This is a great opportunity to build membership in the South Central Region.

October is a premium time of year in this area - best weather for Track events. MSRH is excited to have us back.

Let's all pull together and make the most of this challenge. :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
06-06-2011, 01:32 AM
No car = no track :(

Andy M
06-06-2011, 10:50 AM
As Jim said, we will be going back to MSR-Houston in the fall but we will need everyone's help to get back to spreading the word for us. Ideally, we would like to have at least 60 people signed up for the event. Please spread the word so we can gauge interest and make a full commitment to the track. Starting this year, everyone including instructors must either be an SCMC member or a Track Club USA member or they cannot run with us. There will not be any exceptions to this requirement. Thanks and let's spread the word now so we can get full control of the track.

Tony
We'll get busy spreading the word right away! Count me in! :bounce:

I have not run MSRH in at least 5-6 years.

ORANGE CRUSH
06-06-2011, 04:01 PM
And don't forget you have no drive ethier.......:D

cobrabitn
06-06-2011, 11:32 PM
Ahh, haa Todd, that was brutal!! :D Maybe you can let him take the Boss for a jolt....heee heee... ;)

Andy, what we will try to do is match up newbies with instructors that are available. If we have 12 SCMC or TCUSA member instructors, then we may limit the novices to 12. So, if you have some people that want to help instruct send them our way.

We haven't gone over the details yet but what Jim and I are going to try and do is run an open format. That means 2 run groups, novice/intermediate and advanced/instructor. The novice group would get 4 thirty minute sessions per day and the advanced would get four 1.5 hour sessions per day. We did this at VIR in January and everyone loved it.

What that does for us is we do not have to worry about not having enough instructors so if they do not want to be a club member, then we just won't use them and limit our novices to who we have available. We'll just have to play it by ear and see how things progress.

Intermediate drivers will be able to run in the novice group if they feel they are uncomfortable in the advanced group. This will allow them to run in a slower group but not require an instructor. We'll just have to take each person on an individual basis.

Evilcartman
06-07-2011, 12:04 AM

You can cruise out with me and take pictures. Maybe Patrick will join us.

97CasperCobra
06-07-2011, 12:56 AM
Ahh, haa Todd, that was brutal!! :D Maybe you can let him take the Boss for a jolt....heee heee... ;)

Todd doesn't want someone else to show him how to really drive his car ;) , besides, I'll have my day soon enough :thumbsup:

Larry95
06-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Better get another set of tires judging by that picture those rear a probably bald by now or the tires are slicks, event better grip.
Gary.Someone has a new set of NT01 they won at a raffel last week :p

Andy M
06-08-2011, 03:35 AM

Tony
Tony,

I just read your post again as I missed the caveats earlier. May I ask what your reasoning is for this? First of all, you are not going to get many instructors to come if you try charging them for a membership. Secondly, if it is your plan to begin charging regular folks with Corvettes, Porsches, and other non Cobra model cars a membership? Good luck with that.

I am not trying to be Johnny Raincloud, but I think you definitely need to rethink this strategy. There are way too many other (TWS for instance) tracks in the area which provide other venues for folks wanting to partake in our sport.

This is of course your decision, but don't expect too many instructors to cough up the membership fee. If I were not already a member, I would not do it.

Larry95
06-08-2011, 11:25 AM
I have not run MSRH in at least 5-6 years.Does that mean that you have never run it in the clockwise direction like they are running it now?

ORANGE CRUSH
06-08-2011, 07:44 PM
:) :)
What are you so happy about........:D

cobrabitn
06-08-2011, 11:21 PM
I understand what you are saying Andy but it is unfair that our current SCMC members pay for event insurance through dues and everyone who attends our events not contribute their fair share. (We could charge a non-member rate for the event if you think that would make a difference?)

Again, if we have two member instructors then we'll try to keep the novices to two and just concentrate more on advanced/intermediate groups running with us so instructors are not needed.