PDA

View Full Version : o2 sensors

WVSNS&
01-18-2012, 08:30 PM
The drivers side is different from the passenger side on my 01. They look very different. One has a deeper probe than the other. Either way the new ones need an extension. The old drivers side one has a home made extension done by a shop locally. Got to find some extensions. Swell!

cobrabitn
01-18-2012, 10:49 PM
Better get them while they still have them available. I have to change the two sensors on my 94 but am waiting to verify the mfg numbers before I order them. Motorcraft makes them...

Snoopy 777
01-19-2012, 11:05 PM
The drivers side is different from the passenger side on my 01. They look very different. One has a deeper probe than the other. Either way the new ones need an extension. The old drivers side one has a home made extension done by a shop locally. Got to find some extensions. Swell!

Can you explain these extensions? I thought the openings in the O2 sensor had to be in "the flow" of exhaust, wouldn't an extension cover that up?

If this is a Motorcraft part you are looking for in Virginia Beach I know the local district Motorcraft distributor very well.

WVSNS&
01-20-2012, 09:48 PM
The extensions I am getting are just wires with connectors. The BBK Long tube headers I have altered the location of the sensor. Just a little further away.

Snoopy 777
01-21-2012, 10:57 AM
The extensions I am getting are just wires with connectors. The BBK Long tube headers I have altered the location of the sensor. Just a little further away.

Oops, okay I misunderstand.