PDA

View Full Version : Done with the straight line stuff.

ViperBlueCobra
07-28-2011, 12:02 PM
When is the next road track track day event? I'm ready to start getting involved in the twistes.

After making a few trips to baytown to get a few runs in, after being there for hours, gets frustrating. Not to mention all the money and risk of breaking things, all for a 11 second pass.

I don't know if autocross solo will work with such a heavy car, so I'm more interested in going on a real track. Maybe MSR?? Don't know where to go or how to get started. Help a brother out!

ORANGE CRUSH
07-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Here you go Big Daddy.

SAVE THE DATE - SPREAD THE WORD
Oct 15 & 16, 2011
An exclusive driver's event reserved for members of the SVT Cobra Mustang Club and Members of the Track Club USA !!!

Motorsport Ranch - Houston
Take advange of the early registration at $295. after October 1st, $325

On-line registration available soon at www.scmcstore.com (http://www.scmcstore.com/)

Larry95
07-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Gary F. and I are going up to TWS in College Station this weekend to run with the TWS group. They do allow walkups, so bring it on.

ViperBlueCobra
07-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Gary F. and I are going up to TWS in College Station this weekend to run with the TWS group. They do allow walkups, so bring it on.

Never done a road course event.

Do you have a list of things I need to bring, and times and details of the event included costs?

Thank you sir!

Josh

cobrabitn
07-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Right now, since MSR changed their agreement with the club, the MSR event is not going to happen. Unless we can come up with 50 paying participants, I do not see the event materializing. I would go with Larry and the group to TWS and try open tracking. You have the right car for it, so enjoy the hobby.

97CasperCobra
07-29-2011, 01:44 AM
Josh, this group is a great one to get you started on the open-track.....but watch out, don't let them influence you TOO much ;-)

Hope to see you out soon.:thumbsup:

Larry95
07-29-2011, 09:41 AM
Go to www.texasworldspeedway.com (http://www.texasworldspeedway.com) and click on the link to the July 30/31 event. It will give you all the infomation you are looking for. The only thing you will need that you may not have is a snell approved headgear. If you can't make it out to drive, come on out and hang out with Gary and I. We always have a blast. Look for a white '95 cobra #66 or a red 2KR #143, that will be us.

Andy M
07-29-2011, 11:57 AM
Larry,

ya'll have fun this weekend and be sure to keep the shiny side facing up!! I wish I could make it! :(

JBoden
07-29-2011, 08:00 PM
Unfortunately - this event has been cancelled

Here you go Big Daddy.

SAVE THE DATE - SPREAD THE WORD
Oct 15 & 16, 2011
An exclusive driver's event reserved for members of the SVT Cobra Mustang Club and Members of the Track Club USA !!!

Motorsport Ranch - Houston
Take advange of the early registration at $295. after October 1st, $325

On-line registration available soon at www.scmcstore.com (http://www.scmcstore.com/)

ORANGE CRUSH
07-30-2011, 12:15 AM
LOL!!!!!!!! that figures. Well we are all still on for the Christmas Party at my house this year...:thumbsup: So far I don't see anyone screwing that up.:rolleyes:

cobrabitn
07-30-2011, 09:54 AM
It's not that we didn't try Todd, they just wanted to run the track over the weekend and I just don't see how you can have two groups running the event their own way. We would be mixing MSR club members with SCMC members and our differences were going to be who was going to be in control of what which makes it very awkward. Initially, we were going to run the event, now they want to run it so it just isn't going to work out for us.

97CasperCobra
07-30-2011, 05:34 PM
LOL!!!!!!!! that figures. Well we are all still on for the Christmas Party at my house this year...:thumbsup: So far I don't see anyone screwing that up.:rolleyes:
Once a year gatherings is what this region has come to :(

cobrabitn
07-30-2011, 10:55 PM
let me see, we have an event a month in the Carolinas pretty much and you guys have the second biggest group. What is stopping y'all from setting up a cruise or something? You do have more than one event a year, you got the car show and the Christmas party. I think the biggest problem is no one's schedule meshes or everyone is just too busy.

Question: You got 5 months in the year left, what is stopping you from setting up a cruise in September?

Answer: You are!! :)

ORANGE CRUSH
07-31-2011, 08:40 PM
We lost our leader and no one has stepped up to the plate.

Larry95
08-01-2011, 12:05 PM
We lost our leader and no one has stepped up to the plate.
When did we lose our leader? I didn't know about that.

ORANGE CRUSH
08-03-2011, 11:38 PM
When did we lose our leader? I didn't know about that.

Well he is still here, he's just married now.....lol..:D So married - lost same thing.

97CasperCobra
08-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Well he is still here, he's just married now.....lol..:D So married - lost same thing.
I guess everyone is "lost" these days......

jimmysidecarr
08-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Today was awesome at the Houston Coffee and Cars event!

It was great seeing you guys again!:bounce:

This is something we could all do once a month EASILY!! Including a lunch following the event like we did today, and next time we could add on a cruise after lunch!

This would be so easy to kick up to speed.

Who's coming next month?

ME!

Who wants to set up a cruise route?

ORANGE CRUSH
08-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Im in. I'll even bring the BOSS next time..

mingrey02gt
08-17-2011, 10:57 PM
Why would running on a msrh member day stop you guys from going? 30 minutes on 30 minutes off. Ive run the bike on member days and have seen the BMW group running with members of MSRH.

Larry95
08-18-2011, 08:06 AM
Why would running on a msrh member day stop you guys from going? 30 minutes on 30 minutes off. Ive run the bike on member days and have seen the BMW group running with members of MSRH.
Good Question :)

gfcobra
08-18-2011, 12:17 PM
I'm in for member days. Track time is good time any time.
Gary.

ViperBlueCobra
08-18-2011, 02:13 PM
I'll make it to the next cars and coffee for sure. I was planning on going this last one, but my sister insisted I help her move that morning. UGGGH.

Laters,

Josh